COVID-19

Indabuff

2 minutes ago, Weave said:

We’re in the Finger Lakes for the next 4 days.  Wow have things changed at the wineries since Covid has hit.

We've been going throughout the pandemic. They're certainly different now.

Which ones are you going to by the way? Always like Bilsboro and Fox Run ourselves.

Edited by WildCard
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Which ones are you going to by the way? Always like Bilsboro and Fox Run ourselves.

I'm a big Hunt Country and Glenora fan (Glenora because of the ambience) 

6 minutes ago, Weave said:

We’re in the Finger Lakes for the next 4 days.  Wow have things changed at the wineries since Covid has hit.

Hit up Seneca Farms in Penn Yan. Fried chicken and ice cream. 

1 minute ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm a big Hunt Country and Glenora fan (Glenora because of the ambience) 

Hit up Seneca Farms in Penn Yan. Fried chicken and ice cream. 

We’re long time veterans of this.  Seneca Farms has been a lunch spot tor 20 yrs

9 minutes ago, WildCard said:

We’re staying in a farm house just east of Keuka Lake so will concentrate there.

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Have you ever been to Abandoned Brewing? I know you said wine tour but the view from there is great. 

Its our next stop.  Abandon is a good reason why we come here.  Not uncommon for us to spend the better part of a day there.

Edited by Weave
  • Like (+1) 2

Krooked Tusker distillery and Keuka Brewing Company are excellent as well if you want a change from wine to liquor or beer for a day.  And they're really close to each other.

My mom lives near Hammondsport so I explore around that area a couple times a year.

1 minute ago, Thwomp! said:

Krooked Tusker distillery and Keuka Brewing Company are excellent as well if you want a change from wine to liquor or beer for a day.  And they're really close to each other.

My mom lives near Hammondsport so I explore around that area a couple times a year.

All on the list.  I have to do a whiskey tasting.

Im not sure i believe this article about America hitting a wall with vaccines. basically saying that everyone who wants a vaccine already got one and they are essy to get now

I know in nj, the rules have been pretty easy going, but in pa they were much more strict and, i dont know a lot of people,  but the people i do know all are excited to get one. 

I know im just a small piece in a giant puzzle but i feel this article is probably 4 months too early

https://www.yahoo.com/news/america-is-about-to-hit-a-vaccine-wall-as-demand-drops-with-or-without-johnson-johnson-162241805.html

Edited by Mike Honcho
  • Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, SwampD said:

How so?

Reservations required and most places are already booked.  They are doing small table reservations with higher prices and bigger pours but fewer selections.  And less personal interaction.

Pre Covid we used to come on Wed-Thu as out first days and have long conversations with the winemakers and brewers.  More distance and formality so far.

• Like (+1) 1

Significant others business manager positive, peer at work mom positive, all in the last 3 days, I'm feeling squeamish as it tracks closer to me. Think I'll tell my employer Monday is shot day.

On top of that, mom's lymphnods are swelling from neck to mid section, biopsy at Roswell on Monday for her, and I go in to my doctor Monday morning, feel an uncomfortable irritant in my left lower stomach muscle area. No bulge, but I feel it.

Hell of a week for health related.

• Sad 1

20 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

You live in NY? Are you reading this? Do you need a vaccination?

if you answered yes to the 3 questions above: Go get vaccinated. 

America has enough vaccines, it's just about convincing people to do so at this point. It's become political now, good luck.

• Like (+1) 1