COVID-19

Indabuff

41 minutes ago, DarthEbriate said:

I'm glad to hear they're all on the mend.

One of my neighbors has a nephew in Tennessee, and he, his wife and all 4 of their young children got it. They've managed to get through without a hospital so far but it's been touch & go. Yesterday 5 of the 6 were finally fever-free.

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My brother has now been moved to ICU, but is stable.

My Nephew is recovering and now my Sister-In-Law is ill.  

This is the worst.  I have feeling helpless.

@dudacek, why is this funny?  EDIT: Thank you for fixing your imogi

Edited by GASabresIUFAN

1 hour ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Prayers to you and your family.  Are they in Georgia?

1 minute ago, freester said:

Prayers to you and your family.  Are they in Georgia?

No NJ.

From what I can gather, he drove to Mizz to pick up my niece at college, but apparently kids there had come back from spring break with the virus.  The odd thing is that my niece hasn't gotten sick.  Within a week both my brother and nephew were very ill.

• Sad 2

8 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

@dudacek, why is this funny?  EDIT: Thank you for fixing your imogi

I did this yesterday on Facebook, I ha-ha-ed a post from my cousin, trying to click the heart reaction, about her deceased mother (my godmother) on the anniversary of her death. I hope I caught it before anyone else saw 

• Haha (+1) 2

3 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

His bring stable is a good thing.  Hoping his and their recoveries are swift.

Will keep them in our prayers.

1 hour ago, Randall Flagg said:

I did this yesterday on Facebook, I ha-ha-ed a post from my cousin, trying to click the heart reaction, about her deceased mother (my godmother) on the anniversary of her death. I hope I caught it before anyone else saw 

It's not funny, but it is. It's a very Curb Your Enthusiasm kind of thing.

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's not funny, but it is. It's a very Curb Your Enthusiasm kind of thing.

And then there's those moments where someone tells a funny story when posting about someone who died.  You want to laugh, that's the intention, but I still don't dare hit that laughing face.

So day four of this crap... though test was negative Im still running a low grade fever, cough and abdominal cramp... living in a hotel room away from family... actually a nice break if I didnt feel like crap...  could be the flu too whatever cant wait till its over.

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

So day four of this crap... though test was negative Im still running a low grade fever, cough and abdominal cramp... living in a hotel room away from family... actually a nice break if I didnt feel like crap...  could be the flu too whatever cant wait till its over.

Well, follow the docs advice and get yourself well.  Glad it looks like you don't have "it."

Interestingly, learned today that hotels are still open.   Makes sense they are, as essential services don't all get performed from near ones homebase.   Wasn't sure if they were or weren't.

Any idea what sort of increased cleaning procedures they now follow (if any)?

16 minutes ago, Taro T said:

Well, follow the docs advice and get yourself well.  Glad it looks like you don't have "it."

@North Buffalo, to echo Taro --- whether your it's the "it" or not, attack it with everything you've got. Wash up, lots of liquids, whatever drugs you like (the health-promoting ones!), whatever placebos are going to work for you, the music you love, things that make you laugh, and on and on. Crush it like Campbell crushed Umberger.  Or in the parlance of our times...  Do what must be done, Lord Buffalo. Do not hesitate. Show no mercy.

32 minutes ago, WildCard said:

New York seems to have reached the top of the curve and is flattening over the passed couple of days. So some good news

“Seems” is certainly the keyword. If the next 2-3 days continue that trend... that’s much needed great apex news. Cautiously optimistic.

6 hours ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

Really sorry to read this.  

2 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Dude is a complete asshat, although I hope he ends up alright

Why is he an asshat? I don’t know anything about him. Or is it purely a political based opinion? Because, let’s not go there since all political parties have a generous share of asshats. ?

We have this woman in our neighborhood who is pleading with people to let her know when they are going to stores.  She says she wants to limit her exposure.  Meanwhile, every single day her kids are out in their front yard playing with 5 or 6 other kids, climbing all over this little plastic slide.  This is the same family who before this started were warning people about keeping a close tab on their kids.  Some people are truly clueless.

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, shrader said:

We have this woman in our neighborhood who is pleading with people to let her know when they are going to stores.  She says she wants to limit her exposure.  Meanwhile, every single day her kids are out in their front yard playing with 5 or 6 other kids, climbing all over this little plastic slide.  This is the same family who before this started were warning people about keeping a close tab on their kids.  Some people are truly clueless.

And the sad thing is and don't get me wrong I don't wish this on anyone, but she won't get it.  Some innocent doing her damn shopping, or one of the kids, will and it won't end well.

Just now, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Enjoying the tour of the new Covid tent just put up.... Hopefully, it won't need much use20200406_135728.thumb.jpg.1063c5f0fc9f2d96c4eb379c0f10081a.jpg

20200406_135718.jpg

20200406_135700.jpg

May God help us all.

Thank you for your service and anyone else who is in some way.

47 minutes ago, shrader said:

Going through this ordeal with a young child sucks.  We have 5 kids next door to us that are outside all the time. My son would be there constantly.  Now he has to watch from the window as they all play, laugh and have fun.  The risks are too high especially with their mom being a Nurse at RGH.  She's contemplating going to NYC to help (I believe they are providing incentive).  I want to tell her for all her kids sake please don't but it's hard to turn away kindness.  

• Like (+1) 2