The Bad News Bres

PASabreFan

I think we're at the point, this season and overall, where some comic relief is needed. Let's embrace the untapped entertainment possibilities of rooting for this woebegone team. Take Ristolainen's ghost check. Don't be mad, be glad. It was hilarious.

What are some of your favorite comically bad moments of this and recent seasons?

This was a while ago, probably 2016-17, but I vividly remember this play in LA where somebody sprung Deslauriers on a rush, he and Ennis were flying down the ice with purpose right towards the LA defensemen. Ennis was about 10 feet to Nic's right. The rush abruptly ended when Deslauriers passed the puck, not to Tyler's stick blade, but into the crook of his elbow - a play exceptionally more difficult to do on purpose than a pass to the tape from that close. 

It might sound like nothing but it was really funny at the time 

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

This was a while ago, probably 2016-17, but I vividly remember this play in LA where somebody sprung Deslauriers on a rush, he and Ennis were flying down the ice with purpose right towards the LA defensemen. Ennis was about 10 feet to Nic's right. The rush abruptly ended when Deslauriers passed the puck, not to Tyler's stick blade, but into the crook of his elbow - a play exceptionally more difficult to do on purpose than a pass to the tape from that close. 

It might sound like nothing but it was really funny at the time 

I remember one of the small, but funny moments because it turned me against Bylsma.

I didn't believe Pens' fans' complaints about his system until I went to a preseason game against Columbus before the 2015-6 season.  After the 4th time that a defenceman just flipped the puck out of the defencive zone when he was not under pressure and had open teammates he could have head manned to, I started laughing at the system like the villain in a black-and-white serialised melodrama.

Sadly, that season was the high point of the current dry spell.  I can't believe it has got worse, let alone this much worse.

When you started with I think  we're at the point, I thought this was where we were going::

It's getting to the point where I'm no fun anymore
I am sorry
Sometimes it hurts so badly I must cry out loud
I am lonely
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks (+1) 1

Just now, Randall Flagg said:

Didn't Girgensons get a delay of game penalty within the last two years for shooting the puck over the glass on the far end of the arena? Like not only did he clear the zone, he cleared teh zone over the opposing goalie's head

I think it was Scandella and before that Mike Weber.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, shrader said:

Comically bad moments can work out in our favor sometimes too.  There was the puck in Mike Smith's pants and the goal  Legwand scored while he was on the bench.

I've asked my wife to call a certain part of my anatomy, Leg Wand.

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

31 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I think it was Scandella and before that Mike Weber.

Yup, it's becoming clearer.

Girgensons is the guy with the multiple three-stooges shifts, where a variety of physical follies rapidly pile up against him, usually from his own teammates. Shifts where he runs into his own man, and then promptly takes a dump-in attempt off the face

• Like (+1) 1

27 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Yup, it's becoming clearer.

Girgensons is the guy with the multiple three-stooges shifts, where a variety of physical follies rapidly pile up against him, usually from his own teammates. Shifts where he runs into his own man, and then promptly takes a dump-in attempt off the face

I remember Girgensons getting a delay of game penalty by flipping the puck over the glass at other end of the ice.

3 hours ago, Tondas said:

When you started with I think  we're at the point, I thought this was where we were going::

It's getting to the point where I'm no fun anymore
I am sorry
Sometimes it hurts so badly I must cry out loud
I am lonely
I am yours, you are mine, you are what you are

Doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo

definitely a favorite tune

Edited by KC Scouts
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, KC Scouts said:

Doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo doo doo
Doo doo doo doo doo, doo doo doo doo

definitely a favorite tune

I've got an answer
I'm going to fly away
What have I got to lose?

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.