COVID-19

Indabuff

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

Yet allowed here because it supports a certain mod's political position.  Or maybe he hasn't logged on yet tonight to police the positions he doesn't agree with.  I caught him last night, but tonight, maybe he's just not online.

Notable that The Lancet, JAMA, and The New England Journal of Medicine all rejected publication.  Those are three of the most prestigious medical journals in the West.

Edited by Eleven
  • Thanks (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Yet allowed here because it supports a certain mod's political position.  Or maybe he hasn't logged on yet tonight to police the positions he doesn't agree with.  I caught him last night, but tonight, maybe he's just not online.

Am I supposed to click every link in every post and run a check on the credibility of every site that is linked?  How soon would you like the report run sir?

Again:  if anyone objects to anything, just point it out. 

And yes, in fact I just checked in a couple of minutes ago, hoping for some convivial hockey talk as I wind down my day.  

• Haha (+1) 1

Been fighting off a fever of 102.4, bad muscle aches, fatigue, cough. I did work overnight on Friday and tested myself and was negative, symptoms worsened a bit after that shift. I'm not allowed to go back to work until I'm fever free for 24 hours without antipyretic medicine and 2 negative tests. So off I go today for rapid swab #2, I'm no football coach either, but I can admit that they way my company handled my illness is pretty decent and fair. Chances are I have the flu, or pneumonia, I tend to get it yearly because of asthma. I've put myself on some meds and am riding it out at home. 

30 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Been fighting off a fever of 102.4, bad muscle aches, fatigue, cough. I did work overnight on Friday and tested myself and was negative, symptoms worsened a bit after that shift. I'm not allowed to go back to work until I'm fever free for 24 hours without antipyretic medicine and 2 negative tests. So off I go today for rapid swab #2, I'm no football coach either, but I can admit that they way my company handled my illness is pretty decent and fair. Chances are I have the flu, or pneumonia, I tend to get it yearly because of asthma. I've put myself on some meds and am riding it out at home. 

Hope you get feeling better pronto

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I got a qPCR result back in 24 hours, so I can't complain. But I work in a LTCF with a new case of Covid among its staff.

And ditto on the best health wishes. I'd never wish the flu or pneumonia on anyone. ED, sure.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

I got a qPCR result back in 24 hours, so I can't complain. But I work in a LTCF with a new case of Covid among its staff.

And ditto on the best health wishes. I'd never wish the flu or pneumonia on anyone. ED, sure.

Thanks, temporary ED is definitely occurring 😂

Got my Covid and flu swabs back and they are negative, so I have one of the other 500 viruses floating around or I have pneumonia. That's my bet. 

On 10/28/2020 at 6:55 PM, JohnC said:

The worst part of the Covid era is that when one gets sick horrible thoughts first come to mind.

Not to downplay the seriousness of the pandemic, but it is human nature to react that way. Having said that, I hope and pray that it ends soon.

17 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I am close to 99% that my bacterial pneumonia came from wearing masks all day every day. The pathogen that caused it, it's what is grown out on dirty masks. Working in a hospital doesn't help either, I honestly would have rather had Covid. 

Like you've said before, it's not the masks, it's the improper use of them that is the problem. Just sayin'.

Now I'm pissed. I was just about to pull the trigger on a week in Costa Rico in February (plane tickets, hotel, out of country health insurance,…) Company policy on quarantine put the kibosh on that. ***** Covid.

9 hours ago, SwampD said:

Like you've said before, it's not the masks, it's the improper use of them that is the problem. Just sayin'.

Now I'm pissed. I was just about to pull the trigger on a week in Costa Rico in February (plane tickets, hotel, out of country health insurance,…) Company policy on quarantine put the kibosh on that. ***** Covid.

The company policy said that you are not allowed to leave? Is that even legal?!?? Or are they saying you must quarantine if you leave the state? NY and papa Cuomo just changed the guidelines for Covid travel, not sure it makes it any better, maybe simpler, but getting a test isn't quite as easy yet as it should be for most people, considering it's November. 

Also Swamp, you think I don't change my mask, what am I some Neanderthal 😉

18 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The company policy said that you are not allowed to leave? Is that even legal?!?? Or are they saying you must quarantine if you leave the state? NY and papa Cuomo just changed the guidelines for Covid travel, not sure it makes it any better, maybe simpler, but getting a test isn't quite as easy yet as it should be for most people, considering it's November. 

Also Swamp, you think I don't change my mask, what am I some Neanderthal 😉

I wonder why that is... 

I'm kidding, I don't wonder. It's obvious why that is. 

• Like (+1) 2

12 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I wonder if we’ll get a Thanksgiving bump. My family isn’t getting together this year, but I know others will.

We're debating getting together.  Count case in my county is higher than it was in Spring.  And the county I work in is blowing up.  I really don't want to be the one who spreads it to my family.

9 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Maybe, but with the nazi style lockdowns coming down the chute, maybe not. 

Inflammatory language helps immensely.