COVID-19

Indabuff

2 hours ago, sodbuster said:

I wonder if this has more to do with anything that happened Sunday or with outside forces like rising rates or lagging vax rates. There's no way they would have any real data from Sunday, right?

1 hour ago, Hoss said:

There was zero mask wearing going on in the indoor parts of the stadium. Fans failed the test.

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Vendors and staff, too, from what I have read.

Yep. We attended, and there was zero mask wearing in the stands. Zero. And I know damn well that ~1/3 of the crowd was unvax'd. There was some mask wearing in the concourses ... but that was at less than 10% (and was supposed to be 100%).

12 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Yep. We attended, and there was zero mask wearing in the stands. Zero. And I know damn well that ~1/3 of the crowd was unvax'd. There was some mask wearing in the concourses ... but that was at less than 10% (and was supposed to be 100%).

Was mask wearing in the stands mandated? I recall the requirements being only in the concourses and bathrooms. 

image.thumb.png.4742c80fe03c578ca7343a93614f62be.png

Edited by Lanny

3 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

It’s unfortunate that the new COVID policy thread got migrated like this. 

It's because there's an out of control MOD insecure about his own politics who wants to push the conversation away from the masses who, generally, don't side with him.

6 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

Mandating on 12 year olds seems excessive and not backed in science. Not surprised at all otherwise. 

It is backed by science. The logic is: 12 year olds PROBABLY won't die from COVID-19 but some have. The vaccine makes it far less likely that they will die. It also makes it less likely they will get it or spread it. Thus it makes scientific sense for them to be required to have the vaccine just as much as other eligible attendees.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Hoss said:

It's because there's an out of control MOD insecure about his own politics who wants to push the conversation away from the masses who, generally, don't side with him.

It is backed by science. The logic is: 12 year olds PROBABLY won't die from COVID-19 but some have. The vaccine makes it far less likely that they will die. It also makes it less likely they will get it or spread it. Thus it makes scientific sense for them to be required to have the vaccine just as much as other eligible attendees.

99.999 chance of survival doesn’t get improved. It only lasts less than a year. It’s a money grab not science. Nobody is stopping the severely obese, but mandating is a money grab. 

26 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

99.999 chance of survival doesn’t get improved. It only lasts less than a year. It’s a money grab not science. Nobody is stopping the severely obese, but mandating is a money grab. 

There’s a line. It’s not just about a kid being unlikely to die from COVID. A kid gets COVID. They’re fine. They survive. Their teacher gets COVID. Maybe their teacher dies, maybe they’re fine. Their teacher’s mom gets COVID. Their teacher’s mom has a decent chance of dying, maybe they get lucky and survive. The web keeps growing. We keep playing chance. Some die. Some don’t. You can significantly increase the odds of this game being played with a stronger hand if everyone playing gets the shot.

Here’s some numbers relevant to the general population, not specifically kids. 

Shut the ***** up. Get the ***** shot. Tell your loved ones to get the shot. Wear a ***** mask. Eat your ***** Wheaties.

Edited by Hoss
  • Awesome! (+1) 2

I'm all for the vaccine however I have been of the mindset that it's at the discretion of an individual to get the shot or not.  That being said, recently it's been almost daily that I've had to hear people grandstanding about their anti-vaccination stance and I too am sick of it.  I don't want to debate the fact that when I was a kid you didn't attend school if you weren't vaccinated.  It wasn't negotiable.  Or that I'd rather die from some unknown factor of the vaccine later than die from the virus now.  I have remained silent.  I can't comment on anyone here because I have not visited this thread in quite some time.  My mother died from this virus (I have a hard time saying or typing the actual name) six months ago.  She was in the ICU for a month.  We just held her service Friday.

To all the people gloating about their "***** you I won't do what you tell me" mentality:  shut the ***** up. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Sad 1

2 hours ago, triumph_communes said:

***** you're dumb. I don't even have the energy anymore to explain why. After a year and half, I don't feel the need. Keep sucking on the tailpipe of a the idiots of social media's anti-vaccine propaganda campaign. 

On 8/30/2021 at 11:44 PM, Doohickie said:

Again... for the people who are on the fence and just can't decide about vaccination:

image.thumb.png.fcc01a9fc6280d6603dae7ead40a1c49.png

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

11 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'm all for the vaccine however I have been of the mindset that it's at the discretion of an individual to get the shot or not.  That being said, recently it's been almost daily that I've had to hear people grandstanding about their anti-vaccination stance and I too am sick of it.  I don't want to debate the fact that when I was a kid you didn't attend school if you weren't vaccinated.  It wasn't negotiable.  Or that I'd rather die from some unknown factor of the vaccine later than die from the virus now.  I have remained silent.  I can't comment on anyone here because I have not visited this thread in quite some time.  My mother died from this virus (I have a hard time saying or typing the actual name) six months ago.  She was in the ICU for a month.  We just held her service Friday.

To all the people gloating about their "***** you I won't do what you tell me" mentality:  shut the ***** up. 

My condolences, truly.

Being obese is (other than financial via insurance rates) a personal decision. Smoking cigarettes, drinking bleach, or dangerous sports, all individual; knock yourself out. Vax can also be an individual decision, but you have to take responsibility for it. Stay away from everyone else, and if you *have*, and I mean *have* to go out, distance and mask. There are too many that are too selfish to do that, and that's why we're where we are. It comes from the top, with the hypocrites at the top encouraging people to believe nonsense.

• Thanks (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, MattPie said:

Vax can also be an individual decision, but you have to take responsibility for it. Stay away from everyone else, and if you *have*, and I mean *have* to go out, distance and mask.

That's the problem- the politically motivated anti-vaxers are also anti-maskers.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, LGR4GM said:

***** you're dumb. I don't even have the energy anymore to explain why. After a year and half, I don't feel the need. Keep sucking on the tailpipe of a the idiots of social media's anti-vaccine propaganda campaign. 

High Quality Im Shocked GIF

Congrats you aren’t technically not emotionally qualified to talk science. I get paid to evaluate studies and make recommendations every day. The distinction between child and adult is something the FDA does as standard practice out of precaution yet here you are name calling me for it?  Thanks

The adverse hormonal effects on children concerns outweighs the near negligible minimization of spreading of the virus children would have. 

I am vaccinated and believe any adult or obese or otherwise compromised individual should be, which is 70% of the population don’t take me wrong. That’s just plain stats. 

if you cannot make the distinction between these two cases then why do you weigh in or get emotionally invested?

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

Congrats you aren’t technically not emotionally qualified to talk science. I get paid to evaluate studies and make recommendations every day. The distinction between child and adult is something the FDA does as standard practice out of precaution yet here you are name calling me for it?  Thanks

The adverse hormonal effects on children concerns outweighs the near negligible minimization of spreading of the virus children would have. 

I am vaccinated and believe any adult or obese or otherwise compromised individual should be, which is 70% of the population don’t take me wrong. That’s just plain stats. 

if you cannot make the distinction between these two cases then why do you weigh in or get emotionally invested?

So what do or what potential hormonal influences have you seen in other vax stat wise and with any of these?  Because anecdotally I havent seen any but I no longer do stats so Im not in the loop

On 9/15/2021 at 6:59 AM, triumph_communes said:

If someone is obese, they arent spreading it to old folks and having it kill them. Talking about stopping obesity when talking about stopping covid are 2 completely separate things and have no logical comparison. 

I honestly don't understand why people try to use it as an argument 

1 hour ago, miles said:

I honestly don't understand why people try to use it as an argument 

I understand it completely.  It is an attempt to put conversation about the virus on the plane of conversation about a condition that is ridiculed as the result of poor choices.  It is a minimization tactic, not a logical one.

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-panel-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-booster

oh look, scientists overwhelmingly say the potential heart problems in kids outweigh the benefit of booster shots. 

look how many narratives here are shattered. Are you all going to call these scientists unempathetic too because they distinguished differences between kids and the elderly with the need for vaccine shot mania?

Edited by triumph_communes

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

https://www.foxnews.com/health/fda-panel-pfizer-covid-19-vaccine-booster

oh look, scientists overwhelmingly say the potential heart problems in kids outweigh the benefit of booster shots. 

look how many narratives here are shattered. Are you all going to call these scientists unempathetic too because they distinguished differences between kids and the elderly with the need for vaccine shot mania?

gtfo. That is some real good fox news spin on what fox news published. I notice it didn't say anything about getting the actual vaccine. It was simply about booster shots and insuffienct data for 16 and older

12 minutes ago, triumph_communes said:

Doctors putting doubt into the safety of the vaccine with kids (which has been my only point all along) and ya resort to personal attacks?  Gee wiz

again. That is not what it said. You are either trolling or intentionally attempting to spread misinformation. Any "personal attack" I have done was in line with the tone you expressed. You want a nicer reply? Modify your tone and I will respond in kind.