NHL Season Officially Suspended - COVID-19

WildCard

Monroe County has their first and there are a few people being tested in Greece (the town).  They were in Italy last week.

Daughter's volleyball in buffalo canceled for the weekend.  USA Hockey Nationals canceled (I have friends whose daughters are on the Rochester Edge 14U who were supposed to go after winning NYS last week).  It's unfortunate...

2 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

By points percentage?

The only team  we could swap spots with if we kept playing to an equal amount of games would be Montreal who has 2 more gp and 3 more points. Not sure how they're gonna work that one out honestly.

Montreal - 71gp, 71pts, 1pt/game

Buffalo - 69gp, 68pts, < 1pt/game

So either way, 7th appears to be our spot 

Edited by WildCard

Just now, WildCard said:

The only team  we could swap spots with if we kept playing to an equal amount of games would be Montreal who has 2 more gp and 3 more points. Not sure how they're gonna work that one out honestly.

Montreal - 71gp, 71pts, 1pt/game

Buffalo - 69gp, 68pts, < 1pt/game

So either way, 7th appears to be out spot 

I just checked and it is 7th by points percentage too. ImPrOvEmEnT

Stay safe, SSers. 

I'll be back when there is hockey to talk about. 

Get your reading in, eat your veggies, protect your loved ones, start a new hobby. 

17 minutes ago, LTS said:

Monroe County has their first and there are a few people being tested in Greece (the town).  They were in Italy last week.

Local news was reporting last night that they hadn’t self quarantined and went about their regular lives for a few days after they’d returned. The news also reported that they claimed that they had to be persistent in their efforts to get tested as well. My wife was supposed to have the day off but the theatre is overwhelmed at the moment with phone calls/emails. The promoter isn’t going to refund and people are getting the pitch forks out. It really isn’t her fault either, the promoter calls the shots.....does this mean the AHL will follow their lead?

3 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Local news was reporting last night that they hadn’t self quarantined and went about their regular lives for a few days after they’d returned. The news also reported that they claimed that they had to be persistent in their efforts to get tested as well. My wife was supposed to have the day off but the theatre is overwhelmed at the moment with phone calls/emails. The promoter isn’t going to refund and people are getting the pitch forks out. It really isn’t her fault either, the promoter calls the shots.....does this mean the AHL will follow their lead?

Just wait until they realize that pitch forks are the number 1 method of transmission.

• Haha (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I think the tipping point has been reached and at this point the risk of NOT acting puts you in line for some level of bad publicity or worse.  Everyone is canceling everything.  Our school just shutdown any overnight travel until April 12.  It's only a matter of time before they cancel all sports and possibly put the kinds into online learning.  It's happening.

I see no way the AHL does not respond in a similar fashion at this point. 

1 minute ago, LTS said:

I think the tipping point has been reached and at this point the risk of NOT acting puts you in line for some level of bad publicity or worse. 

She’s been pulling her hair out that they hadn’t released a statement yet let alone canceled anything. It makes it seem that she’s the heartless beast when in reality the promoter has been steadfast(and still is to my knowledge)that the show will go on and there will be no refunds. 

• Sad 1

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

What happens to the meetup game?  (I can't find that thread.)

Yeah I just went back 14 pages and didn't find it either. I'm hoping we get refunded at least

Also, I wonder if this helps or hurts Botterill's case