COVID-19

Indabuff

10 minutes ago, Eleven said:

A friend's SIL now has it and is at Buffalo General.  Strict no visitor policy, not even her husband (my friend's brother).  That would make me crazy if I were her spouse.

That stinks.

Hopefully she recovers quickly and fully.

• Like (+1) 2

11 minutes ago, GASabresIUFAN said:

My brother and Nephew in NJ have the virus.  Not good.  My brother is in the vulnerable group.  

Scary stuff.  Really wishing them the best.

Hoping they recover quickly and fully.

We'll say a prayer for them.

9 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

My sister-in-law and niece are covid-19 positive. She's a nurse, her daughter is 15, one of her other daughters, 20, has symptoms, awaiting results on her. The 15 yr old is currently up at Children's, she's being transferred tomorrow to another hospital.

That stinks.

Hoping that their symptoms aren't severe and they have quick and full recoveries.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Taro T said:

That stinks.

Hoping that their symptoms aren't severe and they have quick and full recoveries.

Not sure on the 15 yr old (Meadow). Mrs. told me an hour ago. The mom (my wife's sister) seems to be holding up. She's 40, so maybe that helps?  But I guess Meadow has the cough and fever. Same with her older sister, who is quarantined at home for now.

One odd thing, I guess it makes sense though, but once Trish (the mom) went in to the room at Children's with Meadow, she wasn't allowed to leave until they both transfer in the morning. I wonder if that's policy.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Not sure on the 15 yr old (Meadow). Mrs. told me an hour ago. The mom (my wife's sister) seems to be holding up. She's 40, so maybe that helps?  But I guess Meadow has the cough and fever. Same with her older sister, who is quarantined at home for now.

One odd thing, I guess it makes sense though, but once Trish (the mom) went in to the room at Children's with Meadow, she wasn't allowed to leave until they both transfer in the morning. I wonder if that's policy.

Brawndo or Woody would know what the local hospital policies are, though don't believe either works at Children's.  (Not positive that neither is affiliated there, but that was my impression.)

Glad that they seem to be doing well for now.  Being young and healthy, the odds are definitely in their favor.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

Hope they recover quickly!

• Like (+1) 1

Prayers to all in the healthcare industry and the patients.

BTW, I'm posting a picture that I just took. This is at the Sysco Hampton Roads near Virginia Beach. I have never seen a normally busy place like this look so dead - even in the midst of a "normal" recession.

20200331_064005.jpg

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

7 hours ago, Taro T said:

Brawndo or Woody would know what the local hospital policies are, though don't believe either works at Children's.  (Not positive that neither is affiliated there, but that was my impression.)

Glad that they seem to be doing well for now.  Being young and healthy, the odds are definitely in their favor.

They are allowing one visitor for pediatric patients, while that patient is a Person Under Investigation (PUI) to decrease the risk of spread, that visitor is not allowed to leave. 

I did a dual residency in Internal Medicine and Pediatrics, it was quite common for family members of pediatric patients  to spend days if not weeks in the hospital without leaving. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

1 hour ago, WildCard said:

I just read 2 months of social distancing (June 1st); Maryland and Virginia have set June 10th as their date.

I'm not gonna make it that long lol 

We are looking at late june over here in the UK. like yourself I am also going to struggle ?

NYC physician successfully using the French treatment:  https://techstartups.com/2020/03/28/dr-vladimir-zelenko-now-treated-699-coronavirus-patients-100-success-using-hydroxychloroquine-sulfate-zinc-z-pak-update/

Last Wednesday, we published the success story from Dr. Vladimir Zelenko, a board-certified family practitioner in New York, after he successfully treated 350 coronavirus patients with 100 percent success using a cocktail of drugs: hydroxychloroquine, in combination with azithromycin (Z-Pak), an antibiotic to treat secondary infections, and zinc sulfate.  Dr. Zelenko said he saw the symptom of shortness of breath resolved within four to six hours after treatment.

Now, Dr. Zelenko provides updates on the treatment after he successfully treated 699 COVID-19 patients in New York. In an exclusive interview with former New York Mayor, Rudy Giuliani, Dr. Vladmir Zelenko shares the results of his latest study, which showed that out of his 699 patients treated, zero patients died, zero patients intubated, and four hospitalizations.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 hour ago, SwampD said:

I still have to work, every day. Most of my time is spent coming up with ways that other people can work from home to not get sick.

At least we get free lunch.

My job has been deemed necessary (yay booze) so I haven't missed work either.  It makes me question a lot of things. I make ok money but we have a lot of employees in the $15-20 range essentially risking their lives to make booze. My moral compass is starting to resemble Marty Byrde's.  

5 minutes ago, WildCard said:

Almost seems too good to be true

What tipped you off?

22 minutes ago, nfreeman said:

None of the people in the study were hospitalized at the time of treatment?

9 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

What tipped you off?

None of the people in the study were hospitalized at the time of treatment?

If you believe the anecdotes, the method of treatment is to prevent the fluid build-up and secondary bacterial infections that get you with the immune system overload.  Prevents the needs for hospitalization is the point of the treatment.  The ventilators help you breathe while you're filled up.  They aren't doing much of anything to reverse fluid build-up.

But the media is in an active campaign to prevent this $20/person treatment from being widespread.  They even banned Rudy Giuliani on twitter and others for making similar awareness posts like our site moderator did.  The media who makes 1/2 of their revenue from pharmaceutical ads.  Yet, detractors of it are standing on a high-ground where the only acceptable course of action is multi-billion dollar multi-year long clinical trials to get some proprietary treatment protocol tested and approved first.

Just silly if you ask me.  They've gotten rid of all the red-tape that turned 20$ ventilators into $5000 devices that are in small supply and exposed medical device industry for the con it is.  Why the hesitation on drugs that if they actually don't work 100%, nobody but idiots drinking off-label fish tank supplies and ODing on it die from it.

Edited by triumph_communes
  • Like (+1) 1

Cuomo just said he'll ask medical staff from upstate to voluntarily work in NYC. He also said no patients have been sent upstate yet.

Now I'm wondering if WNY hospitals might get non-Covid patients from hospitals closer to home that are trying to make room for Covid patients from NYC.

1 hour ago, triumph_communes said:

But the media is in an active campaign to prevent this $20/person treatment from being widespread.  They even banned Rudy Giuliani on twitter and others for making similar awareness posts like our site moderator did.  The media who makes 1/2 of their revenue from pharmaceutical ads.

Can you back up any of these three statements?  Giuliani remains active on twitter, so I know that one is wrong.  How about the other two?

2 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Can you back up any of these three statements?  Giuliani remains active on twitter, so I know that one is wrong.  How about the other two?

They removed his post on this and temporarily banned him. It’s widely reported in the news. 

https://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_5e801cafc5b661492268e789

Edited by triumph_communes