NHL Season Officially Suspended - COVID-19

WildCard

2 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Great excuse to have long marathon sex sessions...

As a software engineer, I sadly can't get excited about being told to stay home either because they would just tell me to login through the VPN and work remotely...

I anticipate this email in my inbox at any moment!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Brawndo said:

The Sabres Season is probably over. Playoffs with or without fans will probably begin in May if I was a betting person 

My immediate concern right now is for the playoffs.

The NHL regular season is such garbage nowadays...but at least we always have the playoffs.

But now maybe we won't!  And if we do, the games might be played in empty buildings, which would totally suck.

6 minutes ago, Marty said:

Long marathon sex sessions are ALWAYS a good substitute for Sabre’s hockey!!!

When your partner is your hand, I don't think it counts as a sex session.

?

Edited by Kruppstahl
  • Haha (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Got some looks at grocery store wearing a mask... washing hands wiping with bleach counter tops... sigh

That mask you're wearing doesn't do anything to prevent you from getting this.

Masks are made to prevent the wearer from passing things on to others, not the other way around.

Regardless, this virus is like influenza.  It spreads simply through breathing.

Rather than wearing that mask, a better course of action (if possible) would be to not go into the store with lots of other people.

We all do have to eat however! 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I just checked and it is 7th by points percentage too. ImPrOvEmEnT

Stay safe, SSers. 

I'll be back when there is hockey to talk about. 

Get your reading in, eat your veggies, protect your loved ones, start a new hobby. 

We need to restart the reading thread.

4 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Masks are made to prevent the wearer from passing things on to others, not the other way around.

Rather than wearing that mask, a better course of action (if possible) would be to not go into the store with lots of other people.

If this helps, I deliver processed chickens to distribution centers.

2 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

This thing feels so staged, its hard to believe tbh.

image.thumb.png.78e7df3bcd0cca52b4705e7aa91d3a57.png

I heard someone else say that when I was making a delivery this morning. I dismissed it.

Truckers can be some of the worst carriers of misinformation.

Wonder if they’ll do an abridged playoffs with only two or three rounds?

Wonder if the owners are going to strong arm and force the players to pay even more to cover all the lost revenues?  Or how they’re going to manage next years cap— many of the owners are going to resist lowering the cap cause their own team will suffer in competitiveness. 

Also— draft and free agency being shifted is going to mess with a lot of things. 

Edited by triumph_communes

I fully understand why they are doing this, but I was planning on going to buffalo from nj as a vacation for a week. Everything is nonrefundable. Meh. I might still go up and look at the buildings?

This will be a day long remembered. We've seen the end of Season and we'll soon see the end of the Rebellion.

Stay safe out there 'Spacers! And find a new hobby? Hobby, you still with me? Wait, you mean, apart from interjecting hockey threads with Star Wars quotes?

(Don't take this one lightly, all signs are it incubates for a long time meaning you can feel great for a week, and even then have only minor symptoms yourself, and still infect those you care about who might not have the system to withstand it.)

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I just checked and it is 7th by points percentage too. ImPrOvEmEnT

Stay safe, SSers. 

I'll be back when there is hockey to talk about. 

Get your reading in, eat your veggies, protect your loved ones, start a new hobby. 

You, too! I've got a tonnnn of toenail clippings in jars to sort. Don't laugh. It's very relaxing.

1 hour ago, Kruppstahl said:

But health care workers need the masks. It's sort of a mixed message. The best explanation I've heard so far is proximity — the mask doesn't help the general public who aren't in close, intimate contact with strangers (usually) as much as it helps HCW's who are literally getting coughed on.

2 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Except it was called "The Roaring 20's" because there was so much prosperity.  1929 the economy begin to collapse and it was the 30's when all that happened.

Right. And the Spanish Flu pandemic started in 1918. Way to go, Facebook.