COVID-19

Indabuff

55 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

Boris got a post-COVID bump.

It's borderline tinfoil hat stuff to think that this is a hoax, a ploy.

I have a perfectly logical explanation that I am unable to present here.  I'm at a complete disadvantage, if you want to throw "tinfoil hat" characterizations around.

10 hours ago, That Aud Smell said:

He did not. He got a pre-COVID bump 4 days earlier as explained on 538. Complete with graphs. 

15 nurses have tested positive here at the hospital, one teacher and one student have tested positive and they're closing school next week until they decide what to do. This small little county is losing its mind, it's almost like the people in charge didn't do a good job with this..... 

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

15 nurses have tested positive here at the hospital, one teacher and one student have tested positive and they're closing school next week until they decide what to do. This small little county is losing its mind, it's almost like the people in charge didn't do a good job with this..... 

What mistakes do you think they made? From my nearby perch, I've been impressed by the Catt Co. health department. You have everything a small county in PA doesn't seem to have — drive-up testing, transparent reporting, robust contact tracing etc. What blame should be assigned to the people for not listening to obvious advice? 303 cases and 9 deaths seems like a lot.

And any idea how so many healthcare workers got infected so quickly?

On 10/2/2020 at 11:13 AM, That Aud Smell said:

Some people are so gullible that they will believe anything. Either that, or look for confirmation bias.

The theatrics isn’t just stranger than fiction; it’s literally insane.

17 hours ago, miles said:

I'm going to be honest.  I'm not sure why people thought that after 6 months it would magically get better when there still isnt a  vaccine. 

Neither do I, especially with how much has to go into trials and ultimate approval.

As conservative as I am, I’ve been masking. I’m not cavalier nor nonchalant. Say what you will about Oliver Cromwell, but he was irrefutably right about one thing: “Trust in God, and keep your powder dry”. Thus, I am convinced that this quote is clearly applicable - even for today.

• Like (+1) 1

6 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

What mistakes do you think they made? From my nearby perch, I've been impressed by the Catt Co. health department. You have everything a small county in PA doesn't seem to have — drive-up testing, transparent reporting, robust contact tracing etc. What blame should be assigned to the people for not listening to obvious advice? 303 cases and 9 deaths seems like a lot.

And any idea how so many healthcare workers got infected so quickly?

Some of the things are more missteps than "mistakes" we started letting visitors in, and then bending policies a bit more. I have several students and they were letting them in the hospital and then not, and then again and now my students aren't allowed in after Monday, which is sad because they need the experience, especially in times like these. 

They have been letting those positive continue to work as long as they are asymptomatic, I think there in lies the culprit. That also mixed with positive staff going out an mingling with each other, many large groups outside the bars these days ever since Bonas is back in action. 

I think they are talking about requiring 2 tests a week for all employees once we get a rapid test machine. Also we are going to require testing for all admissions once that happens too, which probably should have been initiated sooner. 

• Like (+1) 2