NBA Season Suspended - Can the NHL Be Far Behind?

GASabresIUFAN

NHL will definitely follow suit with NBA. It’s beyond them (owners) and their money grubbing hands. US and Canadian Governments Federal,State/Provincial & Municipal won’t tolerate it. It’s Over for awhile.

Edited by KC Scouts

Just now, #freejame said:

To me this doesn’t sound positive. I bet they want to have a plan in place for the playoffs and rest of the season before cancelling. Or maybe inform teams last game will be X date. 

Maybe let teams all get to the same # of games played. Damn, the Sabres were about to go on a run and catch the Leafs, too!

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, MattPie said:

Maybe let teams all get to the same # of games played. Damn, the Sabres were about to go on a run and catch the Leafs, too!

Yeah I was thinking something along these lines. If you have a chance to qualify you get to play catch up but everything else is cancelled. 

Wow. But yes -- the NHL will have to follow suit, there's a lot of stadium/locker room crossover there. Here in Seattle it's already pretty wild (a usual 1 hour commute is in 30 minutes, or pretty much no slow downs whatsoever), so it is only a matter of time until lockdowns are pretty much mandatory for our population to wait it out.

Just now, DarthEbriate said:

Wow. But yes -- the NHL will have to follow suit, there's a lot of stadium/locker room crossover there. Here in Seattle it's already pretty wild (a usual 1 hour commute is in 30 minutes, or pretty much no slow downs whatsoever), so it is only a matter of time until lockdowns are pretty much mandatory for our population to wait it out.

I didn't think of that; I'll have to get the new battery in my bike if the roads are empty. ?

16 minutes ago, That Aud Smell said:

An educated guess: In the next 10-14 days, give or take, most U.S. populations will be directed to isolate themselves for a ~30-day period. That’s the only way to flatten the curve.

Good call. 30 days seems long, though?

33 minutes ago, #freejame said:

There is an infected player.

Rudy Gobert

https://sports.yahoo.com/jazz-thunder-rudy-gobert-ruled-questionable-days-after-touching-mics-to-make-a-point-about-coronavirus-201553536.html

Irony

"At a press conference Monday, Gobert attempted to make a point about overreaction and fear by touching everything in sight before he left. He leaned over and touched all of the microphones and recorders."

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.