COVID-19

Indabuff

1 hour ago, North Buffalo said:

We are testing like crazy and yeh i guess could be some flu, but symptoms more align with covid including granular infiltrated on chest xrays and CT.  Also some we are seeing with dxs of multiple issues including the flu... wish I could post an example... hippa... 

PS this comedian is hysterical tell me to delete and ill move to political thread 

I mean ... this is "holy, schmoly" funny!

Fort Campbell has deployed soldiers (mostly medical personnel I assume) to New York to assist with the caronavirus crisis.  I believe NYC specifically, but I'm not positive. If anyone has the furtune(or misfortune?) Of working with these people please share your thoughts/feelings/experience. I spent twelve years there and stayed close by after retirement, I'm very curious. 

16 minutes ago, Neo said:

I am agnostic regarding cameras.  They're pieces of plastic, metal and wiring.  I am not agnostic regarding their use.   That approach applies to any tool or implement I can think of.  I'm afraid that school administrators stopped their thinking after your first question.

Or, they thought past it and realized that not all students are able to go to a separate room in a big ole five bedroom house for their classes. They might be stuck at a kitchen table with two other siblings in a one room apartment with two parents that are stuck at home all in the same room and that that would be far less productive.

Not saying they did, but not all administrators are idiots.

1 minute ago, SwampD said:

Or, they thought past it and realized that not all students are able to go to a separate room in a big ole five bedroom house for their classes. They might be stuck at a kitchen table with two other siblings in a one room apartment with two parents that are stuck at home all in the same room and that that would be far less productive.

I don't believe the children's home/learning environment was the concern, nor we're the measures implemented to address it. I think the fear was little Sally mistakenly seeing little Joey's dad with his junk out. At least, that was my take away from Neo's post. 

Just now, Hank said:

I don't believe the children's home/learning environment was the concern, nor we're the measures implemented to address it. I think the fear was little Sally mistakenly seeing little Joey's dad with his junk out. At least, that was my take away from Neo's post. 

A valid concern, if you ask me.?

10 hours ago, Zamboni said:

https://coronavirus.jhu.edu/map.html

latest info and interactive map from John Hopkins...

I like zooming out and looking at the tiny red dots in certain spots, like the one in the middle Greenland.  Then there's one well off the eastern coast of Africa in line with Tanzania and Kenya.  I had no idea there was anything out there.

18 minutes ago, SwampD said:

I get what you’re saying, but I am far less likely to stop “nearly all” because of “not all”.  One room and five bedrooms are different ends of a continuum.  America lives in the middle.  You can see something bad at McDonalds.   This is a debate between common sense and “I can imagine something going wrong”.  The ability to imagine something going wrong is limitless and the instinct to organize 300 million people to avoid it is ... up to each of you.

41 minutes ago, Neo said:

I get what you’re saying, but I am far less likely to stop “nearly all” because of “not all”.  One room and five bedrooms are different ends of a continuum.  America lives in the middle.  You can see something bad at McDonalds.   This is a debate between common sense and “I can imagine something going wrong”.  The ability to imagine something going wrong is limitless and the instinct to organize 300 million people to avoid it is ... up to each of you.

It's been a loooong time since the middle set policy.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Yeah, but what she did isn't merely dumb.

It's that constant desire for viral video attention that we see way too often.  The idiots opening ice cream containers and licking them.  It's the same exact thing, just done at the worst possible time.  They think they're being funny but they're just idiots.  I'm content counting it as dumbassery.

And yes, I just wanted to say dumbassery.

3 minutes ago, shrader said:

It's that constant desire for viral video attention that we see way too often.  The idiots opening ice cream containers and licking them.  It's the same exact thing, just done at the worst possible time.  They think they're being funny but they're just idiots.  I'm content counting it as dumbassery.

And yes, I just wanted to say dumbassery.

Every time these things happen, I think we need to change the Idiocracy counter.  Similar to the Doomsday counter, but this one counts down towards us fully realizing Idiocracy.

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Every time these things happen, I think we need to change the Idiocracy counter.  Similar to the Doomsday counter, but this one counts down towards us fully realizing Idiocracy.

Only if she poured gatorade all over the produce... closest thing we have to brawndo (not you @Brawndo)

• Haha (+1) 1

And now Wegmans and Tops will be installing some sort of plexiglass shield at the checkout counters to keep the cashiers away from the customers.  

Had we been able to assume people would think about the well being of the people around them, they likely could've forgone this effort & expense.

45 minutes ago, Taro T said:

And now Wegmans and Tops will be installing some sort of plexiglass shield at the checkout counters to keep the cashiers away from the customers.  

Had we been able to assume people would think about the well being of the people around them, they likely could've forgone this effort & expense.

Lexington Co-Op (small grocery around the corner from me) has had those up for a little while now.