Eichel Has Deleted Twitter and Instagram

4 hours ago, inkman said:

Ok Mr humble brag.  As soon as I was on FB, I had to beat off ? women with a stick.  Sure, sure.  

Reminds me of the time I purchased "magnum" condoms at Walgreens.  Karen's eye grew wide with anticipation of what lies beneath. 

Later that night you told her April Fools.

5 hours ago, inkman said:

Ok Mr humble brag.  As soon as I was on FB, I had to beat off ? women with a stick.  Sure, sure.  

Reminds me of the time I purchased "magnum" condoms at Walgreens.  Karen's eye grew wide with anticipation of what lies beneath. 

What you do is grab a box of the magnum x-tra large and rip the pricetag off or cover the barcode with a sticker so when you go to the counter they do a pricecheck. All the lonely ladies in the store will come around to see who the guy with the deformity is.

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, inkman said:

Karen only had one eye?!

48 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

What you do is grab a box of the magnum x-tra large and rip the pricetag off or cover the barcode with a sticker so when you go to the counter they do a pricecheck. All the lonely ladies in the store will come around to see who the guy with the deformity is.

I mean, this has to be from experience, no?  

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/6/2020 at 8:34 PM, Pimlach said:

Oh really?  Nice, I’m modern’er than I thought.  

Gotta go now.  I’m meeting Dickie Duff, Donnie Marshall and Phil Goyette for Beer, Poker and Kojack re-runs.  

Don't forget Doctor Who with Tom Baker.

10 hours ago, Ogre said:

That’s exactly where I was with FB. My brother talked me into signing up and BOOM, within hours all the crazy women I’d successfully dodged for all these years had a method to find me....stupid move.

The odd thing about social media is that the people I thought were my friends in high school have proven otherwise. Some of them wouldn't delete my friend request, but they wouldn't confirm it either (which is very rude IMO). Even one of the who supposedly forgave me for how I treated her in the past (and who still bears an uncanny resemblance to Shirley Temple) left me hanging. And then this one gal who passed herself off as a believer (and ultimately became a pastor's wife) refused to accept my request - which was odd, seeing how we got along back in the day. Even had one guy leave me hanging. Probably was never a real friend to begin with (but I couldn't help but notice years later that his surname was one letter shy of one of Her Majesty's prisons).

At any rate, I've realized that I'm better off without them. It's best for me to forget what is past, and press on toward the goal. I don't have time to beg for approval from people who were never truly my friends. I really don't care if they've always viewed me as society's offscouring/dregs.

10 hours ago, inkman said:

B55DF68D-1646-4D9F-A915-28DDC40F78CC.png

27 minutes ago, Crosschecking said:

The odd thing about social media is that the people I thought were my friends in high school have proven otherwise. Some of them wouldn't delete my friend request, but they wouldn't confirm it either (which is very rude IMO). Even one of the who supposedly forgave me for how I treated her in the past (and who still bears an uncanny resemblance to Shirley Temple) left me hanging. And then this one gal who passed herself off as a believer (and ultimately became a pastor's wife) refused to accept my request - which was odd, seeing how we got along back in the day. Even had one guy leave me hanging. Probably was never a real friend to begin with (but I couldn't help but notice years later that his surname was one letter shy of one of Her Majesty's prisons).

At any rate, I've realized that I'm better off without them. It's best for me to forget what is past, and press on toward the goal. I don't have time to beg for approval from people who were never truly my friends. I really don't care if they've always viewed me as society's offscouring/dregs.

No reason to dwell on the past.  Live for tomorrow.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

As a severe introvert, Facebook, etc, is horrifying.  This board is the only social outlet I trust.  And for the last 9 years, this board is less of an outlet but more of a support group.  Sort of like SA (Sabres Anonymous).

• Like (+1) 4

My biggest problem with facebook, twitter and instagram is that everyone is to fake on those outlets.   You can see people act in ways they are not in real life.

Will probably delete facebook one of these days, just to much crap on it.   The political advertising and brainwashing on it is horrible.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

My biggest problem with facebook, twitter and instagram is that everyone is to fake on those outlets.   You can see people act in ways they are not in real life.

Will probably delete facebook one of these days, just to much crap on it.   The political advertising and brainwashing on it is horrible.

I don't know what you speak of, but I'm glad the US has transformed to electrical lighting rather than the previous gas lighting.technology.

• Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Crosschecking said:

Don't forget Doctor Who with Tom Baker.

You young whipper snapper!  (Whistles some chaw t'backy into a spittoon.)  Channel 17 was one of the first 10 stations in the country to get Jon Pertwee!  By cracky, my copies of "Doctor Who and the Silurians" and "The Ambassadors of Death" even have WNED and Mark Russell promos on them.

1 hour ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

You young whipper snapper!  (Whistles some chaw t'backy into a spittoon.)  Channel 17 was one of the first 10 stations in the country to get Jon Pertwee!  By cracky, my copies of "Doctor Who and the Silurians" and "The Ambassadors of Death" even have WNED and Mark Russell promos on them.

WNED channel 17 was where I first saw Monty Python.  Now I can add Monty Python to The Three Stooges and Albert Brooks movies as something women will never understand.

Edited by Tondas

2 hours ago, E4 ... Ke2 said:

Actually, I do remember when they had Jon Pertwee on there. Oh, and my mother HATED Benny Hill. (Then again, she was a Gloria Steinem liberal - even though she really didn't want to admit it.)

2 hours ago, Tondas said:

I don't know what you speak of, but I'm glad the US has transformed to electrical lighting rather than the previous gas lighting.technology.

I see what you did there.

3 hours ago, Indabuff said:

No reason to dwell on the past.  Live for tomorrow.

Actually, I'm living for eternity.

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.