GDT: Sabres @ Montreal 7pm 3/12/20

bob_sauve28

Don’t let that old turntable fool you. It’s an AR XB circa 1974.  Made in Lexington, Ma. 

I customized it.  It has a wood base made of African Padauk. The top plate has a high gloss paint job from a body shop.  The bottom of the plate is treated with vibration deadening material. The tone arm has been rewired with high end wire, the interconnects upgraded, and the arm pivots were replaced with polished Saphire jewel cups.  It has a custom cherry wood headshell and a high end moving iron cartridge.   Inside, the spring suspension was upgraded to help eliminate effects from external vibration, as was the motor and pulley.  It a belt drive and the only controls are the on/off switch and the arm cueing lever which are original.  

When not impersonating a former head coach and GM, I am a vintage audio equipment restoration freak and music lover. 

• Awesome! (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

Don’t let that old turntable fool you. It’s an AR XB circa 1974.  Made in Lexington, Ma. 

I customized it.  It has a wood base made of African Padauk. The top plate has a high gloss paint job from a body shop.  The bottom of the plate is treated with vibration deadening material. The tone arm has been rewired with high end wire, the interconnects upgraded, and the arm pivots were replaced with polished Saphire jewel cups.  It has a custom cherry wood headshell and a high end moving iron cartridge.   Inside, the spring suspension was upgraded to help eliminate effects from external vibration, as was the motor and pulley.  It a belt drive and the only controls are the on/off switch and the arm cueing lever which are original.  

When not impersonating a former head coach and GM, I am a vintage audio equipment restoration freak and music lover. 

My god.  This  board has every talent imaginable.  It's very apparent that that is a passion of yours.  You must see some amazing sh1t that posters of our age can really appreciate.  Rock on!.

• Like (+1) 2

15 minutes ago, Tondas said:

My god.  This  board has every talent imaginable.  It's very apparent that that is a passion of yours.  You must see some amazing sh1t that posters of our age can really appreciate.  Rock on!.

Made me feel useless despite getting bored one day and building a PC recently.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Got you beat my friend.  8 track stereo.

image.thumb.png.28ac48fc1d9492a54fd701e59157c066.png

It's been such a long time since I listened to this.  I get more than a feeling when I play it and  it gives me peace of mind.  There's just something about it.  They were a great rock n' roll band.  All their songs were smokin'.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

It's been such a long time since I listened to this.  I get more than a feeling when I play it and  it gives me peace of mind.  There's just something about it.  They were a great rock n' roll band.  All their songs were smokin'.

You're not jokin'.

You can listen to Tim Ryan and Ted Lindsay on The NHL on NBC for Game 1 of the 1975 Stanley Cup Semi-Finals in its stead.  It is on YouTube.

Dig the iron-on nameplates.

Edited by E4 ... Ke2
Location.

15 hours ago, kas23 said:

How’s the game going? We gonna come out winless again?

Hutton scored on himself. Reinhart led the team in TOI but nobody noticed he was even in the game. Somebody posted how mad they were about Briere, Drury, and ROR. Their accounts were suspended. Sabretooth rappelled from the rafters flailing around like a fish. Rope wasn’t made in America and the game was delayed to clean the ice.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.