COVID-19

Indabuff

18 minutes ago, Weave said:

I spoke too soon.

Wife continued to have symptoms even after the negative test result.  They were getting worse so she was retested today.  She's tested positive.  We're in quarantine now.  I get tested tomorrow.

I'm symptom free and she's sicker than a dog.  Says she's never experienced headahes like this before.  And the dry cough she's got is awful to listen to.  I can only imagine that it feels much worse for her.  And today is her first day with a fever.

I figure it's only a matter of time for me.

Its random, maybe not... make sure you get some immune boost for her... airborne and aspirin even after symptoms go away take childrens aspirin for a few months.  Lots of tea too.  And make sure she gets up and moves around every couple hours.  

5 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Its random, maybe not... make sure you get some immune boost for her... airborne and aspirin even after symptoms go away take childrens aspirin for a few months.  Lots of tea too.  And make sure she gets up and moves around every couple hours.  

AND Vitamin D

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

immune boost?

8 minutes ago, Weave said:

immune boost?

Vitamin C 2000 mg daily

Vitamin D 2000 IU daily

Zinc 220mg daily

Pepcid 20 mg po daily 

Melatonin 10mg po at bedtime 

Asprin 81mg daily

Get a pulse oximeter from a surgical supply drugstore and check it every 6 hours while awake. 

Contact Her Doctor to see if she qualifies for an outpatient monoclonal antibody treatment . 

The above is what we put the hospitalized patients on, you both should take it 

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Weave said:

I spoke too soon.

Wife continued to have symptoms even after the negative test result.  They were getting worse so she was retested today.  She's tested positive.  We're in quarantine now.  I get tested tomorrow.

I'm symptom free and she's sicker than a dog.  Says she's never experienced headahes like this before.  And the dry cough she's got is awful to listen to.  I can only imagine that it feels much worse for her.  And today is her first day with a fever.

I figure it's only a matter of time for me.

I tested positive (w/ symptoms) 13 days ago.    My wife and 2 boys (15/17), managed to avoid catching it, so it's possible for you to dodge it, but you need to make sure your wife is sequestered to a single room in the house with her own bathroom.       Make sure you wear a mask when bringing her food/clothes/supplies/etc...  and wear gloves if possible, wash your hands frequently.   

I had similar symptoms to your wife, the worst of it lasts about 3-4 days, fever broke on day 7.   I took a multi-vitamin, zinc and magnesium supplements daily.      Good luck, hope your wife pulls through and you stay negative.

• Like (+1) 2

I got my ungrateful mother in law a vaccine appointment. I swore after she complained that nobody got her one that i wasn't going to look anymore, even though i had tried every day up to that point, waking up at 430am to try to get into the virtual waiting room. 

I only tried today because my wife complained that her mother keeps bugging her about it. I told her that her mother should have given any amount of effort to get her own damn appointment. Or any of her other siblings could have tried.

However in order to keep my wife sane, i did it. Luckily there was a ton of appointments so when i got in, i was able to get an evening appointment. By 7am or so they were all gone

At least her mother can now shut it

Edited by Mike Honcho
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

Wife seems to be improving.  Same symptoms but less intense today.  Her coughing, body aches, and fever seemed to have peaked Monday night.  I’m still asymptomatic.  County DoH still hasn’t reached out to her for contact tracing.  Wtf good is it so many days after she started with symptoms?

I was tested this AM.  Holy crap!  Made my eyes water.  I think they gave me a lobotomy while they were in there.

• Like (+1) 6
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

I'm a tad bit nervous the last couple days. Obviously, I am no expert, and everyone I hear (news networks, online sources) seem to be filled with more optimism than ever that cases are down.....and they probably know more than I do (well, they DO), But.....

For fun I track the case count on the John Hopkins web site....For weeks now the cases have been down each and every week. But this week not only are they not going down, they seem to have a few days where they are up a bit.  I don't compare day-to-day, as reporting issues impact those numbers (day of week, weekend, etc), but what I do is compared this week Monday to last week Monday. This week Sat to last week Sat...etc.....

The last couple of days, we have stopped showing a drop in the number of cases comparing a day in the current week to last week, and using todays numbers (Cases for Tuesday the 23rd compared to Tuesday the 16th), the cases for the 23rd are actually higher than for the 16th.  

Now maybe its a blip in the daya for a few days....or maybe it will correct itself an resume the downward trend in a day or two...but at least for a few days...the rate of drop in cases has come to a stop.

This is probably a dumb question but i got my first covid vaccine shot almost 2 weeks ago. Moderna. i have my second appointment is 1 month from my first.

I read that the j&j vaccine has approval and is a very different type of vaccine. Once everyone gets their vaccine and we are in a state of excess of vaccines, would there be any benefits to getting the j&j one too?  Basically 2 vaccines to help my chances of not getting it

Edited by Mike Honcho

31 minutes ago, Mike Honcho said:

This is probably a dumb question but i got my first covid vaccine shot almost 2 weeks ago. Moderna. i have my second appointment is 1 month from my first.

I read that the j&j vaccine has approval and is a very different type of vaccine. Once everyone gets their vaccine and we are in a state of excess of vaccines, would there be any benefits to getting the j&j one too?  Basically 2 vaccines to help my chances of not getting it

My understanding is that once you have anti-bodies, additional vaccinations will have no affect.

30 minutes ago, woods-racer said:

So if you test positive for antibodies do you need to get vaccinated?

My understanding is that antibodies last anywhere from 6mo to a year, on average 8 months.   

I had covid 3 weeks ago, if I have the opportunity to get the vaccine sometime in may or june I'll definitely sign up.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My understanding is that antibodies last anywhere from 6mo to a year, on average 8 months.   

I had covid 3 weeks ago, if I have the opportunity to get the vaccine sometime in may or june I'll definitely sign up.

I keep giving plasma and keep testing positive so I've been in no hurry. Not that I meet any criteria to be on a list to get it at this point, but I just didn't see a reason to.

6 hours ago, pi2000 said:

My understanding is that once you have anti-bodies, additional vaccinations will have no affect.

We are recommending patients who are positive get the vaccine about 90 days after infection. The titers start dropping at this point. Plus antibodies from the actual virus may not confer immunity to the variant strains. 

• Like (+1) 1