COVID-19

Indabuff

1 hour ago, darksabre said:

I've been back in the office for a couple weeks and we have to wear a mask when we get up from our desk. I had to wear one while getting a haircut yesterday. It's all a complete non-issue to me. In fact it's going to be weird when we eventually go back to not having to wear masks. I'm used to it. 

I hate the damn things.  I still haven't unearthed a surefire way to eliminate fogging of the glasses other than wearing the N95 or holding my breath.  Someone suggested putting a tissue at the bridge of my nose.  Apparently it works.  That's exactly what I want to do.  Add to the complexity of it.  Maybe I can spend 10 minutes adding a trim of duct tape around the surgical mask so I can go into the gas station for 9.5 seconds.

Edited by Indabuff
Yes I'm aware I can use a credit card outside

36 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I hate the damn things.  I still haven't unearthed a surefire way to eliminate fogging of the glasses other than wearing the N95 or holding my breath.  Someone suggested putting a tissue at the bridge of my nose.  Apparently it works.  That's exactly what I want to do.  Add to the complexity of it.  Maybe I can spend 10 minutes adding a trim of duct tape around the surgical mask so I can go into the gas station for 9.5 seconds.

But if you stay outside, how will you get a Red Bull & a Slim Jim?

• Like (+1) 1

Mask are probably about to be come mandatory inside public locations around here.  So the news was running a story about the proper use.  Once it was done, they cut back to the reporter who was presenting the whole story.  Take a wild guess where her mask was.  She was actually talking about proper mask usage with her mask pulled down under her chin.  I want to rant about how clueless these people are, but I'm starting to think that they know exactly what they're doing.

2 minutes ago, shrader said:

Mask are probably about to be come mandatory inside public locations around here.  So the news was running a story about the proper use.  Once it was done, they cut back to the reporter who was presenting the whole story.  Take a wild guess where her mask was.  She was actually talking about proper mask usage with her mask pulled down under her chin.  I want to rant about how clueless these people are, but I'm starting to think that they know exactly what they're doing.

Was she inside a public location?

43 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Was she inside a public location?

I get where you are going but, in a piece about proper mask use it is only good sense to be demonstrating proper mask use.

If nothing else, for reinforcement of the message.  It’s a public service.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Weave said:

I get where you are going but, in a piece about proper mask use it is only good sense to be demonstrating proper mask use.

If nothing else, for reinforcement of the message.  It’s a public service.

I want to say she was outside.  But anyway, part of the story was talking about the proper way to remove them and it specifically mentioned not pulling it down your face.

I'm going to see my daughter tomorrow for the first time in almost four months. She's not going to understand that I have to keep my mask on and not be able to hug and rough house with her. They're going to try and make her wear a mask (can't wait to see that.)

It's going to ***** suck.

I can't wait.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

Hockey, and to me sports, just took a massive blow:

Tampa Bay Lightning temporarily shut down training facilities due to multiple cases of COVID-19.

Also 8 Philadelphia Phillies test positive for COVID-19.

Saynora sports till 2021 IMO.

Things are certainly trending towards an extended sports shutdown.  The Blue Jays also closed shop.  

21 Clemson football players tested positive.  

https://www.espn.com/college-football/story/_/id/29336227/21-clemson-football-players-positive-covid-19-latest-testing

• Sad 1

11 hours ago, Doohickie said:

There are no rules in Texas.  Governor Abbott has said in essence, "Work it out for yourselves."

Where the heck is @TrueBlueGED?  He would appreciate this famous quote ... 'I don't know how you guys walk around with those things?'  Seems oddly appropriate in reply to the nonsense of the great (?) State of Texas and it's governor has subjected you folks to.

4 hours ago, nucci said:

seems to be working well

Par for the course, as they say.  Golf clap in .. 3 ... 2 ...1 ...

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

I'm going to see my daughter tomorrow for the first time in almost four months. She's not going to understand that I have to keep my mask on and not be able to hug and rough house with her. They're going to try and make her wear a mask (can't wait to see that.)

It's going to ***** suck.

I can't wait.

That didn’t suck at all! In only three months she grew a couple of inches and is now taller than my wife.

After seeing the number of improperly worn/improperly fitted masks today, I now understand Woody’s reaction up thread. I can totally see how someone who has to wear a mask as part of his profession being completely incensed by what I saw today. It made me cringe.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 3

38 minutes ago, SwampD said:

That didn’t suck at all! In only three months she grew a couple of inches and is now taller than my wife.

After seeing the number of improperly worn/improperly fitted masks today, I now understand Woody’s reaction up thread. I can totally see how someone who has to wear a mask as part of his profession being completely incensed by what I saw today. It made me cringe.

I'm glad you got to visit her and that it went well.

• Like (+1) 2

47 minutes ago, SwampD said:

It must have been awesome to see your daughter after such a long separation.

• Like (+1) 1

I’ve seen some wacky conspiracy theories with regard to COVID-19, but this one is a real doozie.

I did not put this in the Religion thread because he spent quite a bit of time talking about the virus. (However, from a religion standpoint, I really think he’s off his rocker.)

23 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

I’ve seen some wacky conspiracy theories with regard to COVID-19, but this one is a real doozie.

I did not put this in the Religion thread because he spent quite a bit of time talking about the virus. (However, from a religion standpoint, I really think he’s off his rocker.)

As a “Christian,” it only took me about 5 minutes to see where he was going with this. 

I’m sure people thought World War 1 was the end times, as well as the pandemic of 1919 and ensuing depression, World War 2, the Cold War and impending nuclear annihilation, etc etc. It’s always possibly the end times. 

As he quoted from Scripture himself - “I will come like a thief in the night.” Nobody knows. To say you know is contradicting the Word itself. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, spndnchz said:

Why people need to be instructed on how to wash their hands or how to wear a mask is beyond me.  I think some people are much dumber than I thought.

How to wear a mask is the least of the problem.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, spndnchz said:

Why people need to be instructed on how to wash their hands or how to wear a mask is beyond me.  I think some people are much dumber than I thought.

If there’s anything I’ve learned recently, it’s this: you can’t fix stupid, and you can’t fix human nature.

16 hours ago, Andrew Amerk said:

As a “Christian,” it only took me about 5 minutes to see where he was going with this. 

I’m sure people thought World War 1 was the end times, as well as the pandemic of 1919 and ensuing depression, World War 2, the Cold War and impending nuclear annihilation, etc etc. It’s always possibly the end times. 

As he quoted from Scripture himself - “I will come like a thief in the night.” Nobody knows. To say you know is contradicting the Word itself. 

I listened to the whole thing because a friend/HSC wanted my thoughts on this. So I had to give her the benefit of knowing how to answer his asinine stupidity.

The sad part is that he does have an audience.

Ironically, just as he was saying something negative about the whole Bitcoin system in that video, he had it up on his website that he was accepting donations through Bitcoin. Now that, folks, is a special kind of stupid.

3 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

I listened to the whole thing because a friend/HSC wanted my thoughts on this. So I had to give her the benefit of knowing how to answer his asinine stupidity.

The sad part is that he does have an audience.

Ironically, just as he was saying something negative about the whole Bitcoin system in that video, he had it up on his website that he was accepting donations through Bitcoin. Now that, folks, is a special kind of stupid.

Unfortunately, there are a lot of voices that have an audience, and shouldn’t. 

• Like (+1) 1

Finally went to our favorite watering hole near work (we trained the bartender how to make a really good martini.)

There are now stickers on the table with a QR code. You scan it with your iPhone and their menu pops up.

Brilliant.