OT - What are you doing to pass the time

FogBat

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Ha--no, it's just something I do every Spring anyway so might as well get a head start.

No one ever had to worry about cleanliness with that guy.

As for finding things to do, my wife is getting an online business started.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

For the most part absolutely nothing has changed for me.  I work from home and continue to do so.  The kids are home but it's like vacation when they are home. I have my space and they know not to intrude.

The biggest change is what to do with not having to play taxi driver for the kids, but even that had already slowed down.  The weather was crap so I didn't feel like going outside anyway.

Right now, every day is the same for me.  I spend most of my "free" time talking to friends of mine who are not getting through it as easy.  

I hear ya. A lot of us took earning a paycheck for granted. I feel sorry for those who can't work right now. My SIL and her husband are both teachers in NoVA. I know what they're going through.

Still going to work everyday - Passenger side of airport is closed but cargo side still running like usual minus the passenger flights.

Might even have more cargo flights coming but we'll see what if that actually happens.    Its bound to dry up sooner than later with the entire industry down.

It is still winter here so I am going to make some maple syrup. We usually tap about 40 trees and make about 2 gallons. We collect it by hand so it is exercise and a few 12 hour days of boiling sap.
I have some firewood to cut and split as well. Once maple season is done I switch to birch syrup.

The dogs love being in the  bush all day.

I am off of work for at least three weeks so I should have plenty of time.

• Like (+1) 1

My job description falls under essential personnel so it's business as usual.  Semi-quarantine sucks but it's a good opportunity to do some stuff with the kiddos (ie. volcano science experiment).  Looking forward to making some messes in the name of science. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

It is still winter here so I am going to make some maple syrup. We usually tap about 40 trees and make about 2 gallons. We collect it by hand so it is exercise and a few 12 hour days of boiling sap.
I have some firewood to cut and split as well. Once maple season is done I switch to birch syrup.

The dogs love being in the  bush all day.

I am off of work for at least three weeks so I should have plenty of time.

How does it compare with the maple syrup?

1 hour ago, French Collection said:

My father's employer also made syrup only he tapped hundreds of trees and mass produced. When I was about 8 or 9 he employed me to wear a backpack device that carried the car battery that power the drill for tapping and we'd walk what seemed like a million miles through the woods. I didn't get to run the drill, I was basically the little burro to carry that heavy ass battery. He had a pipeline to the sugarhouse so the labor was reduced but I was back to help again when he was boiling. That was cool because I got to pour the fresh stuff on a big old bowl of snow and eat it up the gooey results. How do you boil off? My MIL makes some every year but she gets a few bottles of vodka and just spends days boiling on the stove top. 

Edited by Ogre
  • Like (+1) 1

I had to shave, my beard isn't all that good, but damn, I look 14 years old now. Might as well keep it clean for a while. 

I'm still going hard on my triathlon training, as best as I can when I'm not at work. The cycling and running are pretty easy, but not swimming sucks a lot as it's the sport I need the most work on right now. 

The hotel I stay at, they closed the pool, but they will let me in, just me If I'd like, I may take them up on the offer, but the pool is not big and I certainly can't do laps in it. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.