COVID-19

Indabuff

19 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Good and bad news... test was negative! Boss just called told me said see you Monday ?.  They must be desperate... I am not that good ha.  So whatever I had/have it aint Corona...

None of us believe that. Stay safe.

• Thanks (+1) 2

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Good and bad news... test was negative! Boss just called told me said see you Monday ?.  They must be desperate... I am not that good ha.  So whatever I had/have it aint Corona...

Keep a close eye on your symptoms, there is false negative rate up to 30% depending on the maker of the test. 

We were sending our tests to Quest Labs in Pittsburgh, but the turnaround time was 2-5 days. Strong Memorial gave us a turnaround time of less than 24 hours.  So we repeated the tests on our Inpatient PIUs to speed things up. 

One patient had a negative test from Strong but a positive one from Quest.  So if your symptoms are not improving or getting worse do not hesitate to investigate further. 

Either way it’s great news NB, hope you are feeling better! 

• Thanks (+1) 3

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Keep a close eye on your symptoms, there is false negative rate up to 30% depending on the maker of the test. 

We were sending our tests to Quest Labs in Pittsburgh, but the turnaround time was 2-5 days. Strong Memorial gave us a turnaround time of less than 24 hours.  So we repeated the tests on our Inpatient PIUs to speed things up. 

One patient had a negative test from Strong but a positive one from Quest.  So if your symptoms are not improving or getting worse do not hesitate to investigate further. 

Yeh I was reading that too... most sites say if youve been tested assume you have or had it.  Monitoring everything anyway.

12 hours ago, Brawndo said:

PS I have more energy, still occasional abdominal cramping and Im not a lady so its weird, like when I ran xcross country.  But otherwise my wife is freaked.

Edited by North Buffalo

10 minutes ago, SwampD said:

Apparently, people aren’t hoarding TP. They’re just home.

https://marker.medium.com/what-everyones-getting-wrong-about-the-toilet-paper-shortage-c812e1358fe0

Interesting.

Wait a minute. So they're saying people actually ***** in bathrooms that aren't inside their own home? Jesus, no wonder we have these pandemics....bunch of animals!!!

I have to venture into the big, bad, diseased city this afternoon.  I am not worried since I will not be anywhere that would be a potential problem.  Wish me luck.

If I don't make it out alive for whatever reason ... I love you guys and gals.  It's been a blast.

MUST WIN!!

GO FRONT LINE FOLKS!!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I have to venture into the big, bad, diseased city this afternoon.  I am not worried since I will not be anywhere that would be a potential problem.  Wish me luck.

If I don't make it out alive for whatever reason ... I love you guys and gals.  It's been a blast.

MUST WIN!!

GO FRONT LINE FOLKS!!

Hmmm. Not liking your approach here. Where are the problem areas? How can you tell? Not sure what the guidance is where you live, but keep your distance from people, watch where your hands go and keep your hands clean! (Some of us know where your hands have been.)

Relating this back to M*A*S*H, as always, the ventilator situation reminds me of the search for an incubator. Thar she blows!

• Thanks (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Hmmm. Not liking your approach here. Where are the problem areas? How can you tell? Not sure what the guidance is where you live, but keep your distance from people, watch where your hands go and keep your hands clean! (Some of us know where your hands have been.)

Relating this back to M*A*S*H, as always, the ventilator situation reminds me of the search for an incubator. Thar she blows!

• Like (+1) 2

I am not the biggest fan of our Premier, but I think he is doing a good job leading us through this.  The link below is fantastic ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/stay-the-blazes-home-inspires-music-merchandise-memes-1.5522068

He said the most Nova Scotian thing ... "stay the blazes home" ... in a press conference on Friday.

Edited by New Scotland (NS)
I don't type very goodly ... and spell even worsely ...

When this is all over, when the coronavirus is defeated (post-mass vaccination?), how do y'all feel about a national holiday? VV Day? A day of remembrance, togetherness and celebration and a day to honor healthcare workers, first responders, researchers, anyone who worked in the community during the pandemic. Some combination of Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day... I see it mainly as a total blowout day.

• Like (+1) 2

How about, instead of what we do now, the announcer before every hockey game says, “Please stand and remove your hats to honor the brave men and women of our health care system that fight to keep us alive every day”?

(See you in the politics thread)

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

When this is all over, when the coronavirus is defeated (post-mass vaccination?), how do y'all feel about a national holiday? VV Day? A day of remembrance, togetherness and celebration and a day to honor healthcare workers, first responders, researchers, anyone who worked in the community during the pandemic. Some combination of Memorial Day, Labor Day, Veterans Day... I see it mainly as a total blowout day.

You guys celebrate,  betting most health care workers will just want a vacation and too sleep like rip van winkle... actually most want to do that now.

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

..... Night from hell....I wanna stay comatose until the world stops losing their collective minds. @Brawndocan you hook me up with enough Etomidate to keep me under until June???

Kinda makes that night at the Flying Dog Cafe in Stockholm seem like a dream dinner?

Just remember, you can't fix stupid. Not all of us are lucky enough to have the perspective that this isn't the worst thing ever. For many they've spent their lives tuned out to the fragile nature of the world. They have to process all of this still. It will take time.

30 minutes ago, LTS said:

Kinda makes that night at the Flying Dog Cafe in Stockholm seem like a dream dinner?

Just remember, you can't fix stupid. Not all of us are lucky enough to have the perspective that this isn't the worst thing ever. For many they've spent their lives tuned out to the fragile nature of the world. They have to process all of this still. It will take time.

Man, that was the worst dinner I may have ever paid for ? we shoulda stuck with that BBQ place lol. 

I just wish the media hype would die down a bit, it's unnecessary fueling the chaos. 

• Like (+1) 1

23 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Man, that was the worst dinner I may have ever paid for ? we shoulda stuck with that BBQ place lol. 

I just wish the media hype would die down a bit, it's unnecessary fueling the chaos. 

What else is there to report about?

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

How about, instead of what we do now, the announcer before every hockey game says, “Please stand and remove your hats to honor the brave men and women of our health care system that fight to keep us alive every day”?

(See you in the politics thread)

Would be so much more appropriate.....

2 hours ago, New Scotland (NS) said:

I am not the biggest fan of our Premier, but I think he is doing a good job leading us through this.  The link below is fantastic ...

https://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/stay-the-blazes-home-inspires-music-merchandise-memes-1.5522068

He said the most Nova Scotian thing ... "stay the blazes home" ... in a press conference on Friday.

Be careful if you’re coming to T.O.  I’m also impressed with your Premier.  Ford has done a complete 180 and actually doing a reasonable job himself.  Shocking but there is hope yet.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Can you put some meat on the bone here? Any details on how what you see as hype is creating problems in the hospitals? Are you talking about "worried well" people who show up in the ER thinking they have Covid-19?