Offical NHL Draft Lottery Thread

WildCard

I hope the Sabres finish decent, even 9-7 in their last 16. Would give them 84 points, a modest 8 point improvement from last year, but at least it would be an improvement, something of a positive note for the franchise can help. It certainly cant hurt

As for the lottery, the Sabres going to 5th won't give them much better odds. This draft is very deep, if the Sabres can pick 5 or 11 they might get a similar caliber of talent anyway.

Edited by Ruff Around The Edges
  • Like (+1) 2

I'm expecting another 80 point season right now which should get us a top 7 pick again.  This team could be good...scary good in another 3-5 years just as Jack reaches the age of 27-30.  Slow improvements this year and they got some good assets for the future.  Still have too many guys that play the same type of game.  Still need another bruiser on the back end, (maybe Borgen), and true power forward, ( would love Josh Anderson).

• Like (+1) 1

16 hours ago, Ruff Around The Edges said:

I hope the Sabres finish decent, even 9-7 in their last 16. Would give them 84 points, a modest 8 point improvement from last year, but at least it would be an improvement, something of a positive note for the franchise can help. It certainly cant hurt

As for the lottery, the Sabres going to 5th won't give them much better odds. This draft is very deep, if the Sabres can pick 5 or 11 they might get a similar caliber of talent anyway.

Looking at this draft and still warming up the research train, I would say there are 7 maybe 8 players before there is a drop. 

Lafreniere, Byfield, Rossi, Raymond, Perfetti, Stutzle, Holtz, and Drysdale.   I might revise this in 2 months but for now that would be the tier I want into. 

Just now, Zamboni said:

Prior draft lottery drawing dates

April 29th 2017

April 22nd 2018

April 9th 2019

I wonder if they're trying to avoid the NFL draft. They also are doing it before the playoffs this time, instead of intermission of a playoff game

• Thanks (+1) 1

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.