COVID-19

Indabuff

My brother in Florida, who's been anti-mask and anti-vax, has Covid. He's feeling tired and lightheaded, and he says his blood pressure is "going crazy." Runny nose. No fever though, apparently. His son says the symptoms are just like a cold, and although he wouldn't want to get Covid, there are worse diseases out there, "like influenza." He won't get vaccinated or wear a mask, either. He hasn't gotten it so far, and he thinks his immune system is powerful. He knows someone who got Covid after being vaccinated, so what's the point, and his wife knows someone who had heart surgery recently and developed blood clots after being vaccinated. "All the side effects" is the official reason he gives for not getting jabbed. He's an occupational therapist in a hospital, and his wife works there, too.

• Like (+1) 1

It is starting to appear that fully vaccinated people can still carry the virus for a while and infect unvaccinated people. Hence the return of masks. 

I'd be inclined to say whatever, let the anti vax crowd catch it, their free choice, but the hospitals can't handle it and we need the beds for other illnesses. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

But this disinformation campaign relies on people not doing their own research 

I don't want to do my own research.  I am not a scientist.  What I want is for people to stop twisting and/or denying the information provided by the people who are actually qualified to do, and are doing, the research.

I don't know when we became a society that rejected science and knowledge, but it's really stupid.  The doctors and researchers know what they are doing.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't want to do my own research.  I am not a scientist.  What I want is for people to stop twisting and/or denying the information provided by the people who are actually qualified to do, and are doing, the research.

I don't know when we became a society that rejected science and knowledge, but it's really stupid.  The doctors and researchers know what they are doing.

I get what you're saying; and yet, it seems like you're catching flak over it.

It is hard to keep up with everything going on. This is a whole different ball game, and the medical professionals are doing their best with the intent to provide long-lasting positive results. Having said that, if we can't be flexible like Gumby and roll with the punches, then we'll be like boxers who never wake up from a post-fight coma.

23 minutes ago, FogBat said:

I get what you're saying; and yet, it seems like you're catching flak over it.

It is hard to keep up with everything going on. This is a whole different ball game, and the medical professionals are doing their best with the intent to provide long-lasting positive results. Having said that, if we can't be flexible like Gumby and roll with the punches, then we'll be like boxers who never wake up from a post-fight coma.

I don't think I'm catching flak for it.   

• Like (+1) 1

I'll say this, I've personally seen a big increase this week in cases, which is rather disheartening considering it was good for a bit. A common theme is that all the people that made it into the hospital were not vaccinated. 

We are officially going backwards. 

On 7/27/2021 at 7:09 PM, bg17 said:

Maybe  

https://sacramento.cbslocal.com/2021/07/26/covid-vaccination-california-counties/

From the article - A new analysis finds several counties with above-average vaccination rates also have higher COVID case rates, while case rates are falling in counties with below-average vaccination rates.

This actually makes sense now. If vaccinated people can spread it, then a higher vaccination rate means more people not wearing masks, which mean more unvaccinated people getting it from them.

• Like (+1) 1

As per the CDC, of the more than 18,000 Americans who died of covid in May, only 150 were vaxed. That’s 0.8 percent.

In VA, Jan. 21 - July 9, 2,471 died of covid; 18 vaxed, 0.7 percent.

In CA, Jan. 1 - June 30, 37,180 died of covid; 71 vaxed— 0.2 percent.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, pi2000 said:

As per the CDC, of the more than 18,000 Americans who died of covid in May, only 150 were vaxed. That’s 0.8 percent.

That's quite telling.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

if only there was some magical liquid that would stop this virus...oh yeah

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Bills could have done this but would have had to listen to Beasley lie about not being anti-vaxx more after they did. 

This wouldn't have been a bad idea--although I get the feeling that most in WNY who are going to get the vaccine already have done so.

Maybe at one of the two other open practices.

I almost got a ticket to go today.

On 7/28/2021 at 5:03 PM, That Aud Smell said:

As was expected.

Not with Reich specifically - I mean generally.

The vaccinations will greatly reduce severe illness in those who do have break through cases. They will also suppress transmission, which is really the bigger goal here. We can’t afford the development of a  variant that is vaccine-resistant.

We are getting close to that though 😞  and then our only option will be to shut everything down worldwide for a month....

• Like (+1) 1

On 7/28/2021 at 8:03 AM, That Aud Smell said:

As was expected.

Not with Reich specifically - I mean generally.

The vaccinations will greatly reduce severe illness in those who do have break through cases. They will also suppress transmission, which is really the bigger goal here. We can’t afford the development of a  variant that is vaccine-resistant.

Unfortunately the vaccines are increasing transmission. The most highly vaccinated countries have the greatest transmission levels. Just heard a Pfizer scientist himself speak about drastic reductions in t cell immunity amongst those vaccinated. And those were the top level front line cells. 

3 minutes ago, calti said:

Unfortunately the vaccines are increasing transmission. The most highly vaccinated countries have the greatest transmission levels. Just heard a Pfizer scientist himself speak about drastic reductions in t cell immunity amongst those vaccinated. And those were the top level front line cells. 

This is straight-up misinformation.

Vaccinations aren’t foolproof (hence, these shots aren’t immunizations) - but the data show that they help suppress transmission.

One of many recent reputable reports to this effect:

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-021-02054-z

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

On 7/28/2021 at 7:54 AM, MISabresFan said:

Emergency use only.  The license is not approved.  Moderna has never developed a vaccine.  An interesting fact to note is no animal study went beyond 56 days  because the immediate goal was to prove mRNA vaccines could mount a good immune response with little acute adverse effects.  Hence, we have no data even in animal studies as to long term adverse effects of mRNA vaccines.   mRNA vaccines are still considered experimental and people receiving these vaccines are part of the experiment. 

There is plenty of data re the multiple studies over the past 20 yrs .They have all been disastrous(esp to the the test critters). No wonder they skipped the animal testing and went straight to the people this time. So far the human testing doesnt look good. Just one of the reporting agencies  (there are maybe ten of them) called vaers(vaccine adverse event reporting system) shows over 10k vaccine deaths in 2021 even with claims that many death reports are 'disappearing'. vaers.hhs.gov -easy website to verify the death numbers as well as different categories of other adverse effects.

I am stunned and perplexed at the fact that so many volunteered to take an experimental drug. And i wonder how the MDs advising their patients to take this can look at themselves in the mirror. 

• Haha (+1) 3

7 hours ago, calti said:

There is plenty of data re the multiple studies over the past 20 yrs .They have all been disastrous(esp to the the test critters). No wonder they skipped the animal testing and went straight to the people this time. So far the human testing doesnt look good. Just one of the reporting agencies  (there are maybe ten of them) called vaers(vaccine adverse event reporting system) shows over 10k vaccine deaths in 2021 even with claims that many death reports are 'disappearing'. vaers.hhs.gov -easy website to verify the death numbers as well as different categories of other adverse effects.

Not to drag this out in a non-COVID thread, but (1) there are just over 6,000 U.S. death reports after (not necessarily because of) vaccination in VAERS, (2) the "disappearing" additional 6,000 were simply the "FR" (foreign) state coded entries from outside the U.S. that the CDC originally counted despite tracking only domestic vaccinations, (3) as an 'emergency authorization' vaccine, there are much broader requirements for reporting deaths subsequent to vaccination than with a fully-approved vaccination, even when it's been some time and the reporting healthcare worker doesn't believe that the vaccine was the cause, (4) non-healthcare worker can also report on VAERS.

I've downloaded and viewed the raw data in the VAERS system.  You can also view the original entries on OpenVAERS, including filtering by "FR" to see the 6,000 deaths that aren't listed in the CDC data set.  Going through the deaths, you'll see things like a 100+ year old who "has been going downhill for years, died within 90 days of vaccination."  50% of the reported deaths are over 75 years old (far greater than the proportion of vaccinated people who are); over 90% are 50+.  Finally, given the number of people fully vaccinated (over 160M in the U.S.) close to 30,000 of the people vaccinated would die per week even without COVID or the vaccine based on the normal U.S. death rate.  6,000 reports after vaccination without establishing causation is actually surprisingly low.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 1

7 hours ago, calti said:

I am stunned and perplexed at the fact that so many volunteered to take an experimental drug. And i wonder how the MDs advising their patients to take this can look at themselves in the mirror. 

more dis/misinformation

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Like (+1) 4