Jump to content

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, Curt said:

I don’t get you.  What do you think about all of this?  You think it’s just a normal flu variant?  You think the experts are lying/wrong?  I honestly don’t get your thought process.

Also, are you in the US?  Sweden?  Things are pretty bad in NYC area.  Do you know anyone being personally affected by this?

 

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

Well to be fair i could't care less about your opinions either. 

 

25 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Yes, thank you for being “fair.”

If you google "Sweden COVID" you'll get links to articles about how it is viewed differently there than it is in a lot of other places.  Maybe it just hasn't hit there yet--if so, I hope it doesn't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

got tested now quarantine pending results in 2-5 days... 2 swaps wtf up each nostril... yuck gonna get some sleep after I decontaminate.

Good luck! Wishing for all the best.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

 

 

If you google "Sweden COVID" you'll get links to articles about how it is viewed differently there than it is in a lot of other places.  Maybe it just hasn't hit there yet--if so, I hope it doesn't.

Maybe, but that’s also his standard attitude towards anything he disagrees with. It’s not a personal attack, but it certainly isn’t civil discourse. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, MODO Hockey said:

Well to be fair i could't care less about your opinions either. 

Well first, I never said that I didn’t care about your opinions.  Quite the opposite in fact.  I’m legitimately asking you:  What do you believe?  What do you think this is?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Eleven said:

If you google "Sweden COVID" you'll get links to articles about how it is viewed differently there than it is in a lot of other places.  Maybe it just hasn't hit there yet--if so, I hope it doesn't.

Looking at the charts/number of new cases per day, it looks like they are just entering that exponential upward part of the curve.  I hope your right that it doesn’t hit badly there (or anywhere else) but I don’t really think anyplace is immune to this.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Curt said:

Looking at the charts/number of new cases per day, it looks like they are just entering that exponential upward part of the curve.  I hope your right that it doesn’t hit badly there (or anywhere else) but I don’t really think anyplace is immune to this.

If Madegascar closes its borders, it's game over.

  • Haha (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If Madegascar closes its borders, it's game over.

Animated GIF

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Anyone familiar with the kon-tiki? Those guys were awesome, very little naval experience and sailed on a makeshift raft halfway around the world. 

I want to start kon-tiki part 2, who's with me?! It would certainly be a welcome distraction

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, SwampD said:

Either that, or in a rush for a cure, they accidentally create the virus that brings about the zombie apocalypse.

There's the rub.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
27 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Anyone familiar with the kon-tiki? Those guys were awesome, very little naval experience and sailed on a makeshift raft halfway around the world. 

I want to start kon-tiki part 2, who's with me?! It would certainly be a welcome distraction

Is that like the movie Waterworld?  Like Mad Max of the sea?  Permission to come aboard Captain.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Crap just checked my temp after my night shift it was 100.4 going to get tested at my other hosp 10am est and be quarantined with my wife who also spiked a fever this am.  She works at anothrr hospital... Neither of us have been touching each other for last two weeks.  Can feel my lymph nodes in my neck they are swollen a little.  Have a headache little soreness in my throat... oh well expected it to happen sooner or later 😞

Hope you two get better quickly and that the symptoms are manageable.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, #freejame said:

This ***** sucks. I haven’t had an interaction with another human in person in six days. That’s by no means healthy. 

Hang in there.  We're all in the suckitude together!

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, French Collection said:

Hang in there.
This our 14 th day. My wife is going out for groceries, she is craving shopping and seeing other people. We live in the country, so we have only seen a few people at a long distance.

I am an introverted only child, so I have been OK. My son (14) is used to being in school, on multiple teams and hanging with friends. He is having a hard time with the social aspect.

It’s been 17 days straight over here.  Have not left the property line.  Unfortunately saw this coming so stocked up and have atleast another month worth of food left.  But wife and kids are getting tired of canned meals haha.  So we’re going out later next week.  Put in an online order with a grocery store and they deliver it right in the trunk of the car in a contactless environment.  Plan on driving it home and leaving it in the trunk for a couple of days.  Have some ice packs to periodically throw in the trunk.  I know that’s overkill but with my chronic condition I’m not taking any chances.  
 

Also a shout out to anyone working on the front lines of this.  You guys are amazing.  I have several family members in health care over here.  I worry Ontario is going to get hit pretty hard as well. 

Edited by Derrico
  • Like (+1) 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just intubated 2 patients in the same hour, both older, both presumed Covid patients,wont know for sure for a few days. 

Intubation and other aerosol procedures give the highest risk to all involved. This whole thing just sucks 😕

Fingers crossed we can start returning towards more "normal" by mid spring 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I’m a nurse at a nursing home in Erie county. We had 3 positive on a 20 bed unit on Wednesday. Thursday they tested the other 17. Friday all hell broke loose 16 positive of the 20 Rapid testing done on nursing staff from that unit 6 nursing staff positive. They are now awaiting results from other 120 residents at facility. All staff from facility will be tested between 0700-1100 Saturday via drive thru testing. 

Edited by EBG
  • Thanks (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

COVID, the Matt Ellis of sickness. We still doing that?

This is not the Matt Ellis of sickness.  The Matt Ellis of sickness is the common cold.

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So checking temp this am its normal but still have a cough sinusy and lrq abdominal discomfort who knows till test comes back but Im not dead

Edited by North Buffalo

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Eleven said:

This is not the Matt Ellis of sickness.  The Matt Ellis of sickness is the common cold.

Nah its syphilis, you don't notice it for long periods of time until you do, and then, it's just bad. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So checking temp this am its normal but still have a cough sinusy and lrq abdominal discomfort who knows till test comes back but Im not dead

I’m think of you North Buffalo.  You guys are hero’s for the work you do.  Keep us updated if you have time.  

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EBG said:

I’m a nurse at a nursing home in Erie county. We had 3 positive on a 20 bed unit on Wednesday. Thursday they tested the other 17. Friday all hell broke loose 16 positive of the 20 Rapid testing done on nursing staff from that unit 6 nursing staff positive. They are now awaiting results from other 120 residents at facility. All staff from facility will be tested between 0700-1100 Saturday via drive thru testing. 

Thank you for your service.  Best of luck to all of you.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, EBG said:

I’m a nurse at a nursing home in Erie county. We had 3 positive on a 20 bed unit on Wednesday. Thursday they tested the other 17. Friday all hell broke loose 16 positive of the 20 Rapid testing done on nursing staff from that unit 6 nursing staff positive. They are now awaiting results from other 120 residents at facility. All staff from facility will be tested between 0700-1100 Saturday via drive thru testing. 

 

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So checking temp this am its normal but still have a cough sinusy and lrq abdominal discomfort who knows till test comes back but Im not dead

 

9 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just intubated 2 patients in the same hour, both older, both presumed Covid patients,wont know for sure for a few days. 

Intubation and other aerosol procedures give the highest risk to all involved. This whole thing just sucks 😕

Fingers crossed we can start returning towards more "normal" by mid spring 

 

 

God bless you guys.  Thank you.

Welcome EBG!  I hope you keep well and keep posting.

  • Like (+1) 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Just intubated 2 patients in the same hour, both older, both presumed Covid patients,wont know for sure for a few days. 

Intubation and other aerosol procedures give the highest risk to all involved. This whole thing just sucks 😕

Fingers crossed we can start returning towards more "normal" by mid spring 

 

What are you doing for personal protection during inbutations? 
 

The Docs at BGH are paralyzing the patients, laying plastic over their heads and then tubing to decrease the risk of airborne transmission as only their hands are under the plastic 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Brawndo said:

What are you doing for personal protection during inbutations? 
 

The Docs at BGH are paralyzing the patients, laying plastic over their heads and then tubing to decrease the risk of airborne transmission as only their hands are under the plastic 

My wife said an automotive group build a plastic box for them with holes for drs to insert hands to do this, assume plexi-glass

BTW, found this hysterical: 

 

 

  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...

×
×
  • Create New...