COVID-19

Indabuff

3 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

Thanks for pointing that out. I didn't even take Italy into consideration.

I deleted that post.

The only thing my country did right is Isolate the elderly really fast, still 50% of people in hospital are under the age 50 at the moment.   Can you Imagine like in Italy have to take old people of the respirators to save the young ones.

Everyone severely sick over 60, they don't even bother anymore.   They just hope they pull out of it but all treatment goes to young people with better survival chances.

Edited by Huckleberry

54 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

So, I did some reading last night and this all day today at work Swamp (since work was at a stand still since they sent ALL of the engineers home, not for 2 weeks either, but all but 2 indefinitely, and there are a good number of engineers at Oxy). I will be the first to admit when I am wrong, and in this case, it's looking more and more like you are in fact correct.

Understand, I'm not a conspiracy theory type guy, I just try to follow events as they are reported or as some personal connection has spoken to me on it. But, my acquaintance in Japan, and several others, sent me some very interesting reads. As I was going through them, I fact checked, to the best that I could, as much as I could.

I've come to the conclusion, something isn't adding up here. Below I will copy and paste an example of one of them from a friend I've known for 25 years, he's an educated professional, he's level headed, but even he's questioning WTF is going on.

<snip>

Please tell me you don't believe what you're reading there. Please.  And if you do, please tell me you've never reproduced.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

The only thing my country did right is Isolate the elderly really fast, still 50% of people in hospital are under the age 50 at the moment.   Can you Imagine like in Italy have to take old people of the respirators to save the young ones.

Everyone severely sick over 60, they don't even bother anymore.   They just hope they pull out of it but all treatment goes to young people with better survival chances.

I'm cognizant that I still have my quirks when it comes to social graces (online and in person). But I am open to correction.

Just now, JujuFish said:

Please tell me you don't believe what you're reading there. Please.  And if you do, please tell me you've never reproduced.

I don't read in to the plot line, I merely check the individual fact references to see if there is any truth to them. But, I appreciate your concern for my reproductive history. I have 4 children, 2 boys, 2 girls, ranging in age from 28 to 15. If that truly scares you, I fear for you. Anyone who attempts to minimize the ability of others to ask questions or share some information is truly a scary individual. Please tell me you've never reproduced.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Scottysabres said:

Many of them are in fact, interesting reads Huck. Something I find myself asking over and over again is why do these global pandemics seem to consistently appear from out of the Wuhan to Hong Kong central China Corridor since 2003, yet, before that year, there is nothing I can find on these type of virus's on any serious note. To myself in any event, that is sending red flags up all over the place in my mind. I'm not saying these aren't random events, but in all of these cases, there is some circumstantial evidence to warrant further investigation of the situation. Something's not adding up here IMHO.

SARS originated in Guangdong province  (not that near Wuhan but in China) in 2003. Other than that, what pandemics do you refer to?

MERS came from the Middle East

Swine Flu from the US

Ebola from Africa

A couple of flus came out of Asia in the 50's -60's, but in-between then and now HIV also came out of Africa. 

So it does all add up: this is all the work of an unholy alliance between The Pope, The Queen of England, and the original multinational tycoon, Colonel Sanders. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I don't read in to the plot line, I merely check the individual fact references to see if there is any truth to them. But, I appreciate your concern for my reproductive history. I have 4 children, 2 boys, 2 girls, ranging in age from 28 to 15. If that truly scares you, I fear for you. Anyone who attempts to minimize the ability of others to ask questions or share some information is truly a scary individual. Please tell me you've never reproduced.

First, the reproduction line is a joke.  That was obvious to me, but if not to you, then I apologize.

Second, what individual fact references?  Where are the sources for any of it? From the very first line, I see no source that shows either Gates or Obama is associated with PANDEMIC at all.  When you're being lied to from the very first line, how are your hackles not raised?  Look at easily fact-checkable bits, like the H1N1 numbers, which are literally 4 times the actual number of US deaths.  Bill Gates isn't from Kirkland, WA, and the reason there were so many deaths is because it spread in an elderly facility, where the virus is most deadly.  This article is so blatantly full of lies that it amazes me anyone would fall for this.  Even the most basic critical thinking would eliminate any trust in what you're reading.

• Like (+1) 3

7 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

First, the reproduction line is a joke.  That was obvious to me, but if not to you, then I apologize.

Second, what individual fact references?  Where are the sources for any of it? From the very first line, I see no source that shows either Gates or Obama is associated with PANDEMIC at all.  When you're being lied to from the very first line, how are your hackles not raised?  Look at easily fact-checkable bits, like the H1N1 numbers, which are literally 4 times the actual number of US deaths.  Bill Gates isn't from Kirkland, WA, and the reason there were so many deaths is because it spread in an elderly facility, where the virus is most deadly.  This article is so blatantly full of lies that it amazes me anyone would fall for this.  Even the most basic critical thinking would eliminate any trust in what you're reading.

"Germans?". "Forget it, he's rolling."

38 minutes ago, JujuFish said:

And my reproduction line wasn't a joke? That was obvious to me, but if not you, then I apologize.

I openly stated I ignored the "plot" or "story" line of the article and found interesting facts in the read. And there are other writings out there that have some facts in them as well.

Meaning, I ignored the Gates/Obama are destroying the world scenario. I thought when I said I ignored the "story plot line" that was obvious, apparently it wasn't.

44 minutes ago, Sakman said:

SARS originated in Guangdong province  (not that near Wuhan but in China) in 2003. Other than that, what pandemics do you refer to?

MERS came from the Middle East

Swine Flu from the US

Ebola from Africa

A couple of flus came out of Asia in the 50's -60's, but in-between then and now HIV also came out of Africa. 

So it does all add up: this is all the work of an unholy alliance between The Pope, The Queen of England, and the original multinational tycoon, Colonel Sanders. 

Since Ebola was not a global pandemic, I never looked at it.

Swine Flu I knew to be out of the US.

Mers I knew as well.

SARS yes. I should have included beyond 2003.

https://www.history.com/news/china-epicenter-of-1918-flu-pandemic-historian-says

Since Ebola was not a global pandemic, I never looked at it.

Swine Flu I knew to be out of the US.

Mers I knew as well.

SARS yes. I should have included beyond 2003.

https://www.history.com/news/china-epicenter-of-1918-flu-pandemic-historian-says

Proximity to wildlife seems to be a common theme. Breathing in their feces (hantavirus in Mexico/US Southwest from rodents, Ebola from bat guano (maybe?), etc). or killing, preparing, and eating them is a good way open up the cross species transfer gateway. There are a whole lot of Chinese in the world and they eat more exotic stuff than just about anyone. 

I just included Ebola as it was highly contagious and spread across multiple countries. It kills people so thoroughly it burns out. Read Richard Preston's "The Hot Zone" for an absolutely harrowing account of when Ebola ended up in the US via lab monkeys in Reston, VA. That book came out in 1994. 

• Like (+1) 1

And my reproduction line wasn't a joke? That was obvious to me, but if not you, then I apologize.

You paste a bunch of almost parodic hogwash it's so bad, get rightfully called out on it, back track, and then act all salty. Cool.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, nfreeman said:

Whoa -- I just read the stuff that @Scottysabres pasted.  That is from outer space. 

@Scottysabres -- eeeeeeeesssshhh.  This is not the hill to die on. 

Did you do anything about it?  It's brazenly political.  And, frankly, dangerous.

34 minutes ago, shrader said:

That’s putting it mildly. That garbage has absolutely no place here. I’m amazed the post is still here. 

I'm not.

• Like (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Eleven said:

Did you do anything about it?  It's brazenly political.  And, frankly, dangerous.

Exactly. Why does this stuff get to stay here while I got warned by nfreeman that I'd be suspended just for critiquing the government response in a couple sentences - which was completely factual.  The biases of some of the moderators and the arbitrary enforcing of "rules" is total bs here.  

No doubt I get booted for this now. Well, hardly matters, no hockey anyway. Whatever.

Wash your hands. 

16 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So, I did some reading last night and this all day today at work Swamp (since work was at a stand still since they sent ALL of the engineers home, not for 2 weeks either, but all but 2 indefinitely, and there are a good number of engineers at Oxy). I will be the first to admit when I am wrong, and in this case, it's looking more and more like you are in fact correct.

Understand, I'm not a conspiracy theory type guy, I just try to follow events as they are reported or as some personal connection has spoken to me on it. But, my acquaintance in Japan, and several others, sent me some very interesting reads. As I was going through them, I fact checked, to the best that I could, as much as I could.

You're weird. Not sure what your angle is.

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Scottysabres said:

So someone explain to me why I get a suspension warning for commenting on something one of your chief medical officers said in public, but this rubbish gets to be propagated and continue?  Anyone? I mean this is harmful nonsensical rubbish with a clear political agenda. But I get a warning and my short post deleted for saying I'm concerned over the government's failures in quick response.  So wtf? Come on moderators be fair. 

• Like (+1) 2