COVID-19

Indabuff

5 minutes ago, Weave said:

When this whole thing was just starting we bought a bulk pack of TP just in case we ended up under quarantine and couldn't get out.  I didn't think about hand sanitizer, and now I can't find any (not that I looked hard.  I'm not making extra stops).  I would have loved a bottle of hand sanitizer in my vehicle when I came out of the store.  Time to fire up the Google machine and find a recipe.

I have a small bottle of hand sanitizer in my vehicle.  That's for the instance of making a trip to the store.  Other than that it's soap, soap and more soap around the house. 

Also, wipes are convenient but 409 or similar products and paper towel/ rags do the same thing.  I think too many people have honed in on sanitizer/wipes when in reality they have an abundance of disinfecting products they forget about kicking around the house.

Edited by Indabuff
Not a direct response to you Weave, general observation around the playground

36 minutes ago, Weave said:

Just returned from grocery shopping.  What a stressful experience.  I'm somewhat anti-social normally.  This was a different kind of stress though.  I just felt like I needed to rush in and rush out as more of a survival mechanism.  Everyone was glancing at everyone else with a look of distrust.  Almost no eye contact.  It was very different than the usual western NY friendliness that is usually apparent.

At least toilet paper is back on the shelves.  Meat and frozen foods, not a chance.

The BJ's we go to had someone at the door dosing out hand sanitizer to everyone that came in, and hit every shopping cart handle with a Clorox wipe.  Of course, they were also sold out of sanitizer and Clorox wipes......

When this whole thing was just starting we bought a bulk pack of TP just in case we ended up under quarantine and couldn't get out.  I didn't think about hand sanitizer, and now I can't find any (not that I looked hard.  I'm not making extra stops).  I would have loved a bottle of hand sanitizer in my vehicle when I came out of the store.  Time to fire up the Google machine and find a recipe.

160 proof of whatever and aloe

11 minutes ago, French Collection said:

That’s why a lot of stores are out of aloe cream.

We have gallons of isopropyl alcohol at work, I never thought about bringing a small bottle home.

You must not have a lot of “vase” cleaning to do at home. 

6 hours ago, Weave said:

Twitter post I came across this morning.  This guy is an epidemiologist associated with Harvard and John Hopkins.  Look at the graph for the US.  So far it is steeper, longer than any other country on that graph.

Eric Feigl-Ding

One thing to keep in mind about the US rate of infection is that testing was delayed due in not an insignificant degree to problems with the blanks from the initial batch of test kits administered by the CDC.  

So, since initial testing was delayed, it makes sense that the cases appear to be spiking now.  Hopefully that curve levels out significantly soon now that testing is available and the public is very aware about this disease. 

• Like (+1) 1

Also, if anyone in NYS is curious whether their business is considered essential or not, the Empire State Development website has the list of what is essential and how to ask for a waiver.  

esd.ny.gov/guidance-executive-order-2026 

Garbage in garbage out. Just like hockey statistics, stop getting all antsy about incomplete, severely flawed datasets. 

It’s telling how the entire media is doing everything they can to silence hydroxychloroquine hopes.  Data is incomplete, but it’s hilarious how quickly the same people will throw out the initial trial datasets while simultaneously crying about the sky is falling due to Infection/mortality rates.

Edited by triumph_communes

4 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Serious question:  Are office supply stores and electronics stores "essential"?  I need to get a cable modem ASAP and Amazon will take at least a week to get it here, even with Prime.

Staples or Best Buy ... leave now.

6 minutes ago, Eleven said:

Serious question:  Are office supply stores and electronics stores "essential"?  I need to get a cable modem ASAP and Amazon will take at least a week to get it here, even with Prime.

What about Guitar Center?

14 minutes ago, Eleven said:

As they are suppliers to essential businesses, I'd expect that they are also considered essential.

I posted the link up thread to the official listing of what businesses are considered essential.