GDT: PENGUINS @ SABRES - 7 PM ET

Mustache of God

2 hours ago, LTS said:

I'll be there tonight.

Taking my son and 3 of his friends to the game as part of celebrating his 16th birthday.  Lord help me the 4 of them (friends in life, hockey and baseball teammates) are insane when they are together.

I'm looking forward to it. Hope the Sabres win.  That would be nice. ?

Take them to Duff's after the game.  It'll be a great evening either win or lose.

3 hours ago, LTS said:

I'll be there tonight.

Taking my son and 3 of his friends to the game as part of celebrating his 16th birthday.  Lord help me the 4 of them (friends in life, hockey and baseball teammates) are insane when they are together.

I'm looking forward to it. Hope the Sabres win.  That would be nice. ?

I'm going too, free tickets in Chet & Muffyville. The group I'm with are casual types, "eh Big Ditch first, get there when we get there".  Like roll in at end of 1st period?  Ugh. 

I'm looking for Simmonds to at least attempt to find a fight.  First game in front of home crowd.  I think he needs to show here if he's got any shot at offer for next year.

I am surprisingly looking forward to tonight's game.  Maybe it's Stockholm Syndrome, I'm not sure.  But I love hockey and I love the Sabres.  Drop the frickin' puck!!

Go Sabres!!

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Tondas said:

Take them to Duff's after the game.  It'll be a great evening either win or lose.

That's right, a Sabres loss followed by food poisoning always makes for a great evening.

Judging by Cozens size, weight and just overall ability to dominate in the WHL combined with his birthdate (Feb.) impacting his ability to join the AHL due to the CHL/NHL current contract, I don't see the Sabres keeping him in the WHL next season. Which of course leaves only one option, to the NHL roster, which, personally, I feel would be a massive mistake. I could be wrong, but as of now, listening to Botterill on WGR right now, I see the organization opening up the potential of destroying another young talent.

7 hours ago, Mustache of God said:

How many total points will Sheary & EROD put up tonight? I'm guessing at least 3.

That's really the only thing I am interested in tonight. They were crap here so if they are suddenly good there it raises questions, big questions and bad answers.

I expect them to be as useless as Bogo is in Tamp though. 

Lose for Byfield? I dunno, don't really care. Just entertain me a little. 

Paul Hamilton asked Sheary in a pre-game interview straight up if he asked for a trade.

He waffled around in his answer, but didn't say "no."  Seemed glad to be back in Pitt.

Rodriguez was asked what trade deadline day was like.  He said "Pretty exciting, knowing you're coming to such a storied franchise."  Of course we know he asked for a trade.  

Don't think either guy is missing Buffalo.

You wonder how many of these guys have asked for a trade that we don't know about.

Edited by Kruppstahl
  • Like (+1) 2

Love the Sabres too and am looking forward to the game as others have said. 

Listened to the Botterill interview on WGR just now.  He's getting hard to listen to for me.  I know there's nothing to really say but when he says "It's a situation where ...."  it's like nails on the chalkboard.  

54 minutes ago, PerreaultForever said:

That's really the only thing I am interested in tonight. They were crap here so if they are suddenly good there it raises questions, big questions and bad answers.

I expect them to be as useless as Bogo is in Tamp though. 

Lose for Byfield? I dunno, don't really care. Just entertain me a little. 

Find the minefield for Byfield.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a VERY SPECIFIC REASON to revive this one.