COVID-19

Indabuff

17 hours ago, SwampD said:

Why did he get tested? Did he have symptoms?

What were they?

Fever, which we checked every 2 hrs, spiked after 6.  His back hurt also. 

His mom works at ECMC, had her Clovid floor rotation, was diagnosed the day after. 

he showed symptoms before she did.. she has it too.. 5 days from testing positive

14 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

His mom works at ECMC, had her Clovid floor rotation, was diagnosed the day after. 

he showed symptoms before she did.. she has it too.. 5 days from testing positive

Oof. Wishing the best outcome.

• Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Neo said:

A tip of the hat to several of you who’ve quoted me or mentioned me.   Respectful, truly.

For brevity, and to avoid the point - counter point this medium encourages, fosters, facilitates, etc ...

I acknowledge what you just wrote.   I can acknowledge your points without asking a physician if he’s comfortable with the death of millions or suggesting he’s a monster.  Considering what he’s lived for two months, it’s not a stretch to consider the comments somewhere along the continuum between insensitive and cruel.  The comments were wrong as premise and wrong as insinuation, that rare double play that is form and substance, both.

I wasn't asking a physician. I was asking a poster on a hockey forum who said in a previous post things about herd immunity. I was curious to his overall stance. He replied and clarified that stance. I said nothing else to him on that issue. 

However it was not a Neo approved question so it is not Neo acceptable to ask. You're entitled to think it was wrong to ask, however I'm entitled to ask.

Edited by LGR4GM

Lgr.. Wyld has been getting more more frustrated over last couple weeks with what he has seen or not seen as far as the emergency of this disease and its prevalence.  I disagree with him but respect him as a physician and he thru his travels has dealt with much worse than where he was assigned... Southern NY was a different story and the contagiousness of what I have seen make me disagree... but I do so with an understanding of his knowledge.  You poked the bear at a time when he is already frustrated and you are smart enough to know it...

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

In addition healthcare in this country and how it is administered and politicized is a shiiteshow and Wyld is fed up with... give him a break

I didn't poke him. I asked a question. He responded. I didn't say anything else about it. 

Sadly because of Neo, I'm getting dragged into the argument between Wyld and Dark. Funny how that works. 

6 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

I didn't poke him. I asked a question. He responded. I didn't say anything else about it. 

Sadly because of Neo, I'm getting dragged into the argument between Wyld and Dark. Funny how that works. 

And we're not even having an argument. We sorted it out in PMs. 

• Like (+1) 3

23 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

In addition healthcare in this country and how it is administered and politicized is a shiiteshow and Wyld is fed up with... give him a break

He's an altruist.  And the system doesn't work the way he envisioned.  I don't blame him one bit.  

9 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

The question, as it reads, seems a little loaded.  That probably wasn't your intent.  Just one of those instances where words on the Internet seem starker than they are supposed to.

1 minute ago, darksabre said:

And we're not even having an argument. We sorted it out in PMs. 

I'm very glad to learn this.  You guys know each other IRL from meetups and such and so it's good that it's all good.

Edited by Eleven
  • Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Eleven said:

There is a plausible "10,000 foot view" that millions of people are going to die from this anyway, so let's just get on with our lives.  It doesn't mean that people with that view want one of those people to be themselves or one of their loved ones, and it's not born from selfishness.  It's just a plausible view.

That's fair but, several times on these boards people have pointed out that there is a great deal of foolishness, carelessness, and plain disregard for others which is where I don't want those type of people deciding the fate of others. The ones that refuse to wear a mask because they just don't feel like it. Or the ones who won't follow the arrows in the store because they don't feel like walking down one aisle to get to another. Those kind of people in my opinion don't deserve to be spared by herd immunity.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, spndnchz said:

Heart-felt prayers go out for all to be well.

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I wasn't asking a physician. I was asking a poster on a hockey forum who said in a previous post things about herd immunity. I was curious to his overall stance. He replied and clarified that stance. I said nothing else to him on that issue. 

However it was not a Neo approved question so it is not Neo acceptable to ask. You're entitled to think it was wrong to ask, however I'm entitled to ask.

I didn’t think it was out of line.

Woody’s take on all this is certainly,... curious.

I wonder if he would feel the same if he worked at NB’s ER or my niece’s ER (they had 4 and built 7 more. They are all humming right now.)

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

I'm going to make this easier. This thread is not for me. 

In this thread, I get triggered every time I read what some posters type... but it’s sooo not worth (to me) trying to have convos or debates. Everyone is hardcore dug in to their opinions. Debating just turns into insults and name calling. I just observe the educated and not so educated posts. And share the occasional news article about developments or latest info. 

8 hours ago, Zamboni said:

In this thread, I get triggered every time I read what some posters type... but it’s sooo not worth (to me) trying to have convos or debates. Everyone is hardcore dug in to their opinions. Debating just turns into insults and name calling. I just observe the educated and not so educated posts. And share the occasional news article about developments or latest info. 

I agree.  There is no compromise.  More and more people want 100% of what they want...and will not budge or compromise on it.  For example...re-opening the economy.....Some want things locked down until a vaccine is developed..others want everything open right away with no restrictions or masks?  How about a slow re-opening with reading the data that comes from that and having a plan to move forward?  It seems like the 'common sense' middle approach doesn't exist...it has been killed as collateral damage in the crossfire between the 2 opposing sides unwilling to compromise.

• Like (+1) 3

9 minutes ago, mjd1001 said:

I agree.  There is no compromise.  More and more people want 100% of what they want...and will not budge or compromise on it.  For example...re-opening the economy.....Some want things locked down until a vaccine is developed..others want everything open right away with no restrictions or masks?  How about a slow re-opening with reading the data that comes from that and having a plan to move forward?  It seems like the 'common sense' middle approach doesn't exist...it has been killed as collateral damage in the crossfire between the 2 opposing sides unwilling to compromise.

What we did in the U.S. was a common sense middle approach.

7 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What we did in the U.S. was a common sense middle approach.

So far close to it..yes.

I'm talking about what we are seeing and hearing now.  On one side people who want to keep extending unemployment benefits on and on and on with keeping things 100% closed down and not even trying to reopen anything until cases are down close to zero...and on the other side people who refuse to wear a mask even though it might be a local law and are threatening (and shooting/killing) people who try to enforce those laws.  

So far, up to this very point..we probably have taken a middle ground...but there are more and more voices on the extreme of both sides that are shouting louder and louder to be heard....and not just be heard but to take the law into their own hands if they don't get what they want.

Edited by mjd1001
  • Like (+1) 1

23 hours ago, LGR4GM said:

Weird. I have more time to do the things I want. I have spent more time living in the last 2 months than in the previous 2. I have time for walks and to do yard work. Sat outside the other day with a beer and didn't have to worry constantly about what I wasn't getting done. Life slowed down and honestly in some ways it needed. My quality of life right now is pretty good. Better than scurrying to work every day to work a fake 40 hour work week even though jobs can get done in half the time now. There are some lessons to be learned from this and 1 of them is that non manufacturing jobs don't need to keep you locked in an office for 40 hours a week. There's more to life than working. So in the end my "quality" has in many ways improved. 

I just thought of this. Reminds me of the concept of Future Shock by Alvin Toffler. I haven’t read it, but I’ve heard about it.

On 5/6/2020 at 6:25 PM, Indabuff said:

Has the interview with Dr. Judy Mikovits been posted somewhere?  I just watched it and I'm not into conspiracy theories but it was interesting.  Was wondering if anyone has seen it and had an opinion on it.

I read the Wikipedia article about her. If everything in there is true, two things come into play: 1, there’s money to be made in promoting CTs - regardless of the dangers and risks that they pose. 2, she has a serious axe to grind after losing her job (with cause) a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

22 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

I just thought of this. Reminds me of the concept of Future Shock by Alvin Toffler. I haven’t read it, but I’ve heard about it.

I read the Wikipedia article about her. If everything in there is true, two things come into play: 1, there’s money to be made in promoting CTs - regardless of the dangers and risks that they pose. 2, she has a serious axe to grind after losing her job (with cause) a few years ago.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Judy_Mikovits

Been years since I read that probably HS Social Studies... not sure but will need to reread Future Shock

2 hours ago, mjd1001 said:

So far close to it..yes.

I'm talking about what we are seeing and hearing now.  On one side people who want to keep extending unemployment benefits on and on and on with keeping things 100% closed down and not even trying to reopen anything until cases are down close to zero.

Maybe I live in a bubble, but I haven't heard or read one person suggesting we shut down until there is 0 risk.

1 hour ago, Crosschecking said:

Was it as bad as “Friday” by Rebecca Black?

No idea.

8 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Yes, but they're smart enough to have training camp now for when the regular season comes in November.

What do you think they're going to do in November?  Brandish more rifles?  Wave larger confederate flags?

A couple weeks ago there was some word going around about one of the young girls in the neighborhood having covid.  As it turns out, they were scamming people.  This guy is a real winner.  I've always referred to him as white trash and he's taken it to a new level.  The stories around this family (well, two families if you count the home wrecker incident) are so messed up.

3 hours ago, Weave said:

No idea.

I was being facetious. I figured that both were cringeworthy.

As for this Dr. Mikovits and other CTs, why do they come across as being as non-transparent as the very same people they accuse of being? How many skeletons do they have hiding in their own closets?