GDT:Caps at Sabres 7pm MSG, WGR

Eleven

10 hours ago, Tondas said:

Jack is injured and playing through it.  I think it's a sports hernia type thing that he'll have to get fixed in the off season.  I give him credit for playing through it in a lost season. That will go a long way in the locker room and it's what a good leader does.

i can only speculate obviously but I doubt it's a sports hernia. That would show more in his skating. This seems like more of an upper body strength type of thing. Best case (since it basically just needs rest and conditioning to heal over time) intercostals or ribs as I mentioned. Worst a shoulder rotator cuff type thing. point being since he can't take draws properly it's likely related to strength in pulling backwards or a twisting motion. He seems to be skating fine straight on. But who knows, could be multiple things. 

8 hours ago, matter2003 said:

I have no idea how he is playing with an intercostal muscle strain if that is indeed the case...I ended up going to the ER for it due to using crutches for about 3 weeks and it was so bad that I couldn't even hardly take a breath....it was the only time in my life that I thought about whether it would be better just not to breathe anymore.

We still seem to let in a bad or crazy goal every game...I have often wondered how is it teams always seem to score goals against the Sabres that bounce off a player in front, or get some crazy bounce that the Sabres themselves never seem to score?

intercostal issues can vary a lot in terms of how badly they are pulled, strained, or torn. Yours might have been torn and his might only be pulled, which sounds like nothing, but there's not much they can do for them and to heal properly it takes weeks and weeks of rest and then for an athlete physio for weeks after that.  

3 hours ago, Huckleberry said:

One of the best PP goals I seen this year, I knew the moment the puck went to Dhalin it was going back to Eichel, and you could just see all the caps on the ice trying to follow but getting gassed.

May be good for this year but it's still not good.  The most effective power plays have quick puck movement and lots of shots.  Sabres are too tentative and generally give the opposition time to defend most shots they take.

6 hours ago, Tondas said:

They really did have great puck movement on that PP.  Need to see much more of that.

Was telling my wife it looked good because that’s what’s our entire PP has always been setup to do, and it’s more on the Capitals being apparently lazy and not scouting/prepping for the Sabres and preventing the lateral pass like every other team has since the first month of the season. 

6 hours ago, Ross Rhea said:

I know but Kahun seems better than ERod and Sheary combined. I cant believe Pitts GM lost that trade that bad.

Well, it’s far to early to tell but we know that ERod is marginal.  Sheary was at one time a solid contributor with Crosby and that is what they are hoping for.  

Kahun is a work in progress but he sure seems to work well with other Euro style players like Olofsson and Johansson.   

21 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

May be good for this year but it's still not good.  The most effective power plays have quick puck movement and lots of shots.  Sabres are too tentative and generally give the opposition time to defend most shots they take.

I dissagree with lots of shots, PP with lots of shots usually don't creat openings and are just shooting for luck.   The one we scored was actually creating an opening.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.