NHL Season Officially Suspended - COVID-19

WildCard

An interesting potential moneymaking operation could be buying $6 tix on Stub Hub hoping that the games either get cancelled or the teams are willing to exchange tix for games that get played on a rescheduled date.  

IF either of those happen those tix could be worth $30-$100 each.

Definitely won't be doing it myself, but it could be easy money.  Buy low - sell high. ?

1 minute ago, Taro T said:

An interesting potential moneymaking operation could be buying $6 tix on Stub Hub hoping that the games either get cancelled or the teams are willing to exchange tix for games that get played on a rescheduled date.  

Definitely won't be doing it myself, but it could be easy money.  Buy low - sell high. ?

Interesting thought. I picked this weekend to come home for a visit because it's the only one that had the bandits home Saturday, sandwiched by the Sabres Friday and Sunday. I'm very disappointed. I'm also thinking of driving the rental car back to Nashville instead of flying. I'm not sure if that's an overreaction though. 

3 minutes ago, Hank said:

Interesting thought. I picked this weekend to come home for a visit because it's the only one that had the bandits home Saturday, sandwiched by the Sabres Friday and Sunday. I'm very disappointed. I'm also thinking of driving the rental car back to Nashville instead of flying. I'm not sure if that's an overreaction though. 

Good question.  Considering you flew up, probably ok to fly back.

Stay safe and well either way.

40 minutes ago, Taro T said:

I had my meetup game tickets up on StubHub because I can't make it anymore and I pulled them down right away because of this. Didn't want someone buying them only for the Sabres to issue a refund or something. 

21 hours ago, Hank said:

I prefer to drive if 8 hours or less.  Especially with a good companion.  Air travel is just not fun.  

21 hours ago, Taro T said:

Good question.  Considering you flew up, probably ok to fly back.

Stay safe and well either way.

I have been on the road since Sunday.  First on business, then pre-planned stop in Buffalo to see the families.  

This has been very stressful.  My company started emailing the Covid 19 restrictions and policies on Tuesday/Wednesday.   Air travel was creepy and almost dead on Thursday.  Buffalo was pretty quiet the whole weekend.  Some of our family plans fell through. 

I really just want to go home.  I think it’s important for all to participate in the processes to reduce possibility of spreading it.  I fly out tomorrow at 1:25 and get home around 6:30 after a connection in Charlotte.  Can’t wait.  I hope my office shuts down this week.  I want to be home.  

59 minutes ago, thewookie1 said:

I hate the stupid CDC for these Doomsday predictions. Why not say 4 weeks? If its not better by week 3 then go back over the timeline. By making it 8 weeks you are only going to create further panics to purchase goods.

Or maybe it's because people keep ignoring the recommendations so they need to make it sound more severe or its become more severe because people keep ignoring recommendations...

For something that takes such a long time to incubate the time period to know if things have adjusted is drawn out.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, LTS said:

Or maybe it's because people keep ignoring the recommendations so they need to make it sound more severe or its become more severe because people keep ignoring recommendations...

For something that takes such a long time to incubate the time period to know if things have adjusted is drawn out.

The response in the U.S. is among the worst in the world thanks to your sh*tshow of a president. "We have a beautiful test."  wtf is wrong with that guy? 

What do you expect I guess from the guy who fired all the main pandemic response people when he took office to cut those useless big government programs. Genius. Pure genius. 

• Haha (+1) 1

9 hours ago, OverPowerYou said:

Another fellow member commented recently stating that the playoffs would be extremely Exciting with all of the players rested. Something we haven’t seen before. I cant wait 

The lockout caused the 1994–95 season to be shortened to 48 games instead of 84, the shortest season in 53 years.

7 hours ago, PerreaultForever said:

The response in the U.S. is among the worst in the world thanks to your sh*tshow of a president. "We have a beautiful test."  wtf is wrong with that guy? 

What do you expect I guess from the guy who fired all the main pandemic response people when he took office to cut those useless big government programs. Genius. Pure genius. 

As has been repeatedly made clear in this thread already -- this BS belongs in the politics club.

I see zero chance of the season being played. In fact i am not even sure about October.

Also the economic pain will be felt so severe and so vast, can these teams even survive when they return?

I can see the salary cap being chopped again, everything rolled back. It will be about survival.

Can businesses really afford to buy suites, and expensive tickets considering what is about to happen?

I don't see it.

Sports as we all know it is about to change in a very profound way, among everything else.

• Sad 1