COVID-19

Indabuff

41 minutes ago, Weave said:

That is sad.

Covid scared the hell out of us when my wife got it last month.  Flu my ass.

I know.  Now my mid 20’s daughter has it fairly bad.  Been down and out at home for the last week or so.  This should be a warning to all youngin’s who think they are immune from Covid.  I feel really bad for her...otherwise I’d give her an “ I told you so” in terms of gathering with friends over the last few months.   😞

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

One (or several) of the variants might be hitting younger people harder than before. (Of course, the definition of "young" is pretty bizarre sometimes: under 50. Really?!)

At one point this week, 5 of My Covid Patients were younger than me.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/1/2021 at 3:59 PM, Thwomp! said:

Arm will hurt overnight and tomorrow.  Much more than a regular shot.  At least that's been my 24 hour experience.

Yeah, sore around the injection site.  A bit worse than when I got the flu vaccine last year, but not that much.

26 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

Yeah, sore around the injection site.  A bit worse than when I got the flu vaccine last year, but not that much.

my first shot hurt for 4 days. my second shot only hurt for 2

After the % positive numbers dropped through the 2nd half of February, and most of March, the numbers in Erie County have been between 4-8% daily positive rates for the last week or so.  Much more of an increase over that time then other areas of the state...at least the little bit I've poked around.  Very disappointing...especially with the number of people who have had 1 or 2 shots so far.  😞

43 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

After the % positive numbers dropped through the 2nd half of February, and most of March, the numbers in Erie County have been between 4-8% daily positive rates for the last week or so.  Much more of an increase over that time then other areas of the state...at least the little bit I've poked around.  Very disappointing...especially with the number of people who have had 1 or 2 shots so far.  😞

The age ranges that are testing positive at the highest rates, are only now beginning to be eligible for the vaccine in NYS. 

The new variant which is spreading through WNY is more highly contagious and is proving that full immunity(14 days after the final required dose) is essential for the vaccine to be effective. 

I have had quite a few patients that were in between doses and a 90 yo who was 3 days out from Her Second Dose that were admitted to the hospital. 

• Like (+1) 1

Yes we are seeing a lot of 20-30 year old now getting admitted..

1 minute ago, Zamboni said:

What about those that get the 1st Pfizer shot. But don’t go back for the second one?

Ive read conflicting info on that scenario.

Get both

Edited by North Buffalo

4 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Yes we are seeing a lot of 20-30 year old now getting admitted..

Get both

You misunderstood. It’s not me. Hey if you don’t have the answer, it’s cool.  I was just asking in general terms. Again, I’ve read conflicting data. Probably the wrong place to ask that. In a hockey forum with a COVID thread 😂.

13 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

The age ranges that are testing positive at the highest rates, are only now beginning to be eligible for the vaccine in NYS. 

The new variant which is spreading through WNY is more highly contagious and is proving that full immunity(14 days after the final required dose) is essential for the vaccine to be effective. 

I have had quite a few patients that were in between doses and a 90 yo who was 3 days out from Her Second Dose that were admitted to the hospital. 

So the current vaccine does not provide protection against this new variant?

3 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

In recent testing by Pfizer it does, but full immunity is not conferred until 14 days after the second shot with Pfizer and Moderna. And 14 Days after the Johnson and Johnson Shot. 

30 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

You misunderstood. It’s not me. Hey if you don’t have the answer, it’s cool.  I was just asking in general terms. Again, I’ve read conflicting data. Probably the wrong place to ask that. In a hockey forum with a COVID thread 😂.

So what I understand and no worries, One vax equals about 50% immunity and 2nd is a booster to get you to 95% Unless you already had covid and then you probably dont need second one

32 minutes ago, LabattBlue said:

Not total immunity but it does reduce symptoms according to what ive read

10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

Getting the second shot isn't going to reduce your immunity.  Get the second shot.

8 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Had covid 2 months ago. 

Is there any point in getting vaccinated right now? 

Maybe wait until the fall when the antibodies weaken?

I believe the advice is to wait 3 months before getting the vaccine.

• Like (+1) 1

On 4/4/2021 at 12:59 PM, Brawndo said:

In recent testing by Pfizer it does, but full immunity is not conferred until 14 days after the second shot with Pfizer and Moderna. And 14 Days after the Johnson and Johnson Shot. 

Unless you already have had COVID before(either knowingly or unknowingly) and then it gives you a huge immune response after the first dose which can be higher than the response from the 2nd dose in people that didn't already have it.

13 minutes ago, pi2000 said:

Had covid 2 months ago. 

You will have a strong reaction after the first dose FYI

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Had covid 2 months ago. 

I had Covid in the middle/end of January. The VA told me to absolutely get my first shot 3/8 (Pfizer) as enough time had passed. I had a sore arm for a couple days but was fine. I’ve heard the second shot is worse if you’ve had Covid, but I’ve also heard the second shot is worse if you haven’t had Covid either so who knows. My second shot is tomorrow and I’m anticipating feeling run down on Friday. 

8 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Had covid 2 months ago. 

I'd get it now.  In the fall I bet there will be a modified booster for new variants.