COVID-19

Indabuff

22 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Without a lockdown, this would have been really bad. I believe that NYC (and other big cities) would have needed mass graves. You can bury your head in the sand down in Puerto Rico and pretend that isn’t true. That’s fine.

Without a lockdown, nothing would have changed, at least not in a significant way, maybe the economy would have been better off, but the people that were gonna get it, would have gotten it. 

As for the one week I spent in puerto Rico, it still gives me more world perspective than many in this country have ever had. But that's OK, the mainstream media tells us all we need to know. Squeaky wheel gets the grease eh? 

I'd rather have my head in the literal sand, compared to the figurative sand that we as a whole are living in. 

Again, I won't back down from this, and neither will anybody else here, regardless of any medical facts or science that dispute going against the grain, so again, I'm out, there's too much more to life than this petty nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Without a lockdown, nothing would have changed, at least not in a significant way, maybe the economy would have been better off, but the people that were gonna get it, would have gotten it. 

As for the one week I spent in puerto Rico, it still gives me more world perspective than many in this country have ever had. But that's OK, the mainstream media tells us all we need to know. Squeaky wheel gets the grease eh? 

I'd rather have my head in the literal sand, compared to the figurative sand that we as a whole are living in. 

Again, I won't back down from this, and neither will anybody else here, regardless of any medical facts or science that dispute going against the grain, so again, I'm out, there's too much more to life than this petty nonsense. 

This is just patently false. I shouldn’t have to go into why, so I won’t.

Edited by SwampD

Personally I'm not looking forward to the vaccin rush might.   Already shipping covid vaccins with flights to chicago.  They calculated we will need 8700 cargo flights to ship it worldwide, and with a lot of the vaccins being manufactured in my country my airport job might get hectic soon.

In the end only one thing annoys me about this all, it showed how inept our governments are in dealing with this,  I get not knowing what to do in march.   But we are 9 months later and litteraly 0 progress is made.     They should have done like China and shut everything down for 4 weeks, now this ***** just keeps dragging on.

• Like (+1) 1

21 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Jesus, it's a virus, of course it's going to make people feel tired. This isn't news.... The flu sidelines a lot of people too....

I really really wish people had any clue what life is like in other parts of the world, I'd hate to see what happens to this nation when a really really bad disease hits. 

What is a false equivalency mixed with bull$!tt. 

Alex Trebek GIF by Jeopardy!

21 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

As for the one week I spent in puerto Rico, it still gives me more world perspective than many in this country have ever had. But that's OK, the mainstream media tells us all we need to know. Squeaky wheel gets the grease eh? 

I'm not intending a political tinge to my response but for someone who is involved in the medical profession you are way out of step with the mainstream medical profession on Covid. You seem to be making the point that a complete lockdown that would have had devastating economic consequences was the only alternative to arresting this virus. That is a false narrative. If more people would have simply followed the basic guidance such as wearing a mask, social distancing, washing hands etc. the situation would now be less dire although still fraught with danger. It's surprising and troubling that someone involved in the health business has allowed political influences to permeate the science associated with public health issues. 

With respect to your comment about your head in the sand compared to figurative sand it is puzzling and makes no sense. 

Do you know what petty nonsense isn't? More than 300,000 people dying and still counting and the losses to their families. 

1 hour ago, JohnC said:

I'm not intending a political tinge to my response but for someone who is involved in the medical profession you are way out of step with the mainstream medical profession on Covid. You seem to be making the point that a complete lockdown that would have had devastating economic consequences was the only alternative to arresting this virus. That is a false narrative. If more people would have simply followed the basic guidance such as wearing a mask, social distancing, washing hands etc. the situation would now be less dire although still fraught with danger. It's surprising and troubling that someone involved in the health business has allowed political influences to permeate the science associated with public health issues. 

With respect to your comment about your head in the sand compared to figurative sand it is puzzling and makes no sense. 

Do you know what petty nonsense isn't? More than 300,000 people dying and still counting and the losses to their families. 

I don't want to put words in his mouth but I'm pretty sure Woody isn't arguing in favor of a total lockdown.  I think his point is that people are going to catch it with or without a lockdown.  I am increasingly of that opinion myself, but I won't even pretend to have scientific expertise; I'm just an average jerk on the Internet.

53 minutes ago, Eleven said:

I don't want to put words in his mouth but I'm pretty sure Woody isn't arguing in favor of a total lockdown.  I think his point is that people are going to catch it with or without a lockdown.  I am increasingly of that opinion myself, but I won't even pretend to have scientific expertise; I'm just an average jerk on the Internet.

Except, of course, for thousands if not millions that didn't get it because of the lockdowns and then got the vaccine.

Edited by SwampD

On 12/20/2020 at 12:50 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Ummm, have you looked outside the window.... GE owns everything, Amazon owns everything, Disney owns everything.... how many people do you think actually make this world tick? It's not as many as you think. When Bill Gates is giving vaccination medical information, we're past the point of no return. 

Don't forget the Gettys, Rothschilds, the Pope, the Queen of England, and Colonel Sanders.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

My primary point is if the basic recommendations of wearing a mask, social distancing and washing hands the virus would be less pervasive. General undiscriminating lockdowns aren't effective. But selectively done where appropriate is one of the standard methods to done to contain the virus. There are no perfect solutions and there are no easy solutions.  But when the basic tools to handling this virus spread become more of a political commentary than a public health and science commentary then you end up where we are. And that ain't good!

• Like (+1) 2

As far as Wyld and Eleven statements dont agree but understand the point that it would be hard for a total sustained lockdown to occur in US because of the stupidity of people and no control over those people.  In command and control countries or those populations that listen better to behavioral norms for this virus than maybe but still think areas that practice better practices have done better.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

As far as Wyld and Eleven statements dont agree but understand the point that it would be hard for a total sustained lockdown to occur in US because of the stupidity of people and no control over those people.  In command and control countries or those populations that listen better to behavioral norms for this virus than maybe but still think areas that practice better practices have done better.

byproduct of a lack of trust in ones government. and other things that I am forbidden from saying else i get put on the naughty list.

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

It’s worth noting that Florida has more people than NY, and more old people, and much less “better COVID practices” — and NY has 75% more COVID deaths than Florida.  

• Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, nfreeman said:

It’s worth noting that Florida has more people than NY, and more old people, and much less “better COVID practices” — and NY has 75% more COVID deaths than Florida.  

You can’t compare what happened in NY and NJ To any other state.

But you knew that.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

It doesn't seem to be working here, at least.  Or in a few European countries.  I'm still inclined to think that the rise is due to colder weather, not to people socializing.  We aren't socializing.

34 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

byproduct of a lack of trust in ones government. and other things that I am forbidden from saying else i get put on the naughty list.

Not here.  I just don't think it's working.  I'm not going out to protest or anything; like I said above, I'll just follow the rules.

2 minutes ago, SwampD said:

You can’t compare what happened in NY and NJ To any other state.

But you knew that.

Why not?

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

It doesn't seem to be working here, at least.  Or in a few European countries.  I'm still inclined to think that the rise is due to colder weather, not to people socializing.  We aren't socializing.

Not here.  I just don't think it's working.  I'm not going out to protest or anything; like I said above, I'll just follow the rules.

Why not?

C'mon.

Every other state benefited from what was learned in those two states when this started.

• Like (+1) 2

59 minutes ago, drnkirishone said:

I guess where the “concern” comes in is specific party views. Let’s face it, they both suck. Discussing issues without regard to some party line vs ‘this guy’ this issue’ stuff doesn’t encourage any type of discussion. 

13 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Cali?

No. NY and NJ.

I'm only saying this in terms of comparing total deaths, which is what Nfreeman did. Most in NY happened at the beginning when we didn't know how to best fight this thing yet. Since then, I think every state has been about the same in terms of fighting this thing with equal amounts of knuckleheads who don't take it seriously.