COVID-19

Indabuff

3 hours ago, SwampD said:

Never said I hated him. Ever. Nice try, though.

Right, well perhaps you didn't use that word.  I can dig up all the other colorful words you use to indicate just how much you care about him.  Want to summarize it here?  I can go pull the numerous times you've colorfully displayed your "disdain" for Lehner and his mental health issues and stated just how much he deserved no remorse.

2 hours ago, atoq said:

It's almost like some level of coordination above the states was needed to mitigate the inconsistent implementation of known-effective policies that have led to some areas being much safer than others.

Also want to add, besides possible death from COVID, the long-term health implications of the virus are not fully understood, with indications it can have affect someone's heart, brain and lungs. Another reason for caution.

No, I don't think a higher level of coordination was needed.  This is an inconsistency within a single state.  A state that is largely lauded on how it has cracked down and kept infection rates low. But the "rules" are a little odd at times.. they might not be as protecting as people think.  

Here's the question, is NY safe or is just not exposed at a high level again?  There's a difference right?  So, will NYS continue to see its low infection rates because its residents are shut-ins.. or will things open up, there'll be some exposure, and then boom.. NYS has an outbreak because no one was exposed and now they are.. or, will people have just been exposed with no symptoms and so no one really thinks anything about it any more.  How do people want to live their lives?

The long-term health implications, are to me, much like dying from it.  My point being, COVID-19 will impact each person in some way.  The way it will impact that person will most probably be the same whether they are exposed today or in six months.  There's talk of a vaccine, but a vaccine has never existed for a coronavirus before and even if they develop one here it might be 50% effective (as projected).  What if the 50% of those protected would have been the group that would have been asymptomatic and the other 50% were ones who had increased risks? It really isn't doing much, especially if its shown that while I had the vaccine and I am not infected I might still be able to carry it around and infect others.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Right, well perhaps you didn't use that word.  I can dig up all the other colorful words you use to indicate just how much you care about him.  Want to summarize it here?  I can go pull the numerous times you've colorfully displayed your "disdain" for Lehner and his mental health issues and stated just how much he deserved no remorse.

Yeesh. Who pissed in your Cheerios today?  .

Not really sure why you brought it up or what it has to do with Covid.

6 hours ago, SwampD said:

Yeesh. Who pissed in your Cheerios today?  .

Not really sure why you brought it up or what it has to do with Covid.

You were getting on people who didn't have a heart for those with co-morbidities.  Yet, you have no heart for a guy who has mental health issues.

54 minutes ago, LTS said:

You were getting on people who didn't have a heart for those with co-morbidities.  Yet, you have no heart for a guy who has mental health issues.

You know this is BS, right?

I absolutely have a heart for someone with mental health issues. To say otherwise is ridiculous. I know plenty of people with mental health issues. You know what they weren’t?... jerks.

I think Lehner is a jerk. I also think that he thinks he deserves some sort of pass on him being a jerk because of his mental health issues. He doesn’t.

He’s not a Sabre. I don’t care if he ever wins another game ever again.

(Jerk wasn’t my first word choice)

7 hours ago, SwampD said:

You know this is BS, right?

I absolutely have a heart for someone with mental health issues. To say otherwise is ridiculous. I know plenty of people with mental health issues. You know what they weren’t?... jerks.

I think Lehner is a jerk. I also think that he thinks he deserves some sort of pass on him being a jerk because of his mental health issues. He doesn’t.

He’s not a Sabre. I don’t care if he ever wins another game ever again.

(Jerk wasn’t my first word choice)

Is it fair to say that a person with mental health issues has control over whether they are "jerks" or not? In your statement you are implying that someone a persons attitude is somehow a separate function of the brain that would not be impacted by a disease that impacts the brain. I don't agree. It's great that the people you know aren't "jerks". I certainly have known quite a few who would balance the equation.

You are right though. He's not a Sabre.  He's a human.

I just filled out a questionnaire from the NHL regarding COVID-19… And for my participation I got a 15% off code at the NHL.com store. I won’t be using the code. If anyone is interested in shopping at the website… Message me and I’ll send you the code. Obviously first come first serve. 

This looks promising:  https://www.upi.com/Health_News/2020/09/17/Nasal-solution-may-stop-spread-of-COVID-19-study-finds/1881600350075/

A commercially available nasal antiseptic solution "inactivates" COVID-19 just 15 seconds after the coronavirus is exposed to it, effectively preventing the infection from developing, according to a study published Thursday by JAMA Otolaryngology-Head & Neck Surgery.

• Like (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Not studied in humans yet. Coming soon.

But the article was written by Brian Dunleavy, so it's a fine combination of glib and dull.

Too bad snark can't be used as an anti-viral!

• Haha (+1) 1

I live in Pensacola and Hurricane Sally just devastated the area. Luckily I just had a bit of tree, roof, and fence damage, but the house is fine. But holy hell, the places that have power are PACKED. We're gonna have an explosion of cases because people weren't super vigilant before and honestly, no one is thinking about Covid right now here. It's scary.

• Sad 1

A little nervous, but yesterday I volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot yesterday at 1:00 pm, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

• Haha (+1) 8
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Pimlach said:

A little nervous, but yesterday I volunteered for the vaccine trials for Covid-19. The vaccine is one that was created in Russia. I received my first shot yesterday at 1:00 pm, and I wanted to let you all know that it’s completely safe, with иo side effects whatsoeveя, and that I feelshκι χoρoshό я чувствую себя немного странно и я думаю, что вытащил ослиные уши.

Punch like Cossack hat more than beaver, no?

• Like (+1) 1

The expected fall wave appears to have started based on seven day averages. This time instead of starting from a baseline of 0 average daily cases or a little over 20,000 average daily cases, we started at about 35,000 daily cases. There's no telling where this wave tops out.

I'm unsure what the news is portraying about Brazil, but the obidence of mask wearing down here is beyond anything I've seen in the USA. Indoors, outdoors, even people riding motorcycles with full face helmets have masks on under them..... On the plane people had 2 masks and a face shield. If masks work as well as they say, Brazil should be down to 0 cases pretty quick here.