COVID-19

Indabuff

On 11/19/2020 at 10:17 PM, miles said:

My wifes company has another case. Tbey had an outbreak at the beginning of the pandemic and 2 people  died.

They made people wfh for 3 months and made everyone come back. Now today they said there is another case and everyone needs to get a test before monday and they are going to have the office closed for at least 1 week to see how the tests come back.

I have already asked my wife to just quit and we will live poor until she finds something new. Her greedy boss is putting hundreds of lives at risk for no reason. they can successfully wfh but he insists everyone be in the office. 

I already told my wife if she comes back positive that i want to send him all medical bills

There should be restrictions for this crap where the owners of companies should be responsible for this negligence 

a quick update. my wife's test came back negative. she wants me to get a test just to be sure too. i havent left the house in about 1 month, so i am not worried about having it. 

anyway, im going to sleep good tonight. i honestly didnt sleep much the last 2 nights

Edited by miles

5 hours ago, SABRES 0311 said:

I think I’ll be getting a COVID vaccine in the near future. Two shots with a couple days off after each one. 

5 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Go on...

Well, I guess that’s it. I’ll get a couple needles shoved in me. I’ll either be protected against COVID or “I Am Legend” becomes real life.

16 hours ago, Weave said:

If Twitter, QAnon, Brietbart, and OAN had a bastard foursome child it would be named Parler.

13 hours ago, SDS said:

If Twitter doesn’t have enough conspiracy theories or promote  enough false information - parler is for you. 

Perfect!

Had my covid test today. My wife was already negative and i never leave the house so i should be negative too. However im uneasy right now about it.

It says 4 days for results 

Edited by miles

1 hour ago, miles said:

Had my covid test today. My wife was already negative and i never leave the house so i should be negative too. However im uneasy right now about it.

It says 4 days for results 

My wife had her results back in less than 24 hours. (negative)

2 hours ago, dudacek said:

My wife had her results back in less than 24 hours. (negative)

It depends on the lab and how backed up they are.... it can be fast or take a little while longer.  Wouldn't worry unless you are experiencing symptoms.  Drink lots of immune boost, zinc, magnesium and D3 vitamins.  Exercise  a bit... so you can eat plenty over TG...  Admitted 5 covid pts today.  Looks like a few more.

https://www.bbc.com/news/health-55040635

There are two results from the trial of more than 20,000 volunteers in the UK and Brazil.

Overall, there were 30 cases of Covid in people who had two doses of the vaccine and 101 cases in people who received a dummy injection. The researchers said it worked out at 70% protection, which is better than the seasonal flu jab.

Nobody getting the actual vaccine developed severe-Covid or needed hospital treatment.

Prof Andrew Pollard, the trial's lead investigator, said he was "really pleased" with the results as "it means we have a vaccine for the world".

However, protection was 90% in an analysis of around 3,000 people on the trial who were given a half-sized first dose and a full-sized second dose.

4 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Any chance we have a normal summer?

Yes. I would have thought it would have been another 3-4 months before these vaccine results came back but this is good news. The real question is distribution and production. A lot of manufactures went full force into production once their phase 2 trails showed good results so there are millions of doses ready to go but how they get delivered and who gets them first is the real next question. Realistically 65+ and Medical Professionals are the first in line. Might put teachers behind them to get schools back up and going. Will probably be much better in the summer and I would say hopefully by next fall we are at vaccination rates high enough to truly be back to normal. 

13 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Now the real 100$ question... Once things are "normal" can we please get rid of the damn plexiglass everywhere? Chances are places aren't going to take them down, but I can't hear anybody with those and the mask inside. 

Why wouldn't places take them down?

I can't wait for all of the night events/specials bars are gonna have once this is all over. They're gonna be itching to celebrate and bring money in.

1 minute ago, WildCard said:

I can't wait for all of the night events/specials bars are gonna have once this is all over. They're gonna be itching to celebrate and bring money in.

Taste of Buffalo this year should be fun if it happens. 

4 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

Taste of Buffalo this year should be fun if it happens. 

Duuuude, taste of Buffalo was so insane last time I went, I can't imagine trying to walk trhrough there if things start to open. 

Also, somehow buffalo holds that on the hottest day of the year, it's uncanny how thst shakes out 

6 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Because it costs money and they paid for them to be up, I wonder if they think "Meh, they're up, it's still fighting germs"

2 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Duuuude, taste of Buffalo was so insane last time I went, I can't imagine trying to walk trhrough there if things start to open. 

Also, somehow buffalo holds that on the hottest day of the year, it's uncanny how thst shakes out 

Because it costs money and they paid for them to be up, I wonder if they think "Meh, they're up, it's still fighting germs"

If I'm them I take them down asap and try and put the pandemic, with the politics and unease with it, behind them. But yeah that stuff costs money so I'm assuming they'll just store it for later use if they need it again; definitely be dumb to toss it.

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

If I'm them I take them down asap and try and put the pandemic, with the politics and unease with it, behind them. But yeah that stuff costs money so I'm assuming they'll just store it for later use if they need it again; definitely be dumb to toss it.

I think you will see the opposite. They will keep them up until the vast majority of people feel comfortable, which means they will take them down with the complaints outweigh the benefits.

Coworkers mother died from COVID-19 over the weekend.  Another coworker took his mother to the hospital for it this weekend.  He’s quarantined too now.  And yet another coworker found out he was exposed multiple times last week.  A close friend that he’d been spending alot of time with tested positive over the weekend.  Thought she had a cold.  Maybe she did, but she had Covid too.  So now we are all wondering if we are going to be quarantined when the contact tracing completes.

Pretty sure I’m canceling the small gatherings we were planning for Thanksgiving now.  No way I am risking exposing our parents.

11 minutes ago, Weave said:

Coworkers mother died from COVID-19 over the weekend.  Another coworker took his mother to the hospital for it this weekend.  He’s quarantined too now.  And yet another coworker found out he was exposed multiple times last week.  A close friend that he’d been spending alot of time with tested positive over the weekend.  Thought she had a cold.  Maybe she did, but she had Covid too.  So now we are all wondering if we are going to be quarantined when the contact tracing completes.

Pretty sure I’m canceling the small gatherings we were planning for Thanksgiving now.  No way I am risking exposing our parents.

Although it's exactly what none of us want to to do, it is the correct thing to do.

Stay vigilant and do not fall prey to traditions or Covid fatigue. It's a different world right now. There are signs of hope if we can all just hang in there a little longer. 

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I have no doubt that we will be shut down like we were in March.

Ok, doctors, here's a question.  We shut down for six or eight weeks or something, and then we opened back up with a lot of restrictions.  We did just fine under the restrictions for a considerable period of time, and now we need the restrictions again.  What actually changed to cause the rise in cases?  We were observing the restrictions.  If they worked in June, July, August, September, why didn't they work in October and November?  There is only one material difference that I can think of:  the weather.

Seems to me that viruses affect more people in colder weather.  I do not offer this as scientific fact; it is just my experience.  If that is the case, should we just be riding out the weather rather than shutting down again?  I.e., are we actually gaining anything by shutting down?

Not a rhetorical question.