COVID-19

Indabuff

6 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

PS my cousin Chad just did a reboot of his theme song to Scrubs dedicating to Nurses and frontline workers, with my wife and myself pictured toward the end: 

Very nice...…. I enjoyed it completely! Thanks for posting.

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Hopefully New York barbers and customers are smart enough to both wear masks.

Been told that the retail stores that are being allowed to open are being restricted to curbside pickup & delivery.  Will find out details Friday morning.  If retail (that isn't currently open) isn't allowed to have customers in store, can't see barbershops opening just yet.  Which stinks, 'cause some of us REALLY need haircuts. 

6 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Been told that the retail stores that are being allowed to open are being restricted to curbside pickup & delivery.  Will find out details Friday morning.  If retail (that isn't currently open) isn't allowed to have customers in store, can't see barbershops opening just yet.  Which stinks, 'cause some of us REALLY need haircuts. 

Even the article says that.  Curbside pickup and delivery only.  No haircuts for us ?

10 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Have you tried an in home haircut?

I live alone, and my hair isn't really suited to the #2 clipper treatment.  Plus the part that's bugging me the most is the back of my neck.

10 minutes ago, SABRES 0311 said:

Have you tried an in home haircut?

Like a Flowbee?  

In all honesty I'd give it a shot since I've gotten to the point that IDGAF.  My employer might have a problem with a hack job haircut but desperate times call for desperate measures, no?

1 minute ago, Eleven said:

I live alone, and my hair isn't really suited to the #2 clipper treatment.  Plus the part that's bugging me the most is the back of my neck.

Back of the neck hair drives me ***** nuts!  Especially those goddam hairs down low. If I could get the back trimmed I'd be happy.

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Do it. Post pics.  I need the laugh.

• Haha (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Like a Flowbee?  

In all honesty I'd give it a shot since I've gotten to the point that IDGAF.  My employer might have a problem with a hack job haircut but desperate times call for desperate measures, no?

Back of the neck hair drives me ***** nuts!  Especially those goddam hairs down low. If I could get the back trimmed I'd be happy.

Use a mirror, I did came out good even impressed the wife!!!! Insert winky thingy

There are a few places around town (Buffalo) which are doing curb-side haircuts where the barbers are in scrubs.  I've passed them on Bailey a couple of times recently.

12 minutes ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

There are a few places around town (Buffalo) which are doing curb-side haircuts where the barbers are in scrubs.  I've passed them on Bailey a couple of times recently.

I’ve been getting a haircut every week. Barbers wear face masks and everyone else stays six feet away. Wash my hands and disinfect my phone when I get home. All good.

Edited by SABRES 0311
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

You're in a barbershop with a car around you. And what good do the scrubs do?

Sorry, this is funny.

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

You're in a barbershop with a car around you. And what good do the scrubs do?

Sorry, this is funny.

What do you get when you cross an elephant and a rhinoceros?  Eliphino.

That's what I saw.

17 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Why?  Many of them were not political, such as the posts I responded to and my response to them.

Well, of the 2 posts you responded to, one was unquestionably a domestic political post and the other was an international political post.  Your response looked like a combination of the two.

This thread is better suited for discussion of the virus, its impact on the people here, etc.  Discussion of the government's response (federal or state) to the virus should stay in the politics club.

I'm a hairstylist in FL. My salon hasn't opened up yet, but it probably will in the next 2 weeks. I have never been more afraid than when I go back to work. Even with both client and stylist wearing masks it's incredibly dangerous to be within 6 ft of someone, especially for a prolonged period of time. You know it's bad when nurses are telling you that they're praying for you. 

What makes me doubly afraid is the fact that the hotels here are almost filled with 100% compacity too. 

Edited by StuckinFL
  • Sad 1

12 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Well, of the 2 posts you responded to, one was unquestionably a domestic political post and the other was an international political post.  Your response looked like a combination of the two.

This thread is better suited for discussion of the virus, its impact on the people here, etc.  Discussion of the government's response (federal or state) to the virus should stay in the politics club.

If saying that everyone should be working together for a cure has become unacceptably political, well, we (as people, not as SabreSpace) have really crossed a line.

But thank you for the explanation; I do not share the same view, but thank you nevertheless.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, StuckinFL said:

I'm a hairstylist in FL. My salon hasn't opened up yet, but it probably will in the next 2 weeks. I have never been more afraid than when I go back to work. Even with both client and stylist wearing masks it's incredibly dangerous to be within 6 ft of someone, especially for a prolonged period of time. You know it's bad when nurses are telling you that they're praying for you. 

What makes me doubly afraid is the fact that the hotels here are almost filled with 100% compacity too. 

God bless, and may the odds be in your favour.