COVID-19

Indabuff

2 hours ago, French Collection said:

Hang in there.
This our 14 th day. My wife is going out for groceries, she is craving shopping and seeing other people. We live in the country, so we have only seen a few people at a long distance.

I am an introverted only child, so I have been OK. My son (14) is used to being in school, on multiple teams and hanging with friends. He is having a hard time with the social aspect.

It’s my third week over here, but this is the longest it’s been without another person. It’s definitely wearing on me. I never thought I would wish for a roommate again. 

35 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

If you guys have dogs, take them for walks.  If you don't have a dog, just go for a walk in your neighborhood or in a nearby park if there is one.  You will likely run into other people walking their dogs and can say a quick hello while maintaining a safe distance.  Even that small bit of human interaction is nice.

I really appreciate you saying this. I’ve been walking the dog a whole lot lately. He’s gotten a little annoying about it, he’s beginning to expect it far too much. 

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Crap just checked my temp after my night shift it was 100.4 going to get tested at my other hosp 10am est and be quarantined with my wife who also spiked a fever this am.  She works at anothrr hospital... Neither of us have been touching each other for last two weeks.  Can feel my lymph nodes in my neck they are swollen a little.  Have a headache little soreness in my throat... oh well expected it to happen sooner or later ?

Thoughts and prayers to you. 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I really appreciate you saying this. I’ve been walking the dog a whole lot lately. He’s gotten a little annoying about it, he’s beginning to expect it far too much. 

We have two large dogs and they are getting way more exercise and attention than usual.

We are sleeping well at night though.

33 minutes ago, #freejame said:

I feel like there's a certain kinship among dog owners -- that little smile and "how are you?" that we give each other when the dogs stop to sniff each other is one of life's underrated little pleasures.

2 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

I feel like there's a certain kinship among dog owners -- that little smile and "how are you?" that we give each other when the dogs stop to sniff each other is one of life's underrated little pleasures.

People keep their distance while we carry those little bags of poop. Lol.

12 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

got tested now quarantine pending results in 2-5 days... 2 swaps wtf up each nostril... yuck gonna get some sleep after I decontaminate.

If you need anything, let me know. I’ll take you on my service in a heartbeat 

• Thanks (+1) 1

2 hours ago, North Buffalo said:

Crap just checked my temp after my night shift it was 100.4 going to get tested at my other hosp 10am est and be quarantined with my wife who also spiked a fever this am.  She works at anothrr hospital... Neither of us have been touching each other for last two weeks.  Can feel my lymph nodes in my neck they are swollen a little.  Have a headache little soreness in my throat... oh well expected it to happen sooner or later ?

Best wishes to you and your wife to get well soon! Mind what you have learned, save you what can...  and drink lots of fluids and all those practical things, too.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

got tested now quarantine pending results in 2-5 days... 2 swaps wtf up each nostril... yuck gonna get some sleep after I decontaminate.

Take care of yourself bud.

Edited by darksabre

4 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Where do you draw the line though? It's an unknown virus. They're learning things every day about it. There's no proven treatment, no vaccine. Dr. Fauci, our infectious disease guru, admits to being mystified by the randomness of who gets the sickest and dies. "There's something we're missing," he said.

So, yeah, it sounds ridiculous, but my doctor put me in isolation. I had to order groceries through Instacart. A nice lady did my shopping for me. And you're damned right, I took a Clorox wipe to every item she bought. No offense to her or the many people who possibly touched those items. I've never disinfected a banana before. I'm on the better safe that sorry wagon. If you and others want to be carefree and take your chances, that's great. But the old saying goes that your rights end where mine begin.

Suicide missions are fine, just don't take anyone else with you.

LOL

7 minutes ago, MODO Hockey said:

LOL

I don’t get you.  What do you think about all of this?  You think it’s just a normal flu variant?  You think the experts are lying/wrong?  I honestly don’t get your thought process.

Also, are you in the US?  Sweden?  Things are pretty bad in NYC area.  Do you know anyone being personally affected by this?

Just now, Curt said:

I don’t get you.  What do you think about all of this?  You think it’s just a normal flu variant?  You think the experts are lying/wrong?  I honestly don’t get your thought process.

Also, are you in the US?  Sweden?  Things are pretty bad in NYC area.  Do you know anyone being personally affected by this?

Well to be fair i could't care less about your opinions either. 

Right after I made my post this morning two of my closest friends at work were fired. On the first they were assured they would keep their employment through May. This is all taking its toll on me. I’m really starting to miss the army and the relationships. I’ve found myself reaching out to most of the contacts I have left over the last few weeks. I’ll be taking a few days off at the end of the month to go camping back up in the mountains with a long lost friend of mine. It’s very difficult for me miss the army and be completely alone at the same time so I’m really looking forward to being with someone who understands. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Curt said:

1 hour ago, MODO Hockey said:

Well to be fair i could't care less about your opinions either. 

25 minutes ago, Cascade Youth said:

Yes, thank you for being “fair.”

If you google "Sweden COVID" you'll get links to articles about how it is viewed differently there than it is in a lot of other places.  Maybe it just hasn't hit there yet--if so, I hope it doesn't.

25 minutes ago, Eleven said:

If you google "Sweden COVID" you'll get links to articles about how it is viewed differently there than it is in a lot of other places.  Maybe it just hasn't hit there yet--if so, I hope it doesn't.

Maybe, but that’s also his standard attitude towards anything he disagrees with. It’s not a personal attack, but it certainly isn’t civil discourse.