COVID-19

Indabuff

16 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Given their wet markets I find that hard to believe

True but I find it hard to believe that it would jump from 2 animals to a human.     And they clearly stated this corona virus has a 5th branch only found in America.

Just now, Huckleberry said:

True but I find it hard to believe that it would jump from 2 animals to a human.     And they clearly stated this corona virus has a 5th branch only found in America.

Got a link other than "my friend's phone"?

Meanwhile, PA Gov closed schools for the next two weeks starting Monday.

2 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Pretty sure that's how most diseases happen, they jump from an animal to a human 

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

I thought you reported "confirmed" cases in Erie County.

My wife told me at the time she was exposed to a patient that was brought in, I assumed it was at the hospital she worked at based on her being a nurse. It wasn't until the next day she told me it was 2 co-workers within her unit who were at the time in Rochester. Sorry for the confusion, I wasn't posting what was being news reported, as my post said, I was posting what my wife had initially told me.

8 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Yes, sticks to any surface for a day.   metal and plastic 3 days even.

7 minutes ago, Hank said:

Thanks. We're collectively *****. 

I thought it was only three hours.

Pretty sure we’re not *****.

11 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

well seeing the way it spreads in infected areas, the 3 day thing seems very plausible.

You might be right. Either way, I miss the days when they would simply say, “it’s been a really bad cold and flu season,...”

Instead, I got no hockey to watch and people are hoarding toilet paper because Joe Rohan interviewed a media w hore.

Edited by SwampD
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

You might be right. Either way, I miss the days when they would simply say, “it’s been a really bad cold and flu season,...”

Instead, I got no hockey to watch and people are hoarding toilet paper because Joe Rohan interviewed a media w hore.

Rohan? Was that a typo or a play on words I don't understand?

1 hour ago, Hank said:

Someone help me out. Can the virus be passed through the exchange of paper, like a cashier making change or a server giving you your bill?

I don't know. I wondered about my mail today. I was also in a facility where someone taped a piece of paper over the elevator button; wasn't sure whether it was silly or brilliant.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I don't know. I wondered about my mail today. I was also in a facility where someone taped a piece of paper over the elevator button; wasn't sure whether it was silly or brilliant.

Mail!! I hadn't considered that. If the virus can sit on paper for up to three days and your mail carrier is infected it would be awful difficult to protect yourself from that. 

1 minute ago, Hank said:

Mail!! I hadn't considered that. If the virus can sit on paper for up to three days and your mail carrier is infected it would be awful difficult to protect yourself from that. 

I started to really unhealthily focus on fomites today and realized that saturating the keyboard, mouse, phone, countertop, desk etc at work with OCD level of disinfectant wipes isn't going to protect me from the virus chilling on the chair arms.  It's either time for a biohazard suit or something that can emit UV rays in a radius around my body.  I might try that garlic belt first that I read about a few pages back...

Anyhoo, stay safe at those grocery stores and avoid those aisles with wine bottles.

11 hours ago, Hank said:

Someone help me out. Can the virus be passed through the exchange of paper, like a cashier making change or a server giving you your bill?

Yes, but this is where the hand washing comes in. The virus isnt going to infect you through your skin, youd need to touch a surface contaminated with virus and then subsequently touch your eyes, nose or mouth before you had a chance to properly wash/sanitize your hands.

• Like (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Claude_Verret said:

Yes, but this is where the hand washing comes in. The virus isnt going to infect you through your skin, youd need to touch a surface contaminated with virus and then subsequently touch your eyes, nose or mouth before you had a chance to properly wash/sanitize your hands.

Good to know. Thank you. 

1 hour ago, Claude_Verret said:

Getting into the jingleweeds here, but what if I touch my cheek? Is the virus going to make its way into my eye, nose or mouth? They're saying don't touch your face. Also, should people be washing their faces?