COVID-19

Indabuff

3 hours ago, shrader said:

A couple weeks ago there was some word going around about one of the young girls in the neighborhood having covid.  As it turns out, they were scamming people.  This guy is a real winner.  I've always referred to him as white trash and he's taken it to a new level.  The stories around this family (well, two families if you count the home wrecker incident) are so messed up.

Wow. There’s definitely no shortage of such miscreants in life.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

The very first time a murder hornet ever stung a North American it was practically in my back yard.

I wish I was joking.

Typical Sabres fan; you even miss out on getting to win that.  At least it was probably a 'Nucks fan that did win that wheel spin.  That's gotta make up for Dale Tallon, right?

Sitting in the living room watching it snow at 38°F in WNY on the Saturday before Mothers Day, realize just how lucky 100's if not 1,000's of moms are today, courtesy of the lockdown, in that they don't have to sit in a folding chair freezing their yaktabes off watching little Jimmy or Suzy fail to hit a baseball or throw to the wrong base for 3+ hours.  ?

Where was this virus 10-15 years ago when it would've helped. ?

• Haha (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Taro T said:

Only a single data point, but according to the GA Governor, hospitalizations for this virus and ventilator usage are at their lowest levels in over a month.  So, maybe GA isn't doing as poorly as we've been told they are?

Governor's Tweet

He is full of it given other info coming out of the state... ps just got my antibody test results from NYDOH and I am positive.

On 5/7/2020 at 7:19 PM, darksabre said:

How many people do you think would have died from non-COVID issues if we had allowed COVID to overtake the hospitals at a "do nothing" rate? The death toll isn't just about COVID, it's about the entire system. COVID had the power to kill people who never had it. Consider that, please.

With respect to insults, please understand that I like Woody. I consider him a friend. Perhaps I should have taken my response to PMs, so I will grant that I have erred in that way. 

With respect to you though, I don't like you. And I wish you would remove yourself from any conversations I have on this forum with any other poster. If you can't do that, then I will remove myself from this forum.

We're all different and this time truly shows it, it's insane that were even having these conversations in the way we are.

" The death toll isn't just about COVID, it's about the entire system. COVID had the power to kill people who never had it. Consider that, please. "

I  guess we will find out in a decade maybe when we got all facts, it sure had and still has power to kill people who never have had it indeed, just look at what this did to the world. I'm speaking of all people that lost their jobs and what that can do to a family, our whole hamsterwheel is broken. 

About 50 000 people kill them selfs by suicide each year, in a few years i think we gonna see this number been trippled or more (hope im wrong). There are tons of week people in our world and that is just how it is, these people wont "work" as a human unless given a chance because they cant create their own - if covid-19 takes that away from them they will most likely take their life or become insane. 

Now having some facts about covid-19 and statistics, we can see that so far about 280 000 people have died world wide and that most people that have got the virus have not been ill at all, just like a flue and that's it. More, or less. I am not saying that covid-19 is like a normal flue, i'm litterly saying its not ebola

I have my beliefs, others have theirs, in the end we cant do ***** about it unless were forced to.

One thing that is so important, that is so easy to forget about which i do often, is that conversations trough text form is really fragile. 
When i write something, most people might understand what im saying the way i mean it trough text, but there will always be people that do not understand and might just believe the oposit of what i mean and that really sucks. There still people that doesnt even know what a emoji is.

With that said, 

After this is over i cannot even imagine i even want to come to another meet up after reading through this forum and see people jumping on eachother, i'm 100% sure there are people that never want to see me again either after some things i've said and that is fine, could not care less to be honest. There are mort important things in life than us here.

My point is that its litterly so obvious what happends when a group of people lose their one thing they have in common. It hurts. 

So i'm with woody on this one, im taking a break from this 

Hope you all get to stay safe, in time we will probably look back at this situation and learn from it.

Edited by MODO Hockey

17 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

He is full of it given other info coming out of the state... ps just got my antibody test results from NYDOH and I am positive.

This is good news, right?

Despite the previous negative tests, when you were sick it probably was COVID, and now, assuming an immunity that holds, you are probably good to go moving forward?

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Good. From a practical point of view, does it mean anything?