COVID-19

Indabuff

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

Mixed no where like the spring... but still getting steady covid coming in... more than summer and early fall.

Keep drinking lots of fluids... vitamins... go easy... itll come back but there will be days where you just dont have a lot of energy.

Over did it on Saturday because of the Bills and then slept 14 hours that night

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

GA -- did you lose taste/smell?  I have a friend who had Covid a couple of months ago, lost her senses of taste and smell and hasn't regained them yet.

Actually I didn't.  Sweet things were overly sweet for a while and salty things tasted very salty also for a while, but I never lost either taste or smell.  My wife, despite being only ill for a few days, did lose her sense of smell and it has came back slowly.  She said she could actually feel the virus burning in her nose.  She still can't smell coffee for some reason.  We researched the problem and for some, smell and taste won't return, which is horrible.  We tried all kinds of things to help my wife, and focused on things she could faintly smell and she practiced smelling as crazy as that may sound and it seemed to work.  

I hope your friend's senses return.  My only advice is to try to smell.  Use things with intense smells and see if there is anything and then focus on those smells and try to remember that smell.  People don't really realize how important to taste smell actually is.

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, nfreeman said:

GA -- did you lose taste/smell?  I have a friend who had Covid a couple of months ago, lost her senses of taste and smell and hasn't regained them yet.

Friends of ours had COVID back in early April.  They both lost sense of taste and smell.  We visited them in August.  He was just starting to get smell back bust still couldn't taste anything.  She still had no sense of taste or smell.

They loved the kabobs I made.  🤣

5 hours ago, nfreeman said:

My brother and sister in law got it.  Both lost their sense of smell and taste.  They are about 1 month out from losing it, and it’s started to come back this week.

Also, a co-worker who had it sort of echoed what PA said about not losing taste fully but only being able to taste saltyness, as opposed to the actual flavor of things.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Over did it on Saturday because of the Bills and then slept 14 hours that night

Keep doing it will help you recover from after effects

PS side effects after 2nd shot much less than first little headache but no chills

Near-total disdain for social distancing at a certain major event yesterday was disappointing but expected. Not a political statement, because it clearly cuts both ways — but until leaders model the proper behavior, how can the folks be expected to follow? Of course they've been vaccinated, get daily testing and will have easy access to the best meds if they get sick.

Social distancing: you stay six feet away from others whom you do not live with. No selfies, fist bumps, hugs, kisses, handshakes or huddles.

Imagine not being able to get a kiss from your kids as you die in an ICU — but the new president is afforded that bit of humanity after taking the oath. You'd be mad. I mean, if you were still alive.

(Bernie nailed it, though.)

I am absolutely amazed and disappointed at so many not taking this serious. After Rich went through what he has and still is dealing with its abundantly clear to myself that there are so many not acknowledging the basic truth that this virus can do severe damage and kill. Just so disappointed. Guess I'm babbling a rant, sorry.

• Like (+1) 2

B.C. just announced the provincial plan today.

Once the frontline and high-risk people are done, mass free vaccinations for the general public expected to start in April, from oldest to youngest.

My demographic means I'll probably get my shot in the summer. Everyone who wants a shot expected to get one for by September.

How are they handling the rollout in your parts of the world?

9 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

First or second shot?

First.  Got my first last week.  No symptoms yet for the kids and myself.  Hopefully it stays that way.  Thankfully the wife's symptoms have been mild (knock on wood).

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

I really miss live music.

You and me both.  I’m sure you miss the experience of playing live.  I probably go out to listen to live music 20x per year.  Haven’t heard a live band in over 1 yr now.  Ugh.

Just now, Weave said:

You and me both.  I’m sure you miss the experience of playing live.  I probably go out to listen to live music 20x per year.  Haven’t heard a live band in over 1 yr now.  Ugh.

It's every kind of music, too. I'm listening to Faure's Requiem right now and thinking about standing in the Met (my brother works there so I have an in) or in King concert hall in Fredonia, or seeing my parents perform in Kleinhans. I miss going to the Bergen PAC to see Zappa Plays Zappa or whatever. I miss standing on stage and feeling my intestines vibrate when I hit a low B. Heck, I miss going to the local sh!thole to get a really good fish fry, only to realize that the School of Rock kid's are putting on their show that night.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Assuming you mean the concert hall and not the men's store, what did they play?  I may have seen them!

I'm just getting nostalgic. Either as Schola Cantorum or BCAS (Buffalo Choral Arts Society) performing with the BPO. I miss the whole ***** thing.

…swearing in relation to classical music just feel right.

Edited by SwampD

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

I'm just getting nostalgic. Either as Schola Cantorum or BCAS (Buffalo Choral Arts Society) performing with the BPO. I miss the whole ***** thing.

…swearing in relation to classical music just feel right.

I definitely saw them if they sang in the 80s.

• Like (+1) 2

NYS opened up high risk sports for a February season.

You can say whatever you want, but the psychological boost given to my kids this week is quite noticeable. My son was more noticeable as he's a junior in HS playing varsity hockey. My daughter, 13, is on the outside, but her club volleyball team is back to playing tournaments.

There's just no denying how much psychological impact this virus has had on the youth of this country.  

That said, I'm not the youth of this country and I am beginning to realize just how much impact it has had on me.  My life did not change dramatically as I had worked from home for 2 years prior, I had been busy with work.  I am beginning to realize how much the change in how society operates is impacting me.  it's undone a good 2 years of work on improving my overall health without a doubt.

• Like (+1) 1