COVID-19

Indabuff

19 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Nice the lady gets that Friday.

Got my first Pfizer today 

My advice is to drink an insane amount of water. Everyone I know who has had reduced/no side effects hydrated like crazy. I also took a few tylenol preemptively. But yeah, water. Lots of it. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, darksabre said:

My advice is to drink an insane amount of water. Everyone I know who has had reduced/no side effects hydrated like crazy. I also took a few tylenol preemptively. But yeah, water. Lots of it. 

They say don't take Tylenol until after. 

I hydrated a lot and it helped. 

In the vein of scheduling.. here in Rochester.

URMC has appointments..tons of them.  I just signed up this morning for later this afternoon and you could sign up right now and walk in at 9:15am if you wanted.

Monroe County has spots open for theirs, Rochester Riverside CC has a TON of open spots, the other locations are a little more filled up.

The state run site at Dome Arena (Pfizer) is the most booked but if you refresh that you can cancellations a few weeks out (some even same day).

I didn't even bother going through Wegmans.  I did it with URMC since I am a patient and it saved me having to enter all the insurance information, etc.  They are Moderna in case anyone cares.

To me it seems like if you want an appointment around here you can pretty much get one at will, right now.

54 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

How can you be sure it helped? Correlation/causation.

It's anecdotal for the most part. They tell you before the shot to drink a lot of water but "a lot" is open to some interpretation.

I drink a lot of water every day anyway, so all I did was drink even more. Which is probably leaps and bounds beyond what most people consume. 

Zero side effects after 48 hours so...

Got my J&J yesterday afternoon. I was flushed in the face when I got home but felt good otherwise. But... right before bed I could tell something was up. Overnight, I awoke with teeth-chattering chills. Good times.

15 hours ago, darksabre said:

Yup -- the water is the key. I've been good but not great about hydration, but after a pitcher of water with lunch I'm starting to feel more myself. The fun part is it's anything with inflammation is getting hit. I broke a toe probably six weeks ago and had completely forgotten about it. Today, I can feel exactly where it happened.

I didn't participate in the morning skate, but I'll be good to go for puck drop tonight.

15 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

They say don't take Tylenol until after. 

I hydrated a lot and it helped. 

Yup -- I was also told to let the body start the fight and not assist with your acetaminophen/sodium naproxen/ibuprofen, whatever works for you, until symptoms set in.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Doohickie said:

By the way... if you're thinking bout just getting the first shot and skipping the second:  My cousin was in between the first and second shot and she caught Covid and passed away.

This is terrible -- I'm sorry for you and your family's loss.

• Thanks (+1) 1

just 2 days ago i read an article that the cdc said the vaccines offer enough protection for the variants. now today, i read that this article says its a risk. clickbait garbage/fearmongering? probably. i dont know why i bother

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/8aa05982-c165-355a-88f5-a3e8ac43fc91/cdc-says-now-dominant-variant.html

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

just 2 days ago i read an article that the cdc said the vaccines offer enough protection for the variants. now today, i read that this article says its a risk. clickbait garbage/fearmongering? probably. i dont know why i bother

https://www.yahoo.com/finance/m/8aa05982-c165-355a-88f5-a3e8ac43fc91/cdc-says-now-dominant-variant.html

I don’t understand what you are saying here or what your concern is.  This article does not say that the current vaccines do not offer protection against any variant.

Got my second shot yesterday at 8am. Felt fine until around midnight when I woke up with vomiting, nausea, cold sweats and a fever. Starting to feel better now but still not doing great. The vaccines side-effects have been significantly worse than when I had Covid.  

1 minute ago, #freejame said:

Got my second shot yesterday at 8am. Felt fine until around midnight when I woke up with vomiting, nausea, cold sweats and a fever. Starting to feel better now but still not doing great. The vaccines side-effects have been significantly worse than when I had Covid.  

That sucks.  Feel better soon.

1 hour ago, Mike Honcho said:

That isn’t what you read in the article you linked.

26 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I wonder how much of side effects can be attributed to psychosomatic factors. You've heard the stories where someone on a plane gets sick and then a lot of other passengers fall ill for no apparent reason.

Yeah, there was a documentary about that.  I think the Zucker brothers made it.

• Thanks (+1) 1

Got my first Puh-Fizer Shot today. I’m more uplifted by getting it than I would have thought. Can’t wait to get the second. Wednesday was the year anniversary of my sister’s passing and I really want to hug my mom.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Got my first Puh-Fizer Shot today. I’m more uplifted by getting it than I would have thought. Can’t wait to get the second. Wednesday was the year anniversary of my sister’s passing and I really want to hug my mom.

I got Moderna yesterday and felt the same way.  I have not been as impacted by COVID as others and certainly not like you so I can only imagine how you are feeling. I'll just assume at least 10x more uplifted than I.

I look forward to the day you post about hugging your Mom.

• Like (+1) 5

14 hours ago, #freejame said:

Pfizer or Moderna?

8 hours ago, SwampD said:

I’m more uplifted by getting it than I would have thought.

I felt that same emotion when I got my first Moderna.  The second one I didn't have that same sense, perhaps because you have to wait two weeks before the vaccine is fully effective.  Saturday (today) is VE Day for me:  Vaccine Effective Day.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Doohickie said:

Pfizer or Moderna?

I felt that same emotion when I got my first Moderna.  The second one I didn't have that same sense, perhaps because you have to wait two weeks before the vaccine is fully effective.  Saturday (today) is VE Day for me:  Vaccine Effective Day.

Pfizer. I’m feeling perfectly fine this morning though, just a 24 hour bug.