COVID-19

Indabuff

4 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Love me some separation of church and state. 

What was that I just read? My ADHD kicked in before I got to the punchline. 

The writers ARE the punchline.

Search "sovereign citizen" on youtube sometime when you have about 48 hours to spare.  These people are endless entertainment.

5 minutes ago, Eleven said:

The writers ARE the punchline.

Search "sovereign citizen" on youtube sometime when you have about 48 hours to spare.  These people are endless entertainment.

I was unfamiliar with this, wow, maybe we can give them Covid and 0.8% of them will perish ?

4 hours ago, Eleven said:

The initial Hong Kong case the article refers to is quite dubious, from my understanding. His second "case" had zero symptoms and a very small viral load. It wasn't cultured, and if they used a PCR test (I'd bet money they did), the test cannot tell a live fragment of corona DNA from a dead one. And we know that dead fragments stay in your blood stream months after you get the disease. If they're scouring that closely, they should find plenty of "second cases" like this, and even real ones in outlier situations - you can catch any "once a lifetime" disease more than once if you're under enough immune stress, like that second person in the article was reportedly under 

If these two cases plus the hong kong one are what we have after half a year of this and millions of first cases, I can't see why we wouldn't be fine until mutation, given the effective multi-layered immune responses observed in those who get the virus, and the tendency for those T cells to remain in bloodstreams for years. 

Feel free to slap me around if I'm misunderstanding things, woody 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

The initial Hong Kong case the article refers to is quite dubious, from my understanding. His second "case" had zero symptoms and a very small viral load. It wasn't cultured, and if they used a PCR test (I'd bet money they did), the test cannot tell a live fragment of corona DNA from a dead one. And we know that dead fragments stay in your blood stream months after you get the disease. If they're scouring that closely, they should find plenty of "second cases" like this, and even real ones in outlier situations - you can catch any "once a lifetime" disease more than once if you're under enough immune stress, like that second person in the article was reportedly under 

If these two cases plus the hong kong one are what we have after half a year of this and millions of first cases, I can't see why we wouldn't be fine until mutation, given the effective multi-layered immune responses observed in those who get the virus, and the tendency for those T cells to remain in bloodstreams for years. 

Feel free to slap me around if I'm misunderstanding things, woody 

Quite the opposite; I hope you are correct.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, PASabreFan said:

Finally can throw my mask out at the end of my shift instead of brown-bagging it for weeks. And according to news reports rapid Covid tests will be sent to my workplace in two to three weeks. Will believe it when I see  it.

Wait, they still have you reusing masks?! That is ridiculously absurd, considering almost every store is offering masks to customers that forgot theirs, or had their straps break. 

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Surgical masks.

Yes, I went to time Hortons last week and my strap broke as I was putting it on, they had boxes of them and just gave me a new one. Seems wrong that health care workers have to reuse them. The research I've done on masks in general make them a vector of disease after prolonged use, specifically to the wearer.(cloth more than surgical) 

On 9/7/2020 at 10:17 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Yes, I went to time Hortons last week and my strap broke as I was putting it on, they had boxes of them and just gave me a new one. Seems wrong that health care workers have to reuse them. The research I've done on masks in general make them a vector of disease after prolonged use, specifically to the wearer.(cloth more than surgical) 

Bought a bunch of double layered cloth masks for when im not around pts... can wash them...