COVID-19

Indabuff

I may never understand why some people will always find ways to look a gift horse in the mouth. We don’t have to necessarily agree with the core convictions of a charity nor the views of their boss man. But, come on! If you’re going to claim to be inclusive, put your money where your mouth is!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/05/04/corey-johnsons-deranged-slam-of-samaritans-purse-which-only-helped-nyc/amp/

Sheesh! Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

58 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Wow...that is exceedingly rare to kill someone that young...usually you hear about them being asymptomatic or getting COVID-Toes

Unfortunately we are hearing more of this kinda stuff... not a lot, but not insignificant either.

41 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

I may never understand why some people will always find ways to look a gift horse in the mouth. We don’t have to necessarily agree with the core convictions of a charity nor the views of their boss man. But, come on! If you’re going to claim to be inclusive, put your money where your mouth is!

https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost.com/2020/05/04/corey-johnsons-deranged-slam-of-samaritans-purse-which-only-helped-nyc/amp/

Sheesh! Never underestimate the power of stupid people in large groups.

Ridiculous.

On a completely different note, ya gotta love the NYPost. Their stories read like they are actually written by the guy at the end of the bar.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ridiculous.

On a completely different note, ya gotta love the NYPost. Their stories read like they are actually written by the guy at the end of the bar.

I can neither confirm nor deny my employment at NY Post.

• Haha (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Ridiculous.

Would you rather have me cite WND or The Blaze?

32 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

Would you rather have me cite WND or The Blaze?

I don't know what either of those are. Just a comment about how "Nuu Yawk" the writing style is.

3 hours ago, Neo said:

It's going to be a long time before we're going to be able to "rely on" things in any historic or meaningful sense of the word.   I'm not expecting that.   It'd be great if it comes, of course.   I won't look for it before I venture out because it won't be there.   And, to politicians promising or requiring undeliverable certainty, guaranty and safety, I say "a pox on both their houses", pun intended.

In the meantime, there's going to be assumption of risk, individually and collectively, in your home and in your legislative hallways.    Good luck to all!

A return to life with other human beings will require a venturing out amid risk.   The virus is no longer a DNA/RNA strand and the organs are no longer lungs and hearts.   The body is no longer a 44 year old man, or woman.  The virus is now economic calamity and it's spreading and killing.   The organs are businesses and other ways of livelihood.  The body is our community.

Your lives are screwed up, short term.   Unrecognizably different, short and intermediate term.   Unknown, long term.

Now, never underestimate man's ability to fight through something.   We could see tests and vaccines tomorrow, or in months.   I will dance ten jigs.   I'm just not counting on it or expecting it.   If one doesn't count on or expect something, what does one do?    He makes peace with his circumstances and he acts.

Assumption of risk ... I'm ready to walk outside, today.  Admittedly, I have a "tear off the band aid if leaving it on will do little good" mentality.

Just leave on the mask. Social distancing doesn't mean avoiding people and never did. There never was a lockdown. We're not Spain. In supporting business be creative. Place your order on Home Depot's site and have them bring the order out. Leaning in and sniffing hair is out, for now. Welcome to Mrs. Neo's world. (I'm a chrome dome too, so the joke is allowed.) It's such balancing act. If the virus peaks again the economy will suffer. People will put their own stay at home orders in place.

• Like (+1) 1

I get Neo's concerns.  But I also get that every Economist I've read recently has warned that going back to "normal" too soon will be an even bigger hit to the economy than staying like this long enough to keep a COVID dead cat bounce from happening.

• Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I don't know what either of those are. Just a comment about how "Nuu Yawk" the writing style is.

Got it. I apologize for being condescending.

WND is World Net Daily. The Blaze is Glenn Beck’s multimedia company. Both tilt hard to the right, and both have been known to fail fact checks.

• Like (+1) 1

Has the interview with Dr. Judy Mikovits been posted somewhere?  I just watched it and I'm not into conspiracy theories but it was interesting.  Was wondering if anyone has seen it and had an opinion on it.

20 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Has the interview with Dr. Judy Mikovits been posted somewhere?  I just watched it and I'm not into conspiracy theories but it was interesting.  Was wondering if anyone has seen it and had an opinion on it.

I could only get through about 7 minutes of it.  Whew.

24 minutes ago, Weave said:

I could only get through about 7 minutes of it.  Whew.

I know.  Not sure what the angle is or agenda but someone shared it with me.  The original link to it was removed by YouTube but a quick search conjured it up.  

5 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Wow...that is exceedingly rare to kill someone that young...usually you hear about them being asymptomatic or getting COVID-Toes

My nephew has it. He’s 12

still here after 4 days from getting tested. 

• Sad 2

7 hours ago, Indabuff said:

Internet has a couple of them. Which one are you referring to?

10 hours ago, spndnchz said:

My nephew has it. He’s 12

still here after 4 days from getting tested. 

Everything bad is double triple bad when it’s “the kids”.  My thoughts and prayers, which is everything I got, and all I got, at the same time.  I have two daughters that LOVE being Aunts!

13 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

Potential coronavirus vaccine moves step closer toward approval, Moderna says

https://www.foxnews.com/science/potential-coronavirus-vaccine-moves-to-phase-ii-moderna-says

Scary part is we are all gonna be guinea pigs as far a their efficacy goes.  Some may work well but wont really know til folks drop dead and then we will that one is not so good... unless they can be a successful as the polio vaccine.

On 5/4/2020 at 11:44 AM, Wyldnwoody44 said:

The virus will go away once we are immune to it, the longer we do this, the longer it will be around, pretty simple. 

Obviously you don't agree with my take on this and that is fine, we are simply not going to see eye to eye on it. 

Herd immunity works. 

So you are comfortable with several million people dying? Is that correct?

29 minutes ago, LGR4GM said:

So you are comfortable with several million people dying? Is that correct?

We do our best every day to prevent deaths from heart disease, suicide, etc. 

This is not different, we will continue to do our best to prevent Corona deaths, but not at the expense of closing off the world. In the end the disease is going to bear out similar numbers irregardless of what we do, we'll just be prolonging it further while causing other negative effects this way.

I just don't understand the big deal with death, we are put here for a finite amount of time for whatever reason. I firmly believe when it's my time, it's my time. If an avalanche takes me out, a virus, a bee sting, car accident, it doesn't matter, it's over, and I don't get to decide when my time is done. 

Sure there is grieving and some pain with death, but that's part of this life, and so is living and enjoying it. Everyone here that knows me at all, knows that I'm trying to get every last bit of enjoyment out of my time here; I refuse to let a virus change that mentality. It honestly breaks my heart going out in public and seeing people scurrying around like scared little insects, what kind of life is that.

6 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

I just don't understand the big deal with death, we are put here for a finite amount of time for whatever reason. I firmly believe when it's my time, it's my time. If an avalanche takes me out, a virus, a bee sting, car accident, it doesn't matter, it's over, and I don't get to decide when my time is done. 

Sure there is grieving and some pain with death, but that's part of this life, and so is living and enjoying it. Everyone here that knows me at all, knows that I'm trying to get every last bit of enjoyment out of my time here; I refuse to let a virus change that mentality. It honestly breaks my heart going out in public and seeing people scurrying around like scared little insects, what kind of life is that.

Isn't the whole point of medicine, healthcare, modern society, technology, to allow people to get as much out of their lives as possible in the way that makes them happy?

Those people "scurrying around like insects" see this as a bump in the road. They see life beyond the bump.

Just because you'd be satisfied with dying tomorrow doesn't mean everyone else is.

Seek help.

• Like (+1) 2