OT: March Madness

WildCard

6 minutes ago, CallawaySabres said:

I edited to say Chinese government can rot in Hell as that was what my intention was to begin with....and i hope they really do rot in hell

Imagine what it would take to keep 1.4 billion Americans from screwing the pooch. That's what they get to deal with.

I actually think 1.4 billion Americans would be way worse.

2 hours ago, Weave said:

The biggest problem I see with America today is that we stopped trusting our scientific community and decided that we know better.

America lives on Mt. Stupid. We see it every day. People sit on their couches and think they can pontificate correct answers that normally come from the effort of 1000s and the careers. 

If people do nothing in life, just figure out how to get off of mount stupid. Figure out that you’re probably not in the upper 95% of the bell curve. Figure out that experts may know more from their lifelong learning than you do from your couch.

18BB0338-3089-443B-A692-84CC37334F43.png

• Like (+1) 2

7 minutes ago, SDS said:

America lives on Mt. Stupid. We see it every day. People sit on their couches and think they can pontificate correct answers that normally come from the effort of 1000s and the careers. 

This site and it's contents are a prime example of every day people with only casual knowledge convinced that they know more than career experts.

I'm guilty of it at times.

16 hours ago, Weave said:

This site and it's contents are a prime example of every day people with only casual knowledge convinced that they know more than career experts.

We have a lot of information from a lot of *experts* that come to us daily with advice and knowledge ( stats) and more often than not their opinions vary greatly.

A person processes it and deals with it, depending on which expert you think is right that person is either an idiot or a genius.

On 3/11/2020 at 9:47 PM, Weave said:

....and which is why so many here want Jbot fired so that we can start again for the 5th time in this rebuild. ?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.