NHL Season Officially Suspended - COVID-19

WildCard

Realistically, this is the right thing to do. It's tough to put entertainment ahead of public health. There's going to have to be some solution about the economy though, and I don't have a good idea what it'll be. You almost have to postpone everyone's bills since there will be so many people with hourly jobs that are screwed unless they have a healthy emergency fund.

• Like (+1) 2

Don't know, just play behind closed doors ?

they are already closing every freaking bar, school, event.   At least let the teams play so we got something to enjoy or we can all sit at home for a month and watch 'Days of our lives' and other crap  all day long.

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

they are already closing every freaking bar, school, event.   At least let the teams play so we got something to enjoy or we can all sit at home for a month and watch 'Days of our lives' and other crap  all day long.

I hear books are interesting. ? In February I became effectively a full-time telecommuter. Normally that'd be awesome, but it means I have no excuse to not work if they start putting people into quarantine or something. (First-world/privilege problems)

Edited by MattPie
  • Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Great excuse to have long marathon sex sessions...

7 minutes ago, MattPie said:

I hear books are interesting. ? In February I became effectively a full-time telecommuter. Normally that'd be awesome, but it means I have no excuse to not work if they start putting people into quarantine or something. (First-world/privilege problems)

As a software engineer, I sadly can't get excited about being told to stay home either because they would just tell me to login through the VPN and work remotely...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

As a software engineer, I sadly can't get excited about being told to stay home either because they would just tell me to login through the VPN and work remotely...

Same, but it's still better than being in the office

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

We are definitely not lacking in sources of entertainment in this day and age.  If the common medical advise is to cut back on contact between people as much as possible, having teams of 20 men traveling around two countries, hitting each other, and sweating all over each other probably isn't a great idea with or without an empty arena.  Entertaining us isn't a good enough reason to force them out there.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

Same, but it's still better than being in the office

With all the free food hanging out on the cabinets that people bring in?  Hell No! ?

Just now, NY2buffalo said:

Just heard this news and I'm angry. I wish their was some politically correct way to make a vaccine and give it high prolific people only so these things continue

Wouldn't it be more important to give it to the people most at risk or do their lives just not count?

What is interesting is to see what happens if the season gets suspended and then resumes at a later date...it will likely alter the outcomes for some teams...and probably change who wins the Cup.

Players who are injured now can get better and come back to play.

Teams on a hot streak or cold streak will basically reset back to equilibrium and it will be the teams that can come together the fastest in a short end of the season push and playoffs that will do the best and it may not be the teams who are the best right now.

38 minutes ago, MattPie said:

The golden age for gaming, for reading, and for making gainz

38 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The Sabres Season is probably over.

The only good thing to come of coronavirus 

If they postpone it, I bet the NHL scraps the last 12 games or so left in the season and just start the playoffs. Stinks if your the Rangers, or Panthers, right on the bubble but that's the way it goes. Of course this is just my opinion. Nobody wants the CUP going till late July or whatever! Heck, I don't even like the CUP being awarded in June. It should end in May.