Sabres interested in Finnish Winger Eemeli Suomi

Brawndo

I'm trying to be positive on this but ANOTHER 5' 10"  180 pound winger is uninspiring.  But, then again, I'm not a competent NHL GM (yes, that is sarcasm),

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 2

I do love that someone is disparaging a player they have never seen play despite the guy only being 24 and is the 2nd leading scorer in the Liiga and 3rd leading goal scorer in the Liiga.  I don't know if he can play in the NHL but I have seen worse ideas.  Routsalainen by the way is 18th in points and 40th in goals.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

I’m open to anything that makes us better at this point. So damn tired of losing. 

Amen brother.  But even more than losing, I just want a team that is the embodiment of passion, grit, fight, and an FU attitude.  We had more of these traits on my HS Hockey team.  We were not that great but we never quit and I always knew someone had my back, and I had theirs.  I want a team I can like, win or lose.

• Like (+1) 2

2 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

A Suomi KP/-31 is a Finnish submachine gun that was used in WW2 and copied by the Soviets because of it's accuracy.   Machinegun Eemeli, why not. 

Hope JBOT pulls the trigger on getting this guy.

13 hours ago, Sabre fan said:

good question...like why would he want to come to the Sabres? does he like losing or something? seems strange

If he is interested he likely has friend(s) on the team or his agent likes his chances of playing and thus making a name for himself in the league. Also, it might simply be for money. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.