Will Eichel hit 90 points this year?

matter2003

4 hours ago, Kristian said:

I think they should sit him until he’s a 100%.

Not answering your question, just speaking my mind ?

He's the captain, he needs to play through it, that comes with the territory.

I applaud his effort to continue playing, that resonates in the room.

It will pay dividends down the road.

7 minutes ago, Randall Flagg said:

Amazing how, every year, when the March swoon hits for a bad team, all of a sudden the players become bad people as well

He’s not a bad guy.  He’s an entertainer that has stopped entertaining at full effort.  

Just an observation.

22 minutes ago, Weave said:

He’s not a bad guy.  He’s an entertainer that has stopped entertaining at full effort.  

Just an observation.

I don't mean that post to respond to the deserved criticisms of his effort, or pointing out the fact that we've never seen Jack, or the Sabres, go on a tear in the month of March.

I'm talking mainly about the post before mine. It happens every year, and has had subjects including Jack, Reinhart, Evander, Lehner, and most famously, one Ryan O'Reilly. Time after time, the problem actually reveals itself not to be who these players are as a person (and I mean some of the ROR ***** i read here and elsewhere was downright vicious) but, after these players succeed elsewhere, the original thing that people spent months noticing beforehand - how bad the hockey team has been constructed 

Edit: the first non-Weave post before mine hehe

Edited by Randall Flagg
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

I’d agree with this, if the team still had a shot at the playoffs.

2 hours ago, pi2000 said:

Nah.  There are a lot of hockey stereotypes in your comments here.

And who is it going to pay dividends with down the road?  With any luck at all, this roster is going to look very different next fall.

If Botterill is canned, it will look totally different. 

5 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

Amazing how, every year, when the March swoon hits for a bad team, all of a sudden the players become bad people as well

4 hours ago, Randall Flagg said:

I don't mean that post to respond to the deserved criticisms of his effort, or pointing out the fact that we've never seen Jack, or the Sabres, go on a tear in the month of March.

I'm talking mainly about the post before mine. It happens every year, and has had subjects including Jack, Reinhart, Evander, Lehner, and most famously, one Ryan O'Reilly. Time after time, the problem actually reveals itself not to be who these players are as a person (and I mean some of the ROR ***** i read here and elsewhere was downright vicious) but, after these players succeed elsewhere, the original thing that people spent months noticing beforehand - how bad the hockey team has been constructed 

Edit: the first non-Weave post before mine hehe

Exactly. Jack slumping down the stretch here is fair game. The post you are responding to definitely takes it to another level entirely. 

2 hours ago, Kruppstahl said:

Nah.  There are a lot of hockey stereotypes in your comments here.

And who is it going to pay dividends with down the road?  With any luck at all, this roster is going to look very different next fall.

If Botterill is canned, it will look totally different. 

If he was sitting out everyone would complain that he's soft.

13 hours ago, LTS said:

Funny, I enjoy watching 21, 22, 28 play.  I enjoyed watching Lazar.  They play like they care.  The body attitude permeating off the ice on 9 and 26... not so much.  Certainly not last night.

Fine, I agree they play hard but you are investing in 4th line players.  Other than #9 and #26, these four 4th liners are the most consistent and actually play to their abilities.  One Problem is a few 4th liners should be developmental - these guys are who they are.  

Reinhart, Risto, Montour, Johansson, Skinner, McCabe, Miller - they are various degrees of good but then they just disappear.  No great leaders here either.  McCabe was a possibility in that department but does not deliver   

I still have hope for Olofsson,  Uhlmark, and Joker.  

Vessey, Hutton, Sobotka, Frolik and Pilut are junk.  

Tage and Mitts are disappointing.   After Cozens we have ?????

19 minutes ago, Sabre1974 said:

Its mental he has went 7 games without a point. But if he's injured why are they still playing him???

Because he's not injured.  I think he is "dinged up" in the way most players are at this time of year.  If he was truly injured, he wouldn't be in the lineup.

Something is obviously bothering him though; he's not the same as he has been most of the year.  

13 minutes ago, Kruppstahl said:

Because he's not injured.  I think he is "dinged up" in the way most players are at this time of year.  If he was truly injured, he wouldn't be in the lineup.

Something is obviously bothering him though; he's not the same as he has been most of the year.  

He's never went this long before without getting a point. Although he is carrying the rest of the team. The guy doesn't deserve this. 

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.