NBA Season Suspended - Can the NHL Be Far Behind?

GASabresIUFAN

My son and I were going to the Raptors game on Saturday. Mixed emotions but I am happy it is cancelled. We got the tickets for Christmas and were looking forward to this trip. I was getting anxious over the last few days of being in a big crowd like that as cases were increasing in Toronto.

Be safe folks!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Rudy Gobert

https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-thunder-rudy-gobert-ruled-questionable-days-after-touching-mics-to-make-a-point-about-coronavirus-201553536.html

Irony

"At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders."

Yeah I saw that. It was an awkward chuckle but I chuckled nonetheless. He probably feels like the worlds largest jackass now. 

11 minutes ago, Ogre said:

Rudy Gobert

https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-thunder-rudy-gobert-ruled-questionable-days-after-touching-mics-to-make-a-point-about-coronavirus-201553536.html

Irony

"At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders."

The ignorance North America has had to this virus from the beginning all the way up to today has been both disturbing and maddening.  

43 minutes ago, French Collection said:

My son and I were going to the Raptors game on Saturday. Mixed emotions but I am happy it is cancelled. We got the tickets for Christmas and were looking forward to this trip. I was getting anxious over the last few days of being in a big crowd like that as cases were increasing in Toronto.

Be safe folks!

This just sux.  I hope you are able to get a refund and that you are able to make a different father-son moment.

6 minutes ago, bob_sauve28 said:

canned goods 

Go freeze dried. Years ago in my bush whacking/hiking/survivalist experiments, I dehydrated a good many food items and reconstituted in the field for decent meals. I’ve even successfully dehydrated ground beef. As I’ve aged and became busier I switched to the freeze dried. I picked up a three day kit 10 yrs ago that I had hoped to never need. I figured that would be my grab-n-go kit in a last ditch effort....ten years later I think it may be more reasonable to just accept my fate, whatever that may be at the moment.

• Thanks (+1) 1

12 hours ago, MattPie said:

Maybe, but really you don't want to cut it short and have it spring back up.

30 days is the estimated maximum period of quarantine (I think I misused the term isolation above). That's because it's essentially impossible to do more.

This isn't about stopping it; it's about slowing it down. There is no stopping it. Angela Merkel (sp?) of Germany stated that ~70% of all Germans will contract the virus. The questions is, over what period of time will those infections occur.

1 hour ago, That Aud Smell said:

30 days is the estimated maximum period of quarantine (I think I misused the term isolation above). That's because it's essentially impossible to do more.

This isn't about stopping it; it's about slowing it down. There is no stopping it. Angela Merkel (sp?) of Germany stated that ~70% of all Germans will contract the virus. The questions is, over what period of time will those infections occur.

Contract it or be exposed to it? There are some scary estimates about the percentage of people who will be exposed to it (but not necessarily get infected by it, I assume).

1 hour ago, PASabreFan said:

Contract it or be exposed to it? There are some scary estimates about the percentage of people who will be exposed to it (but not necessarily get infected by it, I assume).

It's expected to be 10-15 times greater than regular seasonal flu.

In terms of everything, illnesses, deaths, etc.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.