COVID-19

Indabuff

21 minutes ago, #freejame said:

This ***** sucks. I haven’t had an interaction with another human in person in six days. That’s by no means healthy. 

Hang in there.
This our 14 th day. My wife is going out for groceries, she is craving shopping and seeing other people. We live in the country, so we have only seen a few people at a long distance.

I am an introverted only child, so I have been OK. My son (14) is used to being in school, on multiple teams and hanging with friends. He is having a hard time with the social aspect.

8 hours ago, Eleven said:

This thread is increasing my vocabulary on a daily basis, based upon an average of the last two days.  Thank you.

Dr. Birx threw "bolus" out there at the briefing last night. A bolus delivery of PPE. Dr. Fauci is big on dimunition and obviate.

48 minutes ago, #freejame said:

This ***** sucks. I haven’t had an interaction with another human in person in six days. That’s by no means healthy. 

2 weeks in.  Only in person interactions have been with my wife, and my son for the 1st week.  She’s back in her office so I’m alone all day now.

I agree this sucks.  Necessary, but sucks.

What this "pathetic" virus is doing to society is far worse than the virus it self. 
It will be litterly years and years to come before we even stand on good grounds when it comes to economics but we will
still be hurt for decades. 

Each year people commit suicide for various reasons, world wide around 50.000 people.
I would not be supprised if these numbers will tripple because of what this virus hysteria is doing to the world.
We are all different and the world is filled with weak people, litterly weak and that is just how it is.

What will come in the wake of this pandemic will be enormous, we will prevail but the cost will be h u g e. 
Hope im wrong though!

Damn, I'm over here seeing people every day and I'm sad I can't be quarantined away from the sheer stupidity that I see. If anything, we should learn from this that we need more school days per year for our kids so they don't grow up to be idiots. Critical thinking?... Nope, what's that.... Merica'

All this virus has done is expose just how collectively dumb we are as a human population. 

Rant over 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Damn, I'm over here seeing people every day and I'm sad I can't be quarantined away from the sheer stupidity that I see. If anything, we should learn from this that we need more school days per year for our kids so they don't grow up to be idiots. Critical thinking?... Nope, what's that.... Merica'

All this virus has done is expose just how collectively dumb we are as a human population. 

Rant over 

Could litterly not agree more.

Crap just checked my temp after my night shift it was 100.4 going to get tested at my other hosp 10am est and be quarantined with my wife who also spiked a fever this am.  She works at anothrr hospital... Neither of us have been touching each other for last two weeks.  Can feel my lymph nodes in my neck they are swollen a little.  Have a headache little soreness in my throat... oh well expected it to happen sooner or later ?

Edited by North Buffalo
  • Sad 4

1 minute ago, North Buffalo said:

Crap just checked my temp after my night shift it was 100.4 going to get tested at my other hosp 10am est and be quarantined with my wife who also spiked a fever this am.  She works at anothrr hospital... Neither of us have been touching each other for last two weeks.  Can feel my lymph nodes in my neck they are swollen a little.  Have a headache little soreness in my throat... oh well expected it to happen sooner or later ?

That you would get a flue? most of us do, each year. Just saying.

40 minutes ago, French Collection said:

I am an introverted only child, so I have been OK.

This is certainly easier on us introverts. I have an excuse to stay home and not socialize? Score.

(I don't mean to sound like I'm making light of the situation. Just trying to keep the mood up.)

• Like (+1) 1

22 minutes ago, North Buffalo said:

Not the news I was hoping to see today.  I hope you both get very well very quickly.

Roswell Park may have found something:  https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/02/covid-19-trial-catches-the-eye-of-a-molecular-biologist-native-son/

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Not the news I was hoping to see today.  I hope you both get very well very quickly.

Roswell Park may have found something:  https://buffalonews.com/2020/04/02/covid-19-trial-catches-the-eye-of-a-molecular-biologist-native-son/

I love the fact that a handful of organizations, scientists etc, are coming up with ideas, vaccines, treatments etc... It’s awesome. Hopefully one or two will stick long term.

• Like (+1) 3

46 minutes ago, Wyldnwoody44 said:

Rant over 

I was gonna say this yesterday but elected not to. Your feelings about the rest of humanity (misanthropy, to be fancy) were well established before this pandemic. I think you're just finding ways to reinforce your existing belief. It's not hard to do that. In an ink blot test you can see a monster or a butterfly. Or Mothra. Look for some light today. The sun is out. Easy for me to say sitting here at home.

1 minute ago, PASabreFan said:

I was gonna say this yesterday but elected not to. Your feelings about the rest of humanity (misanthropy, to be fancy) were well established before this pandemic. I think you're just finding ways to reinforce your existing belief. It's not hard to do that. In an ink blot test you can see a monster or a butterfly. Or Mothra. Look for some light today. The sun is out. Easy for me to say sitting here at home.

Sadly I have to try and sleep today as I just got home from that pit of despair they call a care center. I don't hide my overall feelings and there are certainly some good people out there, some good people here on SS for that matter. This pandemic has just reinforced what I've seen prior. Greed, selfishness, idiocy, etc... We are not thriving. 

I may need to take a break, all media, internet, etc. Its difficult considering my current life position. 

Anywho, off to sleep, see y'all on the "bright" side 

• Like (+1) 2

17 minutes ago, Zamboni said:

I love the fact that a handful of organizations, scientists etc, are coming up with ideas, vaccines, treatments etc... It’s awesome. Hopefully one or two will stick long term.

It's one of the bright spots in all this. Science is winning the day. And as much as I've railed against corporate America, industry is doing its part. Not to go all H.W. Bush, but the points of light are shining in this country. People are coming together in so many ways. A crisis always brings a family closer.

3 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It's one of the bright spots in all this. Science is winning the day. And as much as I've railed against corporate America, industry is doing its part. Not to go all H.W. Bush, but the points of light are shining in this country. People are coming together in so many ways. A crisis always brings a family closer.

Either that, or in a rush for a cure, they accidentally create the virus that brings about the zombie apocalypse.

@Wyldnwoody44 -- I would guess that you unfortunately find yourself interacting with people when they are not at their best -- stressed out, frightened for themselves and/or their loved ones, having to wait forever for care in overcrowded medical facilities, etc. 

Ideally everyone would be calm, thoughtful, considerate, kind and prudent under all circumstances, including these, but most people aren't.  Still, I think the vast majority have plenty of redeeming qualities.  I hope you get to experience those as well.

Be well and thank you again for all you do.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, #freejame said:

1 hour ago, Weave said:

2 weeks in.  Only in person interactions have been with my wife, and my son for the 1st week.  She’s back in her office so I’m alone all day now.

I agree this sucks.  Necessary, but sucks.

If you guys have dogs, take them for walks.  If you don't have a dog, just go for a walk in your neighborhood or in a nearby park if there is one.  You will likely run into other people walking their dogs and can say a quick hello while maintaining a safe distance.  Even that small bit of human interaction is nice.

Just now, nfreeman said:

If you guys have dogs, take them for walks.  If you don't have a dog, just go for a walk in your neighborhood or in a nearby park if there is one.  You will likely run into other people walking their dogs and can say a quick hello while maintaining a safe distance.  Even that small bit of human interaction is nice.

We walk every night.  From about 7-5 I am online mostly communicating via webex with customers and colleagues.  It’s a dreary 7-5.

3 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

Local walking trails have been as busy as I've seen them this time of year. Normally it's a very fair weather crowd. It takes almost pristine weather for some of these people to take a walk. March and April? Not so much. So I had the brilliant idea of walking in a hilly cemetery. And, surprisingly or not surprisingly, I wasn't the only one. Very serene, very calming, kind of put everything into perspective. Seeing how many little ones died in the late 1800s and early 1900s was a reminder that we've gotten really lucky in this pandemic in that regard.

1 minute ago, MODO Hockey said:

Well my point was not to mock in anyway, all im saying is these are times for serious overreactions, no matter if it would be true or not.

Where do you draw the line though? It's an unknown virus. They're learning things every day about it. There's no proven treatment, no vaccine. Dr. Fauci, our infectious disease guru, admits to being mystified by the randomness of who gets the sickest and dies. "There's something we're missing," he said.

So, yeah, it sounds ridiculous, but my doctor put me in isolation. I had to order groceries through Instacart. A nice lady did my shopping for me. And you're damned right, I took a Clorox wipe to every item she bought. No offense to her or the many people who possibly touched those items. I've never disinfected a banana before. I'm on the better safe that sorry wagon. If you and others want to be carefree and take your chances, that's great. But the old saying goes that your rights end where mine begin.

Suicide missions are fine, just don't take anyone else with you.

• Like (+1) 1