Will Eichel hit 90 points this year?

matter2003

3 minutes ago, Gatorman0519 said:

Droughts are normal anomalies.  But between his injury, and now teams completely blanket him defensively if you noticed, maybe not.  

And that every time he's on the ice players are looking for him.. even if they should not be.

But he's also checked out.  No, I don't think he scores much more the rest of the year.  Sadly I think this team will drop like an anchor.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Kristian said:

I think they should sit him until he’s a 100%.

I'm not disagreeing.  But I watch to see 9 and 26.  It would really be an unwatchable team without him in the lineup.

Edited by Tondas
  • Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'm not disagreeing.  But I watch to see 9 and 26.  It would really be an unwatchable team without him in the lineup.

Funny, I enjoy watching 21, 22, 28 play.  I enjoyed watching Lazar.  They play like they care.  The body attitude permeating off the ice on 9 and 26... not so much.  Certainly not last night.

• Like (+1) 1

Don't know, but it's another thing that doesn't matter

As for Jack, how does he "check out" when he just vowed as team captain the team wouldn't collapse again down the stretch of another season? If it's a "nagging" injury that still allows him to play, like I posted last night, welcome to the NHL playoffs, Jack. If it's closer coverage, again, same point.

I find all of it somewhat disturbing. We still don't know, five years in, what we have in this player when the rubber hits the road.

3 minutes ago, LTS said:

Funny, I enjoy watching 21, 22, 28 play.  I enjoyed watching Lazar.  They play like they care.  The body attitude permeating off the ice on 9 and 26... not so much.  Certainly not last night.

Jack made that cross-ice pass that missed, then stood up and relaxed, apparently disgusted, as the puck started the other way for a goal. That's 2016 Jack.

2 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

As for Jack, how does he "check out" when he just vowed as team captain the team wouldn't collapse again down the stretch of another season? If it's a "nagging" injury that still allows him to play, like I posted last night, welcome to the NHL playoffs, Jack. If it's closer coverage, again, same point.

I find all of it somewhat disturbing. We still don't know, five years in, what we have in this player when the rubber hits the road.

True, he could be Alexi Yashin v. 1.2.

10 minutes ago, PASabreFan said:

Jack made that cross-ice pass that missed, then stood up and relaxed, apparently disgusted, as the puck started the other way for a goal. That's 2016 Jack.

Yep, he was also annoyed when Larsson skated by him and they didn't transfer the puck cleanly.  Jack has to learn to take his prima donna skill and lose the prima donna attitude.

After he was held along the boards (and he was held) he stood there yelling at the ref.  He slowly skated up the ice.  Then after the play he went BACK to the ref again to complain.  The ref just shooed him away.

1 hour ago, LTS said:

Yeah, that line works and plays hard regardless of the score.  They are seasoned pros.  I remember when I was 19 or 23 years old  in Jack's case in the workforce and how I was a crappy employee.  It took me years to become a professional.  Jack has come a long way in maturing.  Rasmus is still learning.  I'm sure any team he was on in Sweden was a winning team just because of him.  This may be his first experience with a losing team.  Hopefully, they can overcome this debacle and mature faster.  But they are fun as he11 to watch now.

Jacks no different than the fans. He played his heart out most of the season and likely waited as we did for JBottom to bring in help.  Nothing but crickets. Simmons is clearly on his last legs and JBotttom wants to resign him. Kahun may turn out ok, who knows ? Likely won’t help the cause with Ralph calling the shots. It is demoralizing for the fans so I can imagine how Jack feels. But he seems injured for sure. Broken heart ?

It really feels like Jack (along with Sam) packed it in during the road trip when it became clear yet another season was done.

You get the sense they are at best feeling sorry for themselves, or, worse, exuding an attitude of blaming those around them.

Avoiding this fracture of what Ralph has been trying to build is exactly why we needed March games to be meaningful.

Edited by dudacek
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

I'd give Belichick a chance.  Give him a year to figure out hockey and let him loose. 

I'm so desperate for the Sabres to win, I'll,,,,,I'll,,,,,,,no F Belichick.  Just can't do it.

39 minutes ago, bunomatic said:

Jacks no different than the fans. He played his heart out most of the season and likely waited as we did for JBottom to bring in help.  Nothing but crickets. Simmons is clearly on his last legs and JBotttom wants to resign him. Kahun may turn out ok, who knows ? Likely won’t help the cause with Ralph calling the shots. It is demoralizing for the fans so I can imagine how Jack feels. But he seems injured for sure. Broken heart ?

It's so strange how a player who is only 31 has turned into a shell of himself a year after scoring 17 goals and 2 years after scoring 24, the last of 5 straight 20+ goal seasons that included 2 30+ goal seasons as well... plenty of players play well into their 30's and maintain good production---maybe not at their prime levels of their mid 20's but not "fall off a cliff" production either.

Kind of the same thing that happened with Okposo, except it happened to him a year earlier.

Edited by matter2003
  • Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Tondas said:

I'm so desperate for the Sabres to win, I'll,,,,,I'll,,,,,,,no F Belichick.  Just can't do it.

Come on.  Wouldn't it be funny that the guy who derailed any hope of a Bills Superbowl victory all these years helped win the cup for the Sabres?

2 minutes ago, Indabuff said:

Come on.  Wouldn't it be funny that the guy who derailed any hope of a Bills Superbowl victory all these years helped win the cup for the Sabres?

I'd go to the Sabres Stanley Cup parade and then take 3 showers when I got home.

Edited by Tondas

2 hours ago, PASabreFan said:

As good a player is Jack is, I just don't think he is captain material at the NHL level.

34 minutes ago, Ross Rhea said:

As good a player is Jack is, I just don't think he is captain material at the NHL level.

I'll go further, I think he's the bad attitude in the locker room. He has always seemed to me like a spoiled little brat with his nose up in the air. I had a friend tell me a story about how his brother was an Uber driver and had Jack in his car one night when he first got here and without prompting told the driver 'Your tip is that you got to drive Jack Eichel' 

Now I dunno about the validity of that story as I'm always sceptical about celebrity stories but that just always seemed to fit for me. Between the stories of locker room division when he was starting out between the youth and the vets and how there is always motivation issues on this team, I can see it being him.

Everyone has worked with someone who was great at their job but was an absolute POS and bratty and whenever you had to work with them it was something to be endured, not enjoyed. 

Worst part is that if this is all true I cannot think of a human being I would trust less than JBot at improving the Sabres in an Eichel trade. 

1 hour ago, dudacek said:

It really feels like Jack (along with Sam) packed it in during the road trip when it became clear yet another season was done.

You get the sense they are at best feeling sorry for themselves, or, worse, exuding an attitude of blaming those around them.

Avoiding this fracture of what Ralph has been trying to build is exactly why we needed March games to be meaningful.

Yup.

And frankly, I’ve grown tired pf watching them pack it in.  At this point it is habit.

We really, really needed games that matter in March, for Jacks development if nothing else.

• Like (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.