COVID-19

Indabuff

8 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh contaire,  I hope its positive would explain everything ive gone thru and am coming out the other side.  Itll allow me to treat pts without fear.

I was thinking the same thing. Then the state can grab your antibodies and you’ll help even more on that front. 

• Like (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Oh contaire,  I hope its positive would explain everything ive gone thru and am coming out the other side.  Itll allow me to treat pts without fear.

True that, 

Makes sense, but your body still needs time to recover...

• Like (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

OK then I hope it's positive--but that you recover.

Is your immune system back up to 100%?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Eleven said:

OK then I hope it's positive--but that you recover.

Is your immune system back up to 100%?

So you're wishing Covid-19 on NB? Unbelievable!

(It had to be said.)

I'm starting to hear and read some complexities and uncertainties about this idea of immunity after infection. Number one it's a novel virus and might not behave the way other coronaviruses have, so the length of time someone is immune might not be predictable at this point. Secondly, those who were asymptomatic might not be good candidates for donating their antibodies via plasma. Finally, I even heard — and the dude seemed legit — that although you might be immune, you could still be sub-clinically infected, and there's some question as to whether you could still give someone Covid-19. Fascinating stuff.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

(It had to be said.)

I'm starting to hear and read some complexities and uncertainties about this idea of immunity after infection. Number one it's a novel virus and might not behave the way other coronaviruses have, so the length of time someone is immune might not be predictable at this point. Secondly, those who were asymptomatic might not be good candidates for donating their antibodies via plasma. Finally, I even heard — and the dude seemed legit — that although you might be immune, you could still be sub-clinically infected, and there's some question as to whether you could still give someone Covid-19. Fascinating stuff.

I have fairly high confidence that once infected, even mildly, that you have a very good amount of immunity, 99% and up..... It's simple immunity and pathophysiology and follows similar science to other viruses of this class. This is just gut speak..... Now onto the point of length of immunity and if you can still transmit, those are definitley questions that we need to find solid answers to as those are a bit more of an unknown. I think the incubation period is the real issue here, once you have clinical symptoms and those resolve, my best guess is that your chances of spreading the disease drop significantly. 

There are too many theories floating around out there, a lot of people want to play hero, some may be right, but many are just speculating.... Kinda like me ?

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

(It had to be said.)

I was going to ask this question - back when almost nobody in the west, save a few small twitter accounts, were talking about this as if it would have ramifications for us (late December into early January) and then early in China's struggle, I recall seeing the worry that immunity after infection wasn't the case with this virus. I havent seen anything since that says we are SURE those infected are now immune from getting it again. It really seems that this is an aspect of the virus we don't know much about still, unless someone can link news/studies I've missed 

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

So had a virtual appt with my Doc who said the probable reason for my negative test was that it was too early... full onset of symptoms didnt hit til 5 days later last Wednesday when my fever hit 102.9  The initial low grade fever was just a warning... feeling a bit better but still have a low fever 100.1.  Doc said based on bell curve I should start feeling better in 3-5 days.  Work now wants to test me again tomorrow morning.  Hopefully im on the upswing

3 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

I discharged a Radiology Tech yesterday. 

Mass Antibody Testing for the Country is the best pathway forward to lifting restrictions until a vaccine is in place 

I was supposed to be in Florida on the beach for nine days starting today 

29 minutes ago, Brawndo said:

I discharged a Radiology Tech yesterday. 

Mass Antibody Testing for the Country is the best pathway forward to lifting restrictions until a vaccine is in place 

I was supposed to be in Florida on the beach for nine days starting today 

Covid saved you from melanoma ?? that's all the optimism I got. 

Hopefully this thing will slow down enough to allow a semblance of normalcy soon! 

6 minutes ago, Neo said:

Hillsborough County (Tampa) just enacted an every day 9 pm to 5 am curfew.   Food, bank, pharmacy exception (as I understand it).

That was like a week ago for us. ONLY ESSENTIAL PERSONAL. SYAY HOME. 

And where does nyc go on vacation?

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, spndnchz said:

That was like a week ago for us. ONLY ESSENTIAL PERSONAL. SYAY HOME. 

And where does nyc go on vacation?

I am eating column inches and may have missed things.  Tell me to “scroll up” if thats the case.

I have two kids in Hamburg.   There is no mandatory curfew to their knowledge.  There IS a guideline around essential people and common sense, of course.   They've told me about PAUSE.  Effective today, you can be ticketed/arrested (?) with a misdemeanor in Tampa. 

To add ....  I learned with a cellphone text and a cell phone “robo call” with a robo voice.   Creepy ....  once in a lifetime.

Edited by Neo

I've been working through the whole pandemic.  We make Booze and other assorted goodies deemed necessary.  We just started making hand sanitizer last week.  It's pretty nerve-wracking.  I won't get into details as to why, as I'm pretty out there publicly and I wouldn't want any backlash for me or the company I work for, but I go to work scared shitless every day. I could probably argue to stay at home but all my employees are there and I can't make them work without suffering the same fate.  

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thanks (+1) 1

There are several articles out there now about companies creating devices or have already created devices to sterilize N95 masks. And a lot of em’. They are already in circulation and more getting into circulation everyday. Which is great news!