OT - Have it on decent authority that NYS will be making an announcement today that all NYS schools will be closing...

matter2003

Just now, Sabre fan said:

here in Ontario (Canada) our teachers have been doing one day strikes almost every week as they battle for more money and now they announced our schools are al closing for two full weeks AFTER next week's March break...thus they will be off minimum THREE weeks! There has been no known cases of COVID 20 (I call it "20" as this is 2020 not 2019) in any school but better be safe then sorry I guess...

Started in 2019...

31 minutes ago, MakeSabresGrr8Again said:

I'm just wondering how much better off all these kids will be in daycare centers for longer periods of time.

Daycares are breading grounds for all kinds of things. All those drooling kids with snot running out of their faces rolling around on the ground. What could go wrong?

18 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Daycares are breading grounds for all kinds of things. All those drooling kids with snot running out of their faces rolling around on the ground. What could go wrong?

You say that like K-3 school isn't the same, lol.

They have not closed anything in Monroe County yet.  The word we got today is that they are set for online teaching but will use it only if they have to.  Actually got a really good email from the district with links to different policies from NYS, CDC, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.