Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Brawndo

Media will no longer allowed in NHL Locker Rooms

Recommended Posts

Team hoping to get the virus so they don't have to play for the rest of the season?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just have the media wear hazmat suits.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, TrueBlueGED said:

If I never heard another player, coach, or GM speak publicly again in any forum, my enjoyment of sports might actually increase. All anyone ever does is spew cliches or straight-up lie. 

We've seen the stupid levels of damage that this could prevent firsthand, too

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Brawndo said:

Apparently it maybe phased in over the next 48 hours. 

The initial report about an absolute ban was incorrect, according to the league. The statement the league put out gave teams the discretion as to what to do.

Quote
Earlier in the day, the NHL issued a statement that said teams could use their own discretion as far as the status of their locker rooms.

Early Saturday night, NHL commissioner Gary Bettman held a press conference and confirmed that the league, for now, is leaving a policy on locker rooms up to the individual teams.

https://www.burlingtoncountytimes.com/sports/20200307/flyers-keeping-locker-room-open-to-media---for-now

The story also has talk about whether attendance at games might be "limited."

Edited by PASabreFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

We've seen the stupid levels of damage that this could prevent firsthand, too

ROR? That was a locker cleanout day, I think. I think he would have still said the same thing had they taken the press availability to a conference room.

I'm surprised at support for kicking out the reporters. There's a whiff of "Merica 2020" in that opinion. Sure, most of what is said is hockey drivel, but sometimes you learn something. Sometimes there's true emotion. People get mad and tell the truth. We learned about Eichel from his early lockerroom interviews. There's fun. Lindy throws a shaving cream pie, etc. etc. Drew Stafford is seen wearing the celebratory fur coat. Rob is in the background picking off an imaginary goatee and hanging it up on the stall's hook.

The best argument for keeping it, I don't blame any fan for forgetting: SOMETIMES YOU WIN BIG GAMES, EVEN PLAYOFF GAMES, AND THE INTERVIEWS ARE JOYOUS, MUST SEE TV.

I know I have @Neo on my side here.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

ROR? That was a locker cleanout day, I think. I think he would have still said the same thing had they taken the press availability to a conference room.

I'm surprised at support for kicking out the reporters. There's a whiff of "Merica 2020" in that opinion. Sure, most of what is said is hockey drivel, but sometimes you learn something. Sometimes there's true emotion. People get mad and tell the truth. We learned about Eichel from his early lockerroom interviews. There's fun. Lindy throws a shaving cream pie, etc. etc. Drew Stafford is seen wearing the celebratory fur coat. Rob is in the background picking off an imaginary goatee and hanging it up on the stall's hook.

The best argument for keeping it, I don't blame any fan for forgetting: SOMETIMES YOU WIN BIG GAMES, EVEN PLAYOFF GAMES, AND THE INTERVIEWS ARE JOYOUS, MUST SEE TV.

I know I have @Neo on my side here.

I quoted True, who was talking about never hearing another word from a professional athlete 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

ROR? That was a locker cleanout day, I think. I think he would have still said the same thing had they taken the press availability to a conference room.

I'm surprised at support for kicking out the reporters. There's a whiff of "Merica 2020" in that opinion. Sure, most of what is said is hockey drivel, but sometimes you learn something. Sometimes there's true emotion. People get mad and tell the truth. We learned about Eichel from his early lockerroom interviews. There's fun. Lindy throws a shaving cream pie, etc. etc. Drew Stafford is seen wearing the celebratory fur coat. Rob is in the background picking off an imaginary goatee and hanging it up on the stall's hook.

The best argument for keeping it, I don't blame any fan for forgetting: SOMETIMES YOU WIN BIG GAMES, EVEN PLAYOFF GAMES, AND THE INTERVIEWS ARE JOYOUS, MUST SEE TV.

I know I have @Neo on my side here.

I am certainly aware of, and touched by, spontaneous joy!  I’m not sure I find it in locker room interviews very often.  I hear regurgitation of the obvious, “gotcha” or manufactured controversy too often for me to listen regularly.  Some hunts, I got no dog.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Neo said:

I am certainly aware of, and touched by, spontaneous joy!  I’m not sure I find it in locker room interviews very often.  I hear regurgitation of the obvious, “gotcha” or manufactured controversy too often for me to listen regularly.  Some hunts, I got no dog.

I guess it's a tradeoff. If you want the cameras in there after they win a Cup, you have to accept them in there after a loss to Columbus on a Tuesday in November.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, pi2000 said:

This is dumb... Is the media more likely to infect players?

I think this team is already infected 😷

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I quoted True, who was talking about never hearing another word from a professional athlete 

Gotcha. You guys don't ever want to hear them speak. That's extreme, but you're entitled to it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, PASabreFan said:

Gotcha. You guys don't ever want to hear them speak. That's extreme, but you're entitled to it.

I don't actually care, but I couldn't help noticing that upside of his proposition.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't actually care, but I couldn't help noticing that upside of his proposition.

In ROR's case, you'd have to believe it was a spontaneous comment that was not intended to add to the push to trade him. I'm not that naive. You would have heard it from him in some other way, IMHO. Players will always get their message out.

An interesting twist on this is where the players and PA stand on the lockerroom vs. conference room issue, or even how they would feel about no press access a'tall. I'm pretty sure the PA would not favor the latter.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

How will Sam Reinhart recover from not being able to see the bundle of joy Mike Harrington in the Sabres locker room?

A quick spin on the tandem??

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/7/2020 at 7:30 PM, TrueBlueGED said:

If I never heard another player, coach, or GM speak publicly again in any forum, my enjoyment of sports might actually increase. All anyone ever does is spew cliches or straight-up lie. 

I guess we can't fault them for having future political aspirations. 😁

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...