COVID-19

Indabuff

Just now, Weave said:

In a couple of months the journey to do this may be more like a commute....

Can’t wait. I was painfully close to the two breweries you mentioned this weekend. Mom’s 80th b’day took precedence.

Next time.

And to bring it back on topic, still haven’t hugged her since Jan 5th.

2 minutes ago, Neo said:

You’re on ....   I had a September trip to NYC planned.  Mrs. Neo and I were flying in to visit her girlfriends and their husbands.  We were going to see David Byrne at the Hudson Theater.  I don’t know the status of the trip.   My plan was to find you and go out with you and your brother.  You described his work while I watched The Met  on quarantine zoom.  Or was it Bocelli?  Or both?

This whole thing sux. It’s going to be a party when this is over.?.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Can’t wait. I was painfully close to the two breweries you mentioned this weekend. Mom’s 80th b’day took precedence.

Next time.

I was referring to my likely relocation, actually.  Assuming it happens, I'll be a bit north of you.  Commute was a bit of an exaggeration, but it wouldn't be a journey.

1 minute ago, Weave said:

I was referring to my likely relocation, actually.  Assuming it happens, I'll be a bit north of you.  Commute was a bit of an exaggeration, but it wouldn't be a journey.

I figured that’s what you were talking about. We’ll get North Buffalo to join us. With any luck, he won’t be involve in a second wave.

• Like (+1) 3

4 hours ago, Curt said:

I think the real deal was that it spread all over the world during WWI, wherever it originated from.  Most major countries were involved in the war and suppressed their newspapers from writing about how bad the pandemic was there.  They didn’t want to expose national weaknesses in the midst of the largest war in the history of the world.

Spain on the other hand was not involved in the war and their papers were publishing everything about it when no one else was.  The pandemic became permanently linked to the country putting out the most information about it.

I too read the CDC overview ?

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I don't disagree with any of their recommendations. I'm just sad  that it has come to this point.  Being a UB grad, it seems like the college experience is being diminished.

24 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I don't disagree with any of their recommendations. I'm just sad  that it has come to this point.  Being a UB grad, it seems like the college experience is being diminished.

So many experiences are being diminished.  Turns out that life during a pandemic just isn’t as much fun.  Who knew?!

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Curt said:

So many experiences are being diminished.  Turns out that life during a pandemic just isn’t as much fun.  Who knew?!

I really don't what to say.  On one hand, I want everyone to stay safe.  On the other hand, I want to say "live life".  I'm sad for the youths trying to figure this out.  I remember, in my 20's, I was INVINCIBLE.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I really don't what to say.  On one hand, I want everyone to stay safe.  On the other hand, I want say "live life".  I'm sad for the youths trying to figure this out.  I remember, in my 20's, I was INVINCIBLE.

I very think that this is all something that will change a lot of people.  It may change the way that a lot of young people view the world.

With invincibility, comes responsibility!

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

I never thought that as a 20 year old.  I was balls out all the time.

Yeah, I’m sure most are.  I’m saying that living through a pandemic at age 15-25 might make some young people come to realizations about such things sooner than they otherwise would.

• Like (+1) 1

https://www.sun-sentinel.com/coronavirus/fl-ne-pbc-health-director-covid-children-20200714-xcdall2tsrd4riim2nwokvmsxm-story.html

“They are seeing there is damage to the lungs in these asymptomatic children. ... We don’t know how that is going to manifest a year from now or two years from now,” Alonso said. “Is that child going to have chronic pulmonary problems or not?”

Record number of cases yesterday (or maybe a tie), and the seven day average of deaths keeps going up. Cases starting going up as a seven day average about June 11 and the death figure followed on about July 4. That was to be expected. Unless the curve is flattened again, and we know how we did it once, the deaths will continue to mount.

13 minutes ago, Weave said:

And the Gov of Georgia wont allow the counties and cities to require masks and won’t make that requirement from the Governor’s office.

Georgia is something to behold. I have a lot of thoughts about what is going on there, but they'll just get booted for being political so I won't bother.

23 minutes ago, Weave said:

I guess commentary about state COVID rules is too risque for the COVID thread.  WTF?

I think what kills me is that the current state of COVID is a direct result of politics, so it's essentially impossible to separate the two now and silly to try. 

• Like (+1) 1

I’m not sure if what I read is actually representative of what most of you are living.

But every conversation Americans seem to be having about COVD-19 is political.

Up here, it's kinda like “The doc said this, guess I better do what the doctor ordered” and most of what the doctor ordered has been more about suggestions than rigidly enforced rules.

I’m not saying we’re without the “no one tells me...” or “it’s all a conspiracy types...” but they’re mostly random Facebook posters, not real people I’m dealing with in person.

4 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I’m not sure if what I read is actually representative of what most of you are living.

Up here, it's kinda like “The doc said this, guess I better do what the doctor ordered” and most of what the doctor ordered has been more about suggestions than rigidly enforced rules.

I’m not saying we’re without the “no one tells me...” or “it’s all a conspiracy types...” but they’re mostly random Facebook posters, not real people I’m dealing with in person.

There were three conspiracy types in my office.  One was threatened with losing his severance pay if he didn’t start wearing a mask.  The other two wear them and complain about it at every opportunity.

56 minutes ago, Weave said:

I guess commentary about state COVID rules is too risque for the COVID thread.  WTF?

I wasn't planning on moving your post, but it led inexorably into a couple of others that clearly merited moving, so yours got caught in the draft.

19 minutes ago, dudacek said:

I wouldn't say every conversation about Covid is political -- e.g. most of this thread isn't political -- but there is certainly a substantial amount, which I'm regrettably sure will only increase as we approach November.