Eichel Has Deleted Twitter and Instagram

2 hours ago, Weave said:

This forum is social media, so you do use social media.

It must have been social media before there was social media. Of course there was blogging before there was blogging. (Fun historical fact: the original dick pic was taken by a man with one of those cameras you stood behind, with the big poof of smoke. It was indeed a self portrait. It was taken by Eleven's great great grandfather, Thirteen.)

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

It must have been social media before there was social media. Of course there was blogging before there was blogging. (Fun historical fact: the original dick pic was taken by a man with one of those cameras you stood behind, with the big poof of smoke. It was indeed a self portrait. It was taken by Eleven's great great grandfather, Thirteen.)

I haven't laughed this hard in a while 

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Yeah, it's genetic.

11 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

Shouldn’t that name be Seven?

8 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

This place is really no different and you've been here for 5 years....just sayin'

I beg to differ on that.

There is some sense of civility here.

Occasionally there is a rattle of sabres to be heard no doubt, but we all get along better than the rest.

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, woods-racer said:

I beg to differ on that.

There is some sense of civility here.

Occasionally there is a rattle of sabres to be heard no doubt, but we all get along better than the rest.

It is in the aspect of people looking for and sharing instant information. 

25 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

It is in the aspect of people looking for and sharing instant information. 

Sabre Space and all other forms of social media do have the ability to share information.

Trying to maintain truth and civility while doing makes it a little more special.

We like to think we're special ?

21 hours ago, Pimlach said:

Oh really?  Nice, I’m modern’er than I thought.  

Gotta go now.  I’m meeting Dickie Duff, Donnie Marshall and Phil Goyette for Beer, Poker and Kojack re-runs.  

I'm watching a Hogan's Heroes marathon on the Sundance Channel.  ?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thanks (+1) 2

11 hours ago, Pimlach said:

With Fraulein Helga or Fraulein Hilda? 

11 hours ago, Tondas said:

Hilda.  Nice to have someone who appreciates the classics.

I grew up on so many of these shows. It's seems a life time ago now. I miss the days of going out on my bike, no phones, no social media, just you and your friends. 40 yrs ago for me I was 10, I miss those days, even though technology allows us to speak with one another on a broader scale.

We covet what we know so they say.

And on that note, it looks like Eichel is channeling his inner Schultz and saying "I know nothing, I see nothing Hogan". ? 

• Like (+1) 1

32 minutes ago, Scottysabres said:

I grew up on so many of these shows. It's seems a life time ago now. I miss the days of going out on my bike, no phones, no social media, just you and your friends. 40 yrs ago for me I was 10, I miss those days, even though technology allows us to speak with one another on a broader scale.

I enjoy being by myself.  I'm an introvert but not shy.  People interchange those terms all the time. My friends and family text me and I don't respond immediately.  They ask me why and I tell them that I rarely take my phone with me when I go out and when I'm home, my phone is in a different room and I don't hear it.  I get to it when I get to it.  It pisses them off which is just fine with me.  Now they rarely text or call.  Peace and quiet at last.

• Haha (+1) 1

My 33 year old daughter was upset that I didn’t answer her last few texts.  They were silly gifs and links to Twitter and Instagram on silly things.  Really, I’m just not into that humor to drop everything and respond.  Turns out, she is stressing out about a move, and social media is her way of dealing with it. 

I had to call her and talk her through it.  Talking through options and organizing your next steps seemed more logical then silly gifs that try to describe your feelings.  What we called a Generation Gap back in the day.  

26 minutes ago, Huckleberry said:

Probably just got a few stalkers he wants to get rid of.

That’s exactly where I was with FB. My brother talked me into signing up and BOOM, within hours all the crazy women I’d successfully dodged for all these years had a method to find me....stupid move.

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

That’s exactly where I was with FB. My brother talked me into signing up and BOOM, within hours all the crazy women I’d successfully dodged for all these years had a method to find me....stupid move.

I hear ya. I hear ya. I once posted a message on that newfangled community board down at the senior center, with the pushpins instead of good old fashioned staples, trying to give away my collection of Readers Digests, and I was inundated, absolutely flooded, with calls from the ladies. No, I don't want to talk about it at dinner at 4:30.

• Haha (+1) 3

1 hour ago, Ogre said:

Ok Mr humble brag.  As soon as I was on FB, I had to beat off ? women with a stick.  Sure, sure.  

Reminds me of the time I purchased "magnum" condoms at Walgreens.  Karen's eye grew wide with anticipation of what lies beneath. 

• Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, inkman said:

Ok Mr humble brag.  As soon as I was on FB, I had to beat off ? women with a stick.  Sure, sure.  

Reminds me of the time I purchased "magnum" condoms at Walgreens.  Karen's eye grew wide with anticipation of what lies beneath. 

I’m not saying they were beautiful or even desirable women. I’ve had three different psycho chicks tailing me off and on for years. Luckily I’m older and look like ***** now so they’ve backed off. I’m sure it had to have been an infatuation with an anatomical feature cause it sure wasn’t personality they were so crazy for?

4 minutes ago, Ogre said:

I’m not saying they were beautiful or even desirable women. I’ve had three different psycho chicks tailing me off and on for years. Luckily I’m older and look like ***** now so they’ve backed off. I’m sure it had to have been an infatuation with an anatomical feature cause it sure wasn’t personality they were so crazy for?

The 20-pound lipoma that Dr. Pimple Popper refused to operate on?

• Haha (+1) 2

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.